Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Just pic of 1 of my PMP
    #3349755 - 11/12/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's late and I just wanted to share.

This picture is my PMP still in pinning cycle. Not very happy with pinset, yet. I'm gonna pin for 1 more day on this batch. These are all BU(burma), BTW.

The stuff on the bottom is somewhat unknown here. It's like puffed up cement. $2 for a large bag. Very light, too, but not anything like perlite and keep down very easy. RH at 99% when I check yesterday.

I think these cakes will probably yield less, but not sure... There is a lot of pin forming everytime I check.

Anyways... pic

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: Just pic of 1 of my PMP [Re: Sam1912]
    #3349782 - 11/12/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

not happy w/the pinset? looks pretty damn good to me

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

InvisibleSubGen1us

#3349803 - 11/12/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How long u plan on working with cakes?
i would have thought ud be going bulk by now.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Just pic of 1 of my PMP [Re: disturbed]
    #3349807 - 11/12/04 12:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They need to give me at least 15 more on top middle and bottom left(this one has a lot of babies you can't see in pic),and rest need to fork out about 20 or more on each. Then I'll be happy.

For those wanting to know my secret, notice that I have very moist verm on the bottom and top. They are kept hydrated every few hours(if I can) or more often with a syringe and H2O/H2O2 mixture. The standing water is then drained out from the bottom to maintain bottom fully saturated without standing water.

Amount of water they soak up depends on how much mushrooms grew. My cakes don't shrivel and my casing don't pull(at least not noticeably). Water delivery is very important for mushrooms. Anyone see any aborts? I normally don't get any on cakes.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
    #3349822 - 11/12/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

MMMMMMMM, cakes...
Ive been on this site for over 10 hours now reading, only left my room to eatm i have learned alot thanx for all ur help, i have asked some pretty dumb questions, as a newbie at anything u dont think for urself n feeel overwhelmed, thanx again for ur help and the whole site

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3349824 - 11/12/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I thought about bulk a bit...  I started whit cakes about a week after I registered here.  :wink:

Pssst....  I'm working on few ideas that'll change the cake grow altogether.  That is if I am right about few things. :wink:

After I'm happy with improvements on growing cakes, I'll start messing around with casing ideas...  I have a neat freak wife who won't let me go near poo...  So, it might be awhile before I get to it. 

For now, plenty of things to mess with in cake world. And besides, I've got way too much dried mushrooms, already.  I think I have enough to get a small town tripping hard.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
    #3349840 - 11/12/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so you guys would mess aroudn with casing for my first time, also read about "see of shrooms" where u cut the cake inhalf to get a bigger yield??

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Just pic of 1 of my PMP [Re: Machmood]
    #3349856 - 11/12/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes you can. But it'll depend on your comfort level. Right now, you are still suffering from tunnel vision on fruits. What you want to do changes sometimes as you get closer to birth. You can do some cake and some casing. I think if you do cakes and casings, cakes tend to get a lot less attention and you end up not liking it.

I started with cakes and did well and look where I am. I love cakes. But all that is just my opinion. People seem to do better with casings in general, eventhough there are people like Kramer and me that get most out of our cakes and about break even against when compared to casings.

It's upto you, but keep an open mind. Do what you feel comfortable with. Making PF jar is lengthier, but birthing process is simpler for cakes than casings.

Good luck!

Sam

--------------------

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3349873 - 11/12/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nice pics, bro. And thanks for sharing that hydration tip  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
    #3349880 - 11/12/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

good insight, for my first harvest ill do 4 jars of cakes and 4 jars of casing, see which one yields better, no better way to see which i prefer then try them both. ALso i heard in recent posts that its better to do less cakes in a casing for a bigger yield, rather then do 1 casing with 4 jars should i try 2 casing with 2 jars, or wont notice a difference?? cant wait to start building my PMP tom, ull prob see me posting alot of questions during construction

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3349883 - 11/12/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

why do you drain the water?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Just pic of 1 of my PMP [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3349950 - 11/12/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Standing water can be an open invitation for contam.

Sam

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3349963 - 11/12/04 01:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh, most pics i see of a pmp, there is standing water with bubbles in it, so you still use the air stones, but no water? dont you put peroxide in it to stop contams?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3349965 - 11/12/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you put the layer of verm on the bottom.. my cakes chill on the hydroton which allows them to suck up water (or so says the origanal PMP thread) with that in mind, would you still recomend a top layer of verm? or do you think the top layer would help my cakes.. its my first grow so perhaps try the top layer on a half and not on the other... and pyschoslut.. he was saying drain the water from the lids..

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Just pic of 1 of my PMP [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3349970 - 11/12/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3349987 - 11/12/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The verm layer under the cake is a lot more susceptable to contam because of interactions with cake and its content... which are nutes. It's very possible standing water under the cake will absorb some nute and become a haven for contam. That's why I drain the water out each time.

Sam

--------------------

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3350297 - 11/12/04 05:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Damn, no aborts on cakes? So is the secret really just the moisture?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Just pic of 1 of my PMP [Re: discman1]
    #3350306 - 11/12/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

not just moisture, but that's usually the limitting factor. Other factors are pretty much taken care of by using PMP.

Sam

--------------------

Invisibleblackcat
Stranger

#3350554 - 11/12/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

trade me a print :laugh:

--------------------
Tripppppping

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract