Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGulf_Shroomer
Tastes LikeChicken

B- On cow manuer? NEED HELP!
    #334826 - 06/05/01 12:57 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

hello, i have been out to the pastures with one of my friends and found some mushies. i have never hunted in this perticular area, so this rises a few questions.... we both found some VERY small mushies, none like i have ever seen before. they kinda look like cubies, they are white with a goldish spot on the tip of the cap. the gills are brown, and when they mature and tries to flatten, the whole cap splits into many peices, (sort of looks like a very small flower)

also, i found some more mushies growing from the same pattie... they looked almost the same, but they werent whiteish on the sides of the cap, it is a greyish cap, turning a dark yellow/orange/gold towards the center.

Im stumped! Please help me ID these fungi!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon All Ye Hope... For Hell Is An Obstruction Of all Reason...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: B- On cow manuer? NEED HELP! [Re: Gulf_Shroomer]
    #334872 - 06/05/01 02:40 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Post a picture. Did they bruise blue? I can't beleive how many people leave out that crucial bit of information when wanting an ID.

I'd say they might be Copelandia cyanescens, also know as blue meanies, but I wouldn't dare say for sure without seeing a photograph.

Addition: On second thoughts, maybe not. Splitting apart like a flower sounds pretty weird. The first time I read your post I misread that bit as to be the typical cracks that Copelandia cyanescens caps show with age. Make sure you let us know what is if you find out. A photo would be really handy.

Drinking affords an excuse to pursue the one
activity that truly gives me pleasure:
hooking up with fat, easy girls

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo on 06/05/01 06:13 AM.

OfflineGulf_Shroomer
Tastes LikeChicken

Re: B- On cow manuer? NEED HELP! [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #334972 - 06/05/01 07:11 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

God! i wish i had a digi-cam... i *attempted* to see if it would bruise, but found out that it didnt. it has no veil that can be seen, they are EXTREAMLY fast growers.

yes, the cap splits appart into numerous tiny sections, looking simmilar to a flower.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon All Ye Hope... For Hell Is An Obstruction Of all Reason...

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: B- On cow manuer? NEED HELP! [Re: Gulf_Shroomer]
    #334992 - 06/05/01 07:49 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It's most probably not Copelandia cyanescens then.  Bad-luck, they are one potent little mushroom. :wink:

Give me a woman that loves beer and I could conquer the world

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies