Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question.
    #3342809 - 11/10/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My second grow (not counting the rye flour debacle), and I've got to the pinning stage. Woohoo! It's no less brilliant second time round.
Isn't it weird how they just suddenly appear there.. All the other phases before and after the fungus seems to move with a determined purpose, but it just stops almost dead for days just to do this one little thing.

Well. Anyway. I've been seeing some disconcerting things about popcorn, which is what I used here. So anyone who works regularly with popcorn cased feel free to tell me what I can expect here for definite. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info. In any case I should be posting some results in the coming weeks.

Thanks. :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question. [Re: Hambo]
    #3342825 - 11/10/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i love popcorn, its all i use for spawn. it shakes easy, colonizes fast. i dont know why anyone would say anything bad about it, it works just as good and any other grain imo.

the only other grains ive used is bird seed, and that crap is a pain in the ass.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineHambo
Limey

Re: Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3342853 - 11/10/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Aye, I hear a lot about spawn. But I'm limited in my growing in that I live in a small flat, and have a g/f who would kick the living kak out of me if I tried anything involving poo in the front room, poo in cooking apparatus, or indeed actually anything remotely pooish. So I'm asking specifically about just straight cased popcorn. :/

--------------------

OfflineHambo
Limey

#3353096 - 11/12/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Erm.. Anyway..

The casing. A bit more than 2" colonised popcorn depth, cased with a random mixture of coir/verm.

The pins. Grow my prettiessss, yessss, growwww.

Hows that so far? looks good to me :laugh:.
I know its hard to see but the casing is really covered with water droplets. I tried dropping the humidity a bit but its not doing much good. Reckon that'll be OK old hands?

--------------------

OfflineSamus
Stranger

#3353104 - 11/12/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Looks great. How far into fruiting is that?

OfflineHambo
Limey

Re: Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question. [Re: Samus]
    #3353239 - 11/12/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I can't really say.. about a week n a half maybe? Give or take a couple of days?
I've a terrible memory.. total crap at timekeeping, sorry. :/

--------------------

Offlinekrazycure
Coastal TripTech

Loc: The edge of reason
    #3353252 - 11/12/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Hambo, did the rye flour turn out not working well because of something you did or just because BRF is better? I ask because I bought some right about the time you started.. also read about someone's elses failure...

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question. [Re: krazycure]
    #3353277 - 11/12/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm using BRF but grains are next. I used coco-coir and verm, it's kinda of a random mix, i tried 60/40 but its not that exactly and damn, it's looking good, coco-coir is the shit. lol, gk and nice casings, but it looks like you should be careful, you don't want any overlay, right sam? lol. Gl later

OfflineHambo
Limey

Re: Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3353488 - 11/12/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure. I think my water content may have been a bit off.. I'm back on BRF until I find out how well this popcorn does, it certainly colonised like shit off a shovel..

I have nocked up a few jars of mex's and a few of pink buffalo with BRF and did a couple of jars each on rye flour too today. However I'm really not sure about this PB print, I never had black spotty contams till I first used it last week. We'll see, I'll start posting some results in a week or so I suppose.

I don't think its overlaid gnos, but I'll patch it again after first harvest, though whether I'll get any decent flushes after first is kind of what I'm wondering about.

--------------------

OfflineHambo
Limey

#3358915 - 11/14/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

doopie doo doobie doodoo doop...

--------------------

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
    #3359037 - 11/14/04 07:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

how did you sterilize your casing mix and did you patch?

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

OfflineHambo
Limey

Re: Pins.. hurrah. And a popcorn question. [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3359131 - 11/14/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The casing mix was a bit of a nightmare. I could only find coir in ready made blocks of compost. So I expanded it with water and washed/strained it several times with boiling water to flush out all the nutes and salts. Then I added verm, and stuck it in the microwave and boiled it till water content was about right. I did patch very lightly when the myc popped up most agressively around the right and top left side.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder