Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: NuperSova]
    #3347783 - 11/11/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NuperSova said:
Potentially harmful in whose opinion though? Say I know just as much as the pharmacist does, well read, knowledgeble, well-rounded, hell, went to med school too, and I wanted birth-control pills? And I asked for them and a pharmacist told me "No" because it was harmful to my potential children, and I said that I didn't think it was? Then what?

But besides that d33p, you're argument really doesn't work because they're refusing medications on the basis of moral beliefs and opinions. You say a child is formed at this particular time, I might say it's not.

So because a few people may actually be informed they should take away the right of pharmacists to prevent people from taking harmful medication? Also i think one should make a clear distinction between birth control pills and the morning after pill. As i said in my post not giving out the birth control pill is groundless and ludacris however the morning after pill can fall under the protection of the law but it is iffy as i was saying.

Also if you had read the debate in the pub thread you would know i am against pharmacists stating moral beliefs as a reason to not give out meds. If they honestly believe life begins when the sperm enters the egg and that the morning after pill would be killing human life i could accept that especially because it is a private company.

Also i would like to see the specific law as I'm wondering what the wording of the law is. If it actually says moral beliefs and conscience then i think that wording is bad. Maybe since the law just facilitates what is happen the article took the liberty to say that the law allows pharmacists to refuse based on conscience and moral beliefs.

And i am not supporting this and i do not know when life is formed. I merely playing devil's advocate and I'm standing up for the law which gives pharmacists the right to refuse to fill scripts if it may be potentially harmful.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3347806 - 11/11/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Quote:

NuperSova said:
Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Just scanned (operative word) through this and I can't seem to figure out what is so abhorrent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a PRIVATE business conducting its affairs in whichever way it chooses; you don't have a RIGHT to be sold birth control pills from pharmacies. What are these people doing that is actually wrong?

Well, legally they aren't wrong, since they are covered by the law. But if they had qualms about dispensing certain drugs, then perhaps they should have shared this with their employers during the interviewing process, because their beliefs would interview with their ability to serve the customers and do their job. And it is their job to dispense medication as prescribed doctors, and paid for by the customer.

Chryss

The final decision should obviously rest with the owner of the establishment. My point was simply that your rights are not being violated and no laws (to my knowledge) are being broken if the owner of a pharmacy on whatever grounds, moral or otherwise, decides not to sell you a product.

We're not talking about some product that they can go to any grocery store to buy. We're talking about a controlled substance requiring a prescription. Now, IMO there should be no controlled substances, but as long as there are, people need a place to fill their prescription.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: silversoul7]
    #3347888 - 11/11/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good point. Their liscenses are a responsability and removes , in my opinion, their right to decide who gets what.

They should have their liscenses revoked.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3347911 - 11/11/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i agree. given the current state of affairs that we have these licenses, this right comes with a resposibility and she violated that responsibility.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3348064 - 11/11/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would be interested in finding out if that was really a pharmacist or not. I know for a fact that CVS and Walgreens only use pharmacy technicians to dispense medicine with a pharmacist as a supervisor who is usually not there. Supervision is usually done by senior pharmacy tech.

I have a pharm tech certification (though i dont use it). I actually got it just for fun because its only a 4-hour test and $100. A pharmD goes through a rigorous 5-year full college and post-college program and I cannot believe that they would refuse a prescription by that reasoning. It goes against thier entire education. I bet it was a peon pharm-tech and everyone just made a big deal out of it.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3348257 - 11/11/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Pharmacists are getting paid 20$ an hour to not prescribe pills because of morals.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3348298 - 11/11/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Try $9.00 an hour to dispense possibly life threatening drugs to you. :wink:

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: Catalysis]
    #3348684 - 11/11/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ugh most pharmacists have a starting salary of at least 60k. Now technicians are another story.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: Seuss]
    #3348696 - 11/11/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So they should be FORCED to do this, right? what if a pharmacy refused to carry birth control, a privately owned pharmacy? should they be made to do so?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: retread]
    #3348851 - 11/11/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nobody's forcing them to be pharmacists.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Druggists refuse to give out pill [Re: d33p]
    #3350308 - 11/12/04 05:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

So Seuss especially you fail to realize that it is the duty of the pharmacist to protect the customer from taking potentially harmful medications.

Incorrect. There is a large difference between protecting the health of a customer by recognizing that two medications do mix without complications and pretending to be a doctor and deciding what medications a patient should take.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #3350315 - 11/12/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What if a pharmacy refused to carry birth control, a privately owned pharmacy? should they be made to do so?

Absolutely not. There are plenty of pharmacies that refuse to carry oxycontin or other popular narcotics. I have no issue with them not carrying a drug. What I do have a problem with is them deciding that some people can get a drug and others can not based on some moral obligation that they have created for themselves.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3352120 - 11/12/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

So Seuss especially you fail to realize that it is the duty of the pharmacist to protect the customer from taking potentially harmful medications.

Incorrect. There is a large difference between protecting the health of a customer by recognizing that two medications do mix without complications and pretending to be a doctor and deciding what medications a patient should take.

Suess carefully read what I said. How does what i said have anything to do with diagnosing and prescribing a patient medication? And pharmacists are more qualified to perscribe medication regardless.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#3352588 - 11/12/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
So they should be FORCED to do this, right? what if a pharmacy refused to carry birth control, a privately owned pharmacy? should they be made to do so?

Yea but this is eckerds. Pharmacists are getting paid to prescribe these medications. If i went to my pharmacist and he wouldnt prescribe me Geodon. I would be fucked. Well you see what im trying to get at.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3353583 - 11/12/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Yea but this is eckerds. Pharmacists are getting paid to prescribe these medications. If i went to my pharmacist and he wouldnt prescribe me Geodon. I would be fucked. Well you see what im trying to get at.

Doctors prescribe, pharmacists work at private companies. If the offical company policy is to not carry drug X, that is their choice. If enough people get pissed off at that and refuse to shop there, they'll be run out of business. People that you disagree with being "hurt" by popular action rather than government intervention. Welcome to Libertarianism.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#3353671 - 11/12/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I worked at Eckerds and i knew all the pharmacy people and im pretty sure its not company policy to not prescribe the birth control because the person thinks its a violation of their morals.

If this was Mr. Joes pharmacy on Main st. Than it would be more logical but this is a publicly traded company on the stock market.

Its not within their rights to push their morals on said people. They get paid to do the job.

Edited by The_Red_Crayon (11/12/04 09:45 PM)

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3353703 - 11/12/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
I worked at Eckerds and i knew all the pharmacy people and im pretty sure its not company policy to not prescribe the birth control because the person thinks its a violation of their morals.

If this was Mr. Joes pharmacy on Main st. Than it would be more logical but this is a publicly traded company on the stock market.

Its not within their rights to push their morals on said people. They get paid to do the job.

If you PRESCRIBED things at Eckards, I wouldn't admit to that serious felony on a message board.

If it's not their "right" to say "No, my company won't sell X", are you sayuing you think it's the gov'ts rights to make people go against their morals?

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #3363149 - 11/15/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

> And pharmacists are more qualified to perscribe medication regardless.

I think this must be where we disagree. A pharmacist knows drugs, knows what drugs do not mix, and knows what drugs help fix what problem. A pharmacist is not qualified to diagnose what problem a patient has. When a medication is prescribed to a patient, it is done so based on a diagnoses of a problem, which is the doctors realm, not the pharmacists.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3364974 - 11/15/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> And pharmacists are more qualified to perscribe medication regardless.

I think this must be where we disagree. A pharmacist knows drugs, knows what drugs do not mix, and knows what drugs help fix what problem. A pharmacist is not qualified to diagnose what problem a patient has. When a medication is prescribed to a patient, it is done so based on a diagnoses of a problem, which is the doctors realm, not the pharmacists.

Well i never stated pharmacists are more qualified to diagnose a problem, but they sure are more qualified to prescribe a medication.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3365245 - 11/15/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Well i never stated pharmacists are more qualified to diagnose a problem, but they sure are more qualified to prescribe a medication.

I would whole heartedly agree with that. PharmDs take a grueling 5-year post highschool education with intensive studies in pharmacology and they know much more than a doctor about medications. Like I said before, i would be extremely surprised if this was a pharmacist because pharmacists do not usually dispense drugs at your ordinary pharmacy.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates