Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL
    #3348173 - 11/11/04 08:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I know this subject has been brought up before but I thought it would get more attention in the pub then at the shroomery Polls. I know this survey will probably be inaccurate but I?m gonna give it a shot anyways. I am guessing 7:1 which is probably more than you?d think: I believe that unless somebody specifies, implies or hints they are a girl when posting, it is assumed they are a guy (if you perchance raise the question).

I want to point out that the reasoning behind the larger male membership is NOT because males are more interested in psychedelics. All my female friends-gf?s have experimented with mind altering substances just as much (if not more) as my guy friends. On that note, I believe guys have more of an intuition to explore the psychedelic culture, physiology and information beyond just experimenting with them. However, the actual cultivation of mushrooms is definitely more of pursuit to a male than a female. (IM sure the ratio in the cultivator room is more like 50:1) Even though girls are computer literate, I notice they still barely skim the potential of computer use and are unacquainted with its parameters. Yea sure, they?ll sign online, chat with some friends, check her e-mail, buy some clothes at a .com, write up her homework on a word document?simple stuff like that. But I don?t see many girls chatting on an given forum, painting a graphic in Photoshop or using digital audio workstations. For example, even though the big universities are on average 63% woman, my audio engineer school has a ratio of 20 guys for every 1 girl (opposite stats for say a fashion school) . Engineering-Technical-electrical-mechanical-architectural and most of the computer sciences are all dominated by males. I guess, along with the precious factors, discovering the further elements of psychedelics just doesn?t appeal to girls.
The M/F Poll
You may choose only one
Guy
Girl
Share my accout with partner

Votes accepted from (11/11/04 08:10 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3348229 - 11/11/04 08:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Psilygirl had a good explanation for it: First of all, guys tend to be more likely to do psychedelics(or any drug, really). Second, guys are more likely to be computer geeks. Thus, a website dedicated to the male-dominated psychedelic culture on the male-dominated internet is likely to attract more males than females.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: silversoul7]
    #3348304 - 11/11/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i think a post like this will not attract female shroomerites, so you will not get an accurate response.

ploo

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: silversoul7]
    #3348325 - 11/11/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yea that second statement is what I was gettin at but where Im from, girls do drugs just as much as guys do. Guys usually provide them or have the connections to obtain them when someone asks but I find both genders are equally interested........

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3348340 - 11/11/04 08:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yea well no offense to be taken to the women of the shroomery as you are all highly intelligent and equal to any man here, but on average I have come to the conclusion that women just aren't motivated at all to follow interests other than what clothes they want to wear on friday to the football game.

Most of the girls I've met in my life lack any type of interest or goal. Most of the guys I know on the other hand are so infatuated by what interests them that they either turn it into a career and become masters of their trade or it becomes a very intense hobby, mushroom cultivation included.

I don't know what causes it, maybe it's just the girls in my area, but it's like all they want to do is talk about who did this and who fucked who last. I can't handle even talking to most of them because they strike me as so blinking stupid. At the first sight of a passion driven woman who knows what interests her in life and goes at it full force.. I would fall head over heels for her.

Even the girl I'm with now.. she has nothing that she does, no hobbies or anything. In fact most of the nights at home, if I get up to leave the room to go to the kitchen for a beer or whatever, she will get up and follow me. It gets on my nerves fast some nights, especially if I'm online reading shit and she just sits across the room staring at me rather than watching tv, picking up my guitar, reading a book, doing a puzzle, etc etc. Even when talking about work, it's all he said she said bullshit which I could give a rats ass about.

Maybe we really are two completely different creatures on this earth, and perhaps this is the reason it's a man's world. Not enough women are passionate about their interests in life and just let them fly by them, while men will sacrifice nearly anything in their life for one glimpse at their dreams. Maybe it should be pushed harder on women that they need to follow their dreams and not let them slide to a back burner for anyone.

I'm sorry for such intense slander, as I said it's not meant as offensive, just a very personal observation I thought might be important to share. I welcome all criticism.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #3348376 - 11/11/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I do a lot more with my computer then shop for clothes and check my email. Im a part of many forums and communities online. I have my own small business online where I make and sell purses, clothes etc..
Let see.... Im always in and out of Photoshop AND most importantly my computer is my tool for producing music.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Silven]
    #3348379 - 11/11/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thank you silven.... well put

while your post doesnt necessarily apply to all women, it applies to about 98% of the ones I've met.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Turd]
    #3348422 - 11/11/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

its too bad. i hope its different outsdie our 3 circles...ive met a few very facinating women, but in general i fidn the same....a lot more than 2% i find though. i also find guys to, well more motivated, lazy. its weird how that works, its liek we have selective energy.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #3348423 - 11/11/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Robotic Touch....the description I posted (and the ones other posted) does not apply to all woman and of course doesnt apply to any woman here at the shroomery. Since every indvidual is unique in there own sense, even writing a whole book wounldnt come close to describing your typical/average female if there was such a thing. I welcome and appreciate any contribution to to this forum and the digital age despite there gender.

Invisibleadrug

#3348447 - 11/11/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I guess I'm just a geeky girl. Oh well.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: adrug]
    #3348750 - 11/11/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

geeky crakced out girl...aint it great :wink:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisibleadrug

Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: kadakuda]
    #3348765 - 11/11/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It is, actually. :smile:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3348993 - 11/11/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Although the internet is still pretty much male dominated today, I think we'll see more and more women coming online as time goes by. I welcome this change.  :laugh:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Silven]
    #3349079 - 11/11/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm afraid even as a female that I agree with you, Silven.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
    #3349103 - 11/11/04 11:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Man Silven I cant wait to hang out with you. I feel like your my long lost twin or something, though I have no clue what ya look like. Im in the same hole and it sucks, sans girlfriend though. For exactly the same reason yours gets on your nerves.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3349108 - 11/11/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

we'll see more and more women comming online because it makes it easier to gossip.

Yes, women hang off the arms of their men.

Yes, single women huddle together in packs and giggle until a man notices them and they get to hang off his arm.

Yes, I am a misogynist.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3349177 - 11/11/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Although the internet is still pretty much male dominated today, I think we'll see more and more women coming online as time goes by. I welcome this change.  :laugh:

Indeed.  I'm hoping that in the next few years, the Shroomery has a much more balance guy-girl ratio.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3349341 - 11/12/04 12:22 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

why so we can be over-ran by "what kinda shoes should i buy today" threads.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Theory on why there are more BOYS than GIRLS @ shroomery w/ POLL [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3349362 - 11/12/04 12:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Somehow I doubt that the kind of chicks who would post on a drug message board would start threads like that. In fact, every Shroomerite chick I've ever met was cool as fuck.

--------------------

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3354319 - 11/13/04 02:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

see better than I thought...almost 6:1 (give or take a few of course)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub