Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election?
    #3347926 - 11/11/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have been thinking a lot about this today. If you look at the electoral results, the first thing that stands out is that the financial capital of the world (NY) is overwhelmingly democratic, as is California which is very wealthy and has one of the highest capital business economies in the US (silicon valley, biotech research). Also you have Chicago (my home town) which is probably one of the wealthiest cities in the midwest and one of the only that votes democratic. Meanwhile you have the rural states which include farmers and the poor working class voting republican. Why do you think that is when the democratic party portrays itself as against the rich and for the poor?

Ill give one of the ideas that I had...Basically, any business would gladly revert to the pre-bush tax rates if the responsibility of paying for employee healthcare was taken from them and put on the government. Also, you have a tax system which does not discriminate between someone who worked hard for 50 years to get a few grand of investment capital and a wealthy business owner. That person that worked hard doesnt want to give his money to those who dont work while the wealthy business owners dont mind as long as they can take advantage of the tax loop-holes that the democrates left open during thier 8 years of power and promise to not close anytime soon. Thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3347988 - 11/11/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

rich people are smart, smart people aren't stupid.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: afoaf]
    #3348003 - 11/11/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

By that logic Bush must be a genius.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: d33p]
    #3348032 - 11/11/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I forgot my texas caveat...

:smirk:

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3348087 - 11/11/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

LOL, is there anyone who would like to make a valid point? If not, im sorry i wasted forum space. It just seemed interesting to me, but im a dumbass so im interested in stupid shit like that. :p

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3348244 - 11/11/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's not a waste of forum space. I think the answer can be found in the disparity issue, in NY anyway. California is a different case which I can't speak to, Most of the state seems red but enough is blue. I think the middle class in NYC is exposed to too many bratty assholes who didn't earn their own money and get somewhat disheartened. The people in the red states see that you actually can earn wealth, although they know you probably won't. Still, they'd like a chance

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3348435 - 11/11/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Also, large cities = large number of non-whites and we know that they vote for the "Gimme da handout" canditate.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: retread]
    #3348474 - 11/11/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

One thing I'm beginning to hate about the Democratic party is they want to make themselves the only political party in the USA like the way communist parties work in communist countries. They bash everyone who isn't a member of the Democratic party. They are continually making up lies and conspiracy theories just like the propaganda that the Nazis, communists and Islamic terrorists do. I never joined any political party and I'm not ever joining the Democratic party. Maybe I'll join the Republican party some day.

Edited by Great_Satan (11/11/04 07:20 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3348548 - 11/11/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

one thing im beginning to hate about the repooplickin party is they want to make themselves the only political party in the USA like the way communist parties work in communist countries...they bash everyone who isnt a member of the repooplickin party...they are continually making up lies and conspiracy theories just like the propaganda that the nazis.. communists and islamic terrorists do...and then they project it on everyone else...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#3348706 - 11/11/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I find it most interesting that the states that contain the most
likely targets for terrorists (a la 9/11) voted Kerry.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3348837 - 11/11/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I feel sorry for Americans... the vast majority of its citizens are are dumb.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3348863 - 11/11/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I feel sorry for Muslims, the vast majority of the followers are dumb.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3348871 - 11/11/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How do you know, we don't have elections to determine this.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3348889 - 11/11/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3348914 - 11/11/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Man you're dense. Until then Americans = Vastly dumb.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #3349009 - 11/11/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the red (counties states) is were all the food is grown for the blue, they generate power for the blue , equipment is manufactured and assembled in the red for the blue, military bases are in the red, tanks and bullets are made in the red. THE RED STATES SUBSIDIZE THE BLUE STATES LIFESTYLE.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3349088 - 11/11/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the red states and blue states are simply in different economic stages. Democrats fuck red states over. Republicans fuck blue states over.

you in particular seem angry at this. The red and blue would be the same if not for the civil war which absolutely decimated the south and practically sent them back to the stone age.

Economically, capitalism eventually results in communism. The blue has gotten there, the red is still growing

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: vampirism]
    #3349112 - 11/11/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

?

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3349164 - 11/11/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
the red (counties states) is were all the food is grown for the blue, they generate power for the blue , equipment is manufactured and assembled in the red for the blue, military bases are in the red, tanks and bullets are made in the red. THE RED STATES SUBSIDIZE THE BLUE STATES LIFESTYLE.

Even if this was true, so what?

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Why do you think the most wealthy states and cities voted democratic in the recent election? [Re: vampirism]
    #3349181 - 11/11/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Why would capitalism result in communism? Free trade should not logically turn into government-controlled trade unless it is the will of the people to make it more goverment-controlled, which does seem to happen. Though that is not capitalism resulting in communism, more like democracy results in more control by the government, as people grow fearful with more technology and the government pounces on and consumes this and grows stronger

The government feeds on our fears, growing from liberty to control, free trade to government controlled-trade, a republican to a dictatorship. It's all a matter of time unless the people themselves change

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds