Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejugglebones
Stranger

has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick?
    #2319714 - 02/09/04 09:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

has enybody here done the dark side of the moon/wizard of oz trick?
you start the movie the wizard of oz(turn the sound off and when the mgm lion roars the second time you start the darkside of the moon cd.)

it actually sounds as if it belongs in the movie it fits perfectly with the images of the wizard its so trippy!!

just wondering if anyone has done it and if you havent i would try it while you are tripping ...its freaky!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: jugglebones]
    #2319805 - 02/09/04 10:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea...

:>......i have

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleRobbieIllogikal
Stranger
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? *DELETED* [Re: jugglebones]
    #2319808 - 02/09/04 10:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by RobbieIllogikal

Reason for deletion: I don't want to be associated with this site any more.

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#2320623 - 02/10/04 05:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I saw moe. on halloween i think 2000 at tower theatre in philly. first set the band came out--rob on bass dressed as the lion, got tin man on guitar(Chuck) on the right dorothy(Al) also on guitar, a flying monkey beating on drums(Vinnie) and a few guests. So on two big screens on either side of the stage you se the MGM lion come up and the band goes right into dark side--the whole thing. they must have been listening to it w/ headphones to keep time. after that they came back out and played for like three more hours. the shows on archive.org live music archive along with almost 400 of their other shows. It's a less than perfect audience recording though. 4 cd's.

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2321030 - 02/10/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i've been meaning to try this trick for a long time. i have to go to a wedding this weekend, maybe i can stash an 1/8 of pot and attempt that trick to the movie in a cozy hotel room :laugh:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: RobbieIllogikal]
    #2321409 - 02/10/04 02:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RobbieIllogikal said:
The synchronicity is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better with Echoes and the "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite" section of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

you have the right idea man, i love it when the keyboard (?) rings synch to dave's foot steps and gilmours guitar slides go with the movement of dave's body. thats so intense.

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2321884 - 02/10/04 07:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive watched it many times like this...good good stuff. i have mine as a divx file on my computer, all setup with the sound perfectly started already.

very crazy...

~JSlice~

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2323320 - 02/11/04 06:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've read that if you start meddle after dark side ends, it continues to finish the movie. Also read that if you start animals after dark side ends it finishes the movie... anybody tried this? I've seen the Dark Side of the Rainbow as the opening segment of a Pink Floyd Laser Light Show in a large theatre. AMAZING... and they completely deny it.

But, even the song titles and lyrics fit. "The Great Gig in the Sky" when the tornado is coming?! I think Pink Floyd is lying to us!

Krishna

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2323604 - 02/11/04 09:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes.

There is some synchronicity.

Take any cool album and any cool movie and start the two together (wherever you want, it doesn't matter) and be AMAZED at the unbelievable coincidence you will see!

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Viveka]
    #2323639 - 02/11/04 09:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thats very true. ive gotten in the habit of watching cartoons with the volume off on tv, and jammin out to music while i watch. definetly lots of things line up. tom petty + dexters lab = dexters petty lab, errr....something. good shit.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: angryjslice]
    #2326032 - 02/12/04 08:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Some bits are DEAD ON, but mostly it's a pretty tough call.

--------------------
"...My milk turned to mecca, my face fell through the floor, think I found the key to heaven but I cannot find the door..." - Legendary Pink Dots

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2326554 - 02/12/04 11:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"thats very true. ive gotten in the habit of watching cartoons with the volume off on tv, and jammin out to music while i watch."

rofl last time I was tripping ta a friend's house, he put Yogi Bear on (its was a yogi marathon, YOGI EVERYWHERE CONSTANTLY!) and it was all fitting in with the music..

I've watched dark side of rainbow and thought it was KIND OF cool, but nothing too special as I watch video to music all the time so I find synchronicity everywhere anyway

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAlbion
Stranger
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3294965 - 10/29/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I actually have a really good VCD version of it on my computer that someone "professionally" mixed. Be pretty easy to burn it to a DVD.

Oh, BTW, this web site is a must. http://www.synchronicityarkive.com/

-Al

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Albion]
    #3298099 - 10/30/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

In Toronto Bloor Cinema does a showing of "Dark Side of Oz" once a month. All kinds off hippies/stoners come and hotbox the theater. :bong: :spliff: :smoker:

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Heffy]
    #3299107 - 10/30/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
In Toronto Bloor Cinema does a showing of "Dark Side of Oz" once a month. All kinds off hippies/stoners come and hotbox the theater. :bong: :spliff: :smoker:

I've found my vacation destination

--------------------

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Viveka]
    #3299169 - 10/30/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EvilEye? said:
Yes.

There is some synchronicity.

Take any cool album and any cool movie and start the two together (wherever you want, it doesn't matter) and be AMAZED at the unbelievable coincidence you will see!

Yeah, it works best with cartoons with no words and music with no, or little words though (I like playing Fantasia with Shpongle).

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Offlinewhaaat
Lost

Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Heffy]
    #3351327 - 11/12/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:

Hey!  I've been checking that out on and off since they started it a couple of years ago... I was trying to get them to do 2001/Echoes as well, I think that'd go over pretty well.

Other cool syncs I've tried:

Fantasia/Meddle program tracks 6,1,2,3,4,5 start as first lines of animation appear after we are introduced to orchestra.  During One Of These Days, Mickey chops up the broom as the line "one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces" is spoken.

Alice In Wonderland/The Wall (skip Comfortably Numb, start a couple of seconds after the music starts at the beginning of the movie) this one works pretty well, but it's not one of my favourite albums.

Return of the Jedi (Special Edition VHS)/OK Computer start the album when Leiah tells Luke "You have a power I don't understand" this may be off a couple of seconds for the DVD edition, but for VHS, Lucky ends with the movie, and The Tourist plays over the end credits.

--------------------
"We dont deliberately try and make everything come out like that [space oriented]. It just works out that things happen that way. We all read science fiction and groove to '2001'; its all very good. But some of our things happen completely accidentally."
-David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: whaaat]
    #3352334 - 11/12/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The best is Echoes syched with 2001 Space Odyssey. Very cool. I have it on file 252MBs if anyone would like a copy PM me and I'll see about getting it to you. Hey, if you got some good spores to trade I'll send it to you on a disc in return for some spores- syringe preferred. It's a cool track. You may can download it using Kazaa or something.

Offlinewhaaat
Lost

Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: Supernova]
    #3353163 - 11/12/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Supernova, strongly agree that 2001/Echoes is the strongest one. Everybody I've shown that to has been blown away.

Forgot to mention, one really cool thing I discovered at Bloor Cinema that I've never seen mentioned on the net: after the first playthrough of the album, pause it for about 13 1/2 seconds, and then restart the album. If you time it right, the mechanical noises at the beginning of Speak To Me appear to be coming from the Tinman as he walks towards the YBR, then as he stumbles, you hear the scream and he starts dancing right as Breathe kicks in. Not only does he dance to the beat if you time it right, but when he starts leaning, first one way, then the other, it's in time with Dave Gilmour's slide guitar. Absolutely has to be seen to be believed, and got the biggest reaction out of the crowd, every time.

--------------------
"We dont deliberately try and make everything come out like that [space oriented]. It just works out that things happen that way. We all read science fiction and groove to '2001'; its all very good. But some of our things happen completely accidentally."
-David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: has anyone ever done the darkside/wizard trick? [Re: whaaat]
    #3353550 - 11/12/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Im not a big fan of the whole darkside wizard mix. Some parts are pretty creepy like when the bells start ringing in the third song and the witch starts riding her bicycle, but for the most part I just find it boring. Ill definately have to try the 2001 space odyssey echoes trick though!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures