Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFfF
Stranger
pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please
    #3350325 - 11/12/04 05:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So, this is my first growing. i have 7 cakes i this fruiting chamber. i fan 4-5 times per day and i mist 1 time the walls and throw some droplets of water on the vermiculite layer on the top of each cake. the cakes are sitting on wet vermiculite layer which is on tin foil. a week have passed since i birthed them. how they look to you? maybe little slow growth? the temps are around 60F. a little cold there.see any sign of contamination? when will i approximately see pins with this growth rate?
post any comments, ideas please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please [Re: FfF]
    #3350331 - 11/12/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

They look nice man, can't see any visible contams. 60 does seem like a rather low temperature so it will probably take longer to fruit, but patience is a key in mycology (i'm no expert or anything).

Edit: Sorry if i spread any misinformation with that post, i thought i was informed well enough to reply, but guess not. The vermiculite laying around is pretty messy, but i don't see why that would attract contams? Care to educate me? Will the cakes start pinning at 60 degrees?

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3350334 - 11/12/04 06:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

its too cold, and that looks really messy. you need to clean up all that verm thats just laying around in your box. contams are gonna love that if you dont.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineFfF
Stranger
Re: pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3350345 - 11/12/04 06:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

psycoslut i will clean this verm from the perlite, but as you see i have both a bottom and a top layer of wet verm at each cake. also i use 10:1 water:H2O2 solution to mist. see a possible contam from these? do they differ from the verm that is on the perlite?
thank you for your post

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3350352 - 11/12/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You need to clean that verm up.  A little here and there is okay, but a lot of loose verm like that on perlite isn't a very good idea, not to mention counterproductive to keeping things clean.  You don't have to clean now, but try to do it between the flushes. :wink:

Temp is low.. your mushrooms are gonna grow small and slow.  Unless of course, you bring the temp up about 12-16F.  Pinning should be about 1-3 weeks for ya.

Good luck

Sam

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #3350355 - 11/12/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hello my friend!! i am glad that you made it:-))) you are a stage behind the shrooms!!! you should definitely take another rubermaid container of the same size and put water and a heater in there and set the temp to 25C.
or else you will have problems like toooo slow growth.

good luck!!

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3350358 - 11/12/04 06:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My fruiting chamber isn't heated and my house remains around 65 to 70 now that it's winter and mine fruit just fine, I don't see 5 degrees stopping them from fruiting (60 degrees).

It will just take longer and also you may not get the highest yield possible, but IMO you will still get mushrooms, but listen to Psycho about the verm in the perlite.. that's not good at all. Maybe try using larger pieces of foil, or something else to sit them on.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please [Re: Silven]
    #3350362 - 11/12/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I did say slow and small, right?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineFfF
Stranger
Re: pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3350372 - 11/12/04 06:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hello my friend hamurabi. ok so i clean the verm and set the heat at 25C. i thought that 20-21C are needed at this phase, am i wrong? 20-21C or 25C?
as i understood sam the low heat make the shrooms smaller? i thought that it only slows down the whole procedure...

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3350376 - 11/12/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Wow. I think that's the first time I've been doubted in weeks. :wink:

i'll let others answer that for ya, since I'm so unconvincing. :frown:

Sam

--------------------

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: pics from 1st grow fruiting.comments please [Re: Sam1912]
    #3350404 - 11/12/04 06:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Aww, i've already seen you help so many people Sam, including me. You're a commendable member of the board for sure, keep on keepin on! Convince him further.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder