Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3353536 - 11/12/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Americans = Stupid gun nuts.

Funny that you say that, but "your people" can't seem to have a funeral without shooting off AK-47s in the air.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: silversoul7]
    #3353541 - 11/12/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps what he meant was that if a cop was violating his Constitutional rights he should have the ability and arms to ensure that he could protect his liberties and defend himself from tyranny.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: Tao]
    #3353562 - 11/12/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:

anyway my main beef is ensuring registration, background checks and closing the gun show loophole. feel free to defend the gun lobbyers' stance on these issues.

All pistols sold in the US have their serial number submitted with the form and a sale without this is illegal. Background checks I have no problem with and they only take about 20 minutes in my state. I do believe that a person should be able to get their concealed carry permit and have an expedited system for purchasing firearms. "Gun show loophole" being closed? OK, the ATF would do background checks instead of the state police, thus a FFL From Arizona could be in Pennsylvania and still call in for a background check. Pretty simple.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: Xlea321]
    #3353567 - 11/12/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Wierd how mush can dismiss articles that don't agree with his point of view in under an hour yet post garbage like Lott over and over again.

Very wierd.

Weird how one day people could never use firearms against an occupying force, then another day they can be using them to repel US invaders and doing well at it.

Very weird.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: retread]
    #3354508 - 11/13/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wierd how you don't understand they arn't buying their weapons and explosives from the local "Clems Gun Shop" so the legal availability of guns clearly makes absolutely no difference to fighting tyranny.

Very weird.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3354736 - 11/13/04 05:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think mandatory safety training, and a license is needed. You should have to pass a test to own a gun. Hell, I would even support a test that tells people if you are sane enough to own a gun. I still disagree with guns, but I think every person should reserve the right to own one. I just think we should weed out the unstable people.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3354788 - 11/13/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Americans = Stupid gun nuts.

Funny that you say that, but "your people" can't seem to have a funeral without shooting off AK-47s in the air.

My people actually live under oppression, unlike yours.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3354807 - 11/13/04 06:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

can i just point out the obvious in that just about everyone doesn't take a completely literal reading of the 2nd amendment? rarely does one support fully automatic weapons, yet its not hard to construe those as 'arms'. few would support selling guns to mentally ill people or children, yet the 2nd amendment mentions no exceptions. i think it can be argued that licensing is a moderate 'infringement' on the right to bear arms. my point being is that its just a question of where you draw the line, how much interpretation you put into the reading of the amenmendment.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3354896 - 11/13/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Your people?

:rotfl:

And being "oppressed" makes the careless and foolish use of guns OK?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :penis: :penis:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: Xlea321]
    #3355067 - 11/13/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Wierd how you don't understand they arn't buying their weapons and explosives from the local "Clems Gun Shop" so the legal availability of guns clearly makes absolutely no difference to fighting tyranny.

Very weird.

Legal or Illegal, firearms are being used to hold off an "occupying" army, and according to your single source for all news (the guardian), they are doing a great job. The guns don't say "Oh, I'm Illegal, I can't fire as effectively". The issue in our sub-discussion isn't legality, it's efficacy of the firearms and tactics.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3355071 - 11/13/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I support full automatic weapons. Why does it matter if you have to pull the trigger once to shoot 30 rounds, or 30 times? You can do it in about the same time. Or use ahellfire system.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: silversoul7]
    #3355080 - 11/13/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I want something that will take down a cop.

a flame thrower will do nicely

It's bacon time!

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3355111 - 11/13/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:

so if you are oppressed and you shoot off your AK-47, that you carry with you everywhere, at a wedding/funeral/gathering, you aren't a "gun nut"? I'm not d iscussing the morality or the validity of their actions, it's just that I'd think people who shoot their guns in the air when their leader blows wind would qualify more as "gun nuts " than a hunter.

Aren't "your people" other White canadians, btw?

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3355133 - 11/13/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

do we not shoot guns at soldier funerals?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3355152 - 11/13/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, am ilitary color guard does. They aren't loaded, first of all, and it's done in a more formal manner. Not that it's any real difference, but I think that a Marine Color Guard doing a 21 gun salute at a military mans funeral is a bit less "gun nutty" than some ragheads popping off their AK-47's at every gathering known to man.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3355573 - 11/13/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
do we not shoot guns at soldier funerals?

Blanks.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3355760 - 11/13/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

whatever helps you rationalize why your culture is better.

by the way, how many muslim gathering have you attended?

--------------------

OfflineSpongerock
Stranger
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: phi1618]
    #3355876 - 11/13/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

all of the above

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3356714 - 11/13/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:

so if you are oppressed and you shoot off your AK-47, that you carry with you everywhere, at a wedding/funeral/gathering, you aren't a "gun nut"? I'm not d iscussing the morality or the validity of their actions, it's just that I'd think people who shoot their guns in the air when their leader blows wind would qualify more as "gun nuts " than a hunter.

Aren't "your people" other White canadians, btw?

The people firing guns into the air yesterday were Palestinian police trying to deal with all the people who stormed the security compound.

And I do not identify with any race. White people are not my people, and Brown people are not my people. My people are those who believe in Allah and His Apostle.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Right to bear arms [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3356840 - 11/13/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
I think mandatory safety training, and a license is needed. You should have to pass a test to own a gun. Hell, I would even support a test that tells people if you are sane enough to own a gun. I still disagree with guns, but I think every person should reserve the right to own one. I just think we should weed out the unstable people.

I would just like to point out that if you have to ask permission it is no longer a right.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds