Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: entiformatie]
    #2965396 - 08/04/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
Be here now buddy. That doesn't mean look outside of reality for things to spice up your life. The spice is in your everyday existance, in the things you take for granted as you try to create little psiballs that could very well be the product of your imagination.

I realize alot of people think that this stuff is a waist of time, and it is a valid opinion. I'm not upset that you think so, I actually expect it of most people. The problem with your argument is that psi is one of the spices of MY everyday existance.

I personally always had a dislike for sports since I was younger, but I don't go around saying "dude, you gotta look to other things that really matter and blah blah blah." If anything sports such as basket ball or soccer; where the object of the game is to chase a round, out of controll thing into a designated space are a waist to me. I feel that I might as well chase my tale for hours.

In the end, we are going to disagree. I do play sports every once in a while, but would you have told me that sports is empty if this was a sports thread. I can't assume that you would or would not say the same thing about sports (if you'd say anything at all).

However the same argument can be made for any activity.

Someone could ask you, "Why do you spend so much time with your family? Why don't you find what is important to yourself and blah ablah blah?"

Seriously, your statement applies to anything depending on how you feel. If psi [or anything else for that matter] is what I want to do and it makes _me_ happy, wouldn't you say it's part of the spice to my individual life? And whether you say so or not, do you think it's going to matter to me?

Seriously, this is the second time I've heard someone say that on this thread (drop this stuff and find what matters in life) and it's like, who is anyone else to judge what matters in my life. I know from my own experiance that psi is very real much like you, in your experiance, have learned it is probably not (assuming that is your view).

I do what I want, I don't always make the right choice, there is alot of stuff wrong with my life, alot of things I am a mess with. While I struggle alot, psi is something that has come to me naturally more than I have pursued it. Why should I stop? Why can't I fix problems at home and practice Psi balls in my spare time.

I also play guitar, would you tell me to stop that because there are things more important to me? I hope you see what I mean. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, because you are right in alot of ways.

People do need to realize the simple, important things because they get all caught up in worlds of superficiality. I'm poor and I do what I can to live life happily in harmony, but I have gotten caught up in drugs and other personal shit I won't mention.

But if you think I'm chasing fairy tales that's fine, just remember that not everything is explained and there is alot we all don't know about ourselves. For all of our sences we are blind to the infinity that is reality, our minds can't even understand infinity.

Anyways, in closing, practicing psi is a hobbie for now and it is just that. I don't expect to find eternal happiness or inner balance out of this. It is my own exploration for my own reasons, I do it for me. I hope you understand this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: MAGnum]
    #2966238 - 08/04/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This thread seems dead. :frown:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2967292 - 08/05/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont have a problem with you playing with psi-balls, or playing soccer, or playing guitar, or jacking off every waking moment. But when you play soccer, you realize your chasing a ball around. When your playing the guitar, you realize your strumming chords and making sounds. When you jack off, you realize your indulging in some social taboo. But when you play with psi-balls, do you realize you're just feeling your body's heat?

I don't have a problem with hobbies, but self-delusion just can't be good, and I have a very skeptical outlook towards psi-balls. I believe in something more than what you see is what you get. Of course I'm open to any possibility. But I think psi-balls are meaningless.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2968413 - 08/05/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont have a problem with you playing with psi-balls, or playing soccer, or playing guitar, or jacking off every waking moment. But when you play soccer, you realize your chasing a ball around. When your playing the guitar, you realize your strumming chords and making sounds. When you jack off, you realize your indulging in some social taboo.

I'm glad you understand that.

But when you play with psi-balls, do you realize you're just feeling your body's heat?

I haven't worked much with psiballs, but you're making me come up with some good ideas of skipping the "psiball" stuff if it doesn't make sense in the end. If it comes down to it, I will focus on what works for me. After all, I myself cannot knock it till I try it.

I do believe it is possible to make a sphere of energy. The usage of this sphere might not actually be the most useful contruct. I don't know if they are valid yet.

I don't have a problem with hobbies, but self-delusion just can't be good, and I have a very skeptical outlook towards psi-balls. I believe in something more than what you see is what you get. Of course I'm open to any possibility. But I think psi-balls are meaningless.

I really think someone thought up psi balls out of thier own conscious scheme. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the person who invented the concept it works for that person as well as like minded others. If it doesn't work for you that's fine.

Of course I'm open to any possibility.

I'm glad. Perhaps you are right and psiballs are meaningless; A product of diluted "video game schemes." Perhaps when people generate a psi-ball, it is not the most efficiant method of focusing energy.

If psiballs are meaningless, it may just mean that there are better things.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2968424 - 08/05/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont have a problem with you playing with psi-balls, or playing soccer, or playing guitar, or jacking off every waking moment. But when you play soccer, you realize your chasing a ball around. When your playing the guitar, you realize your strumming chords and making sounds. When you jack off, you realize your indulging in some social taboo.

I'm glad you understand that.

But when you play with psi-balls, do you realize you're just feeling your body's heat?

I haven't worked much with psiballs, but you're making me come up with some good ideas of skipping the "psiball" stuff if it doesn't make sense in the end. If it comes down to it, I will focus on what works for me. After all, I myself cannot knock it till I try it.

I do believe it is possible to make a sphere of energy. The usage of this sphere might not actually be the most useful contruct. I don't know if they are valid yet.

I really think someone thought up psi balls out of thier own conscious scheme. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the person who invented the concept it works for that person as well as like minded others. If it doesn't work for you that's fine.

Of course I'm open to any possibility.

I'm glad. Perhaps you are right and psiballs are meaningless; A product of diluted "video game schemes." Perhaps when people generate a psi-ball, it is not the most efficiant method of focusing energy.

If psiballs are meaningless, it may just mean that there are better things.

So what do you think about the ideas of telepathy and telekinesis, forgetting about psi balls.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2968803 - 08/05/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I do definitely believe in something more than what we understand now. It is not so much that I don't believe in what you see is what you get, but that we just aren't seeing and understanding everything. For example: chakras, energy meridians in the body, acupoints. These things have been proven to work effectively.

There remains a lot we don't understand about ourselves, which makes us such fascinating subjects. Neurochemistry, biochemistry, that shit gets crazy. Psi-balls is just the basic of basics of biochemistry. Heat and energy traveling through our bodies. But it gets so much more intricate than that.

If you're interested in that kind of stuff, PM me, I'm just getting into it, and it's a world of possibilities and discoveries. :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #3351795 - 11/12/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Does anyone have any other good websites or guides to this subject?

It frustrates me that when I look up psychic, I get a bunch of taro/astology pay sites for searching the word "Telekinesis." I'm not bashing taro cards or astrology or anything, but what does a taro card have to do with Telekinesis?

I'm looking for info on anything mind over matter that doesn't involve the use of physical tools such as cards, wands, etc. I am looking for serios websites; No cheese please!

There's some serious research going on in this area. Take a look at these if you like:

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/
http://www.boundaryinstitute.org/

Especially relevant:

"The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena"
http://a1162.fmg.uva.nl/~djb/publications/2000/psychotropic_GF.pdf

"The Influence of Psychedelics on Remote Viewing"
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v11n1/11143mil.html

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3351806 - 11/12/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

everyday stuff really

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Shroomism]
    #3351918 - 11/12/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
everyday stuff really

The question is, if it's so "everyday," why doesn't someone--just one person--go win James Randi's $1 million and prove its existence?

I'm inclined to believe that, if it's real, it doesn't manifest in such obvious ways as being able to twirl paper spinners--otherwise someone would have used this to win the bounty.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3351943 - 11/12/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I beg to differ. I have seen first mind its effects, including spinning paper as well as flames, various lids, foil, ect. But, of course, this is not a claim or nothing, just a general anecdote unrelated to myself, for which I require no proof or further comments :laugh:

Believe what you experience, is the key thing here.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3351948 - 11/12/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well I was half joking... but you're question is multi-faceted

- either they don't know about Randi's 1 million
- they don't care
- they can't prove telekinesis in a laborotory setting
- they think the world isn't ready to be aware of its existance to empirical science
- they can't demonstrate telekinesis period
- they don't have the inflated ego to want to challenge some charlatan trying to prove everyone wrong
- those who have seen, need no proof
- those who have seen, don't need to prove

or any number of about ten trillion variables that I could write an encyclopedia of crap on.

personally, if I could demonstrate telekinesis in the physical world, I would be all over Randi. But that's probably just my ego talking, and if I could demonstrate telekinesis, that leads me to wonder.. would I still have the ego talking to want to challenge Randi's challenge? Or would I be humble and try to teach people what I have learned. A million dollars means nothing unless you live by standards of society. It's a fucken catch-22 anyway you look at it.

and who's to say Randi is the most trustworthy guy in the first place. I've never met him, what if I sufficiently demonstrated telekinesis, and they deny it and try to discredit me... which they could very easily do. What a great challenge. So non-biased, so universal..so objective... right???

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Shroomism]
    #3352272 - 11/12/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm... a few things come to mind. First, Randi doesn't have to be honest, because the effects are judged by a third party, and the funds are also not held by Randi himself. Second, even if you don't care about the money, wouldn't you care about demonstrating once and for all its existence, thereby shutting up all the skeptics? Also, if something cannot be demonstrated under *any* laboratory setting with proper protocols, how can we be sure we're not kidding ourselves? And it's true that many people who believe need no proof--just look at the loads of religious fundies out there...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3354357 - 11/13/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
All things are vibrant with such exquisit energy and the vibrance of a conscious mind, whether it be man or animal is great in vibrance, indeed.

Whatever the force that exsists within us is shared by everything outside of us. 

While I wouldn't have expressed it exactly as you chose to, I generally would find this to be true. Everything consists of vibrating energy at different frequencies and levels...

Quote:

People can learn to use this.

How can people learn to use this? In what ways can people learn to use this? Knowing that everything is energy does not equate into the ability for us to manipulate energy at will, to whatever end we choose.

Quote:

I am coming upon a revolation to myself that the mind can be completely polluted by the dirt of the world.  My mind is certainly polluted, as I am an unhappy soul.  I am truly alone in my grief.  What makes me sad is more rooted in my behaviour and some of the things which I am involved with.  For me to grow spiritually, I must first tidy up my mental living space a bit.

Jeg se. :grin:

Quote:

Honestly, I believe the mind is capable of anything.  Jesus could stop storms, I believe he did this.

Why do you believe Jesus did this? How can you feel you know that a person you never met performed a supernatural act without any evidence or witness to it actually happening? The mind certainly is capable of deluding itself, isn't it?  :smirk: I do not see how believing the mind is capable of anything is actually allowing the mind to be capable of anything.

Quote:

I am saying that it is HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING.

Then why isn't everyone doing everything they wish to do? Why are there still natural boundaries that prevent us from forcing other people to walk into walls by our thoughts alone? Why can we not travel time? Why has it never been demonstrated that the mind can manipulate external events through thought alone? Why does the ego delude itself to the point of thinking it has omnipotence?

You glorify the mind and speak of its power, but yet you also attest to your state of sadness, grief, and unhappiness. Hhm.... it sounds like the mind is fucking you over. :grin:

Quote:

I must warn people though, that the path to enlightenment may drive you very insane.

Then it isn't the "path to enlightenment", which, truthfully, leads to sanity. The path to enlightenment does not consist of making baseless assumptions, allowing the ego to soar, and continuing identification and extension of the mind. One's mind is an unconscious complex with a specific purpose, to be used when necessary, to process incoming signals - not a sense of identity, not the ultimate reality lens, not your essence, and certainly not some all-powerful God. Furthering delusion and creating unnecessary defintions of reality not backed by any sort of personal or objective experience and validation definitely will lead to insanity, which you yourself testified to.

The fact is, it is probable that these experiences you describe, altering physical reality, magnificent powers of the mind, etc., are appearing as a direct result of your altered perception, especially considering the fact that you believe using mushrooms brings about these powers. Let me assure you of something now: the walls are not actually moving, your perception of the walls is tweaked. :grin:

You admitted to having a few personal problems, I think you might be trying to escape from these by forming beliefs that can't actually be justified. Perhaps you will consider healing yourself and putting emphasis on your presence, on your being, which is a result of your pure awareness, your consciousness, before it is focused into the mind. Your mind is cancerous, my friend, it must be transcended.  :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #3354569 - 11/13/04 03:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Still going strong Magnum. :grin: Thought I would add a bit of my own stuff...

On Advanced Mental Capability and Strange Occurrences while Tripping (LSD/Psilocybin):

I have experienced a bright white orb that flashed into and faded out of "reality."  Yes I was on LSD, but let me assure you I have still never hallucinated anything like that to this day. And I have tripped a lot more/harder since.  It also brought with it great feeling and presence. I was awestruck and under love(feeling extremely content) during its brief presence(dunno how long...prolly only a minute...but it felt like ages).

If it was a hallucination(could have been, but doubt it)...it was by far the most intriguing I've ever had in my life...

Secondly- I had an experience with two friends when we all took mushrooms. It started off normal, but about 1/2-way into the trip my friend started telling some completely made up story and me and my other friend listened intently. Before long we had all concocted this elaborate story...but the weird thing was...we all knew the story and we were filling in parts/sentences for others as they left them unfilled. I completed many sentences for my friend that night...everytime he freaked out on me. "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT???"  Soon all three of us we're doing it non-stop. It was almost as if the words stopped and I think they did at times. This was years ago but I'm pretty sure it went like this...

We broke the language barrier and were all connected to the same thought/consciousness.

We laughed, cried...hugged and grabbed each others facing screaming...it was amazing.  After a while we figured it out..."Telepathy is real..we are communicating here." After concluding all of this, we spent the rest of the trip "talking" about telepathy and what this meant to us now. We were all awestruck...it was so unbelievable to start...but then it all made sense. Forced to understand that telepathy is a real thing. It changed our lives forever.  :grin:

Just relating some stories to ones I read in this thread...

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Teragon]
    #3354572 - 11/13/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So, in context, is there a way telepathy could help me score with chicks?  :what:

--------------------

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3354612 - 11/13/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Someone prove it. For I, think it is unreal. For I think everything is generated by chance.

It can and will happen kind of thing.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Tag_Number]
    #3354621 - 11/13/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Heh. You're coming off as kind of a poor man's Swami.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3354932 - 11/13/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the space of accidentality.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #3356272 - 11/13/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

note to any young poeple interested in this stuff. telekinesis can kill you i've been told. telepahty is not a toy, about 2 months ago during an attempt at telepathic interface i had a severe panic attack (differnt from anxiety, and by severe i mean almost psychedelic in severity) when i tried to come back out of it. since then i've had a loss of ability to focus (focusing on anything too hard makes me feel like i'm about to have a panic attack). there is a reason we have blocks up to other poeple, and there is a reason why poeple don't just go around moving shit subconsciously. especially don't play around with advanced stuff until you're positive you have the basics down. especially stay away from mirror constructs and other poeple's internal shielding ( :] duh, but some poeple have as poor good judgement as i do)

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3356288 - 11/13/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You got to be kidding. That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. I have NEVER seen an instance of telekinesis let alone hearing that someone could die from it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate