Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
why does my hair not grow
    #3348089 - 11/11/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So I have super thin hair to begin with...like really damn thin it pisses me off

I've had long hair for about 9 years...however I've never been able to get it to grow just past my shoulders. I wash and condition it semi-regularly.. if I don't condition it seems really fucken dry, but then my hair naturally gets greasy as fuck in like two days.

So I've gotten maybe three haircuts (trims) in the past couple years. this chick said it probably wasn't growing because of split ends, so I get the split ends trimmed, and it just grows back down to the previous length. It wont get any longer... like what the fuck.. I could not get a haircut for ten years and it would still be the same length. I just want a full head of thick hair that goes down to my ass is that too much to ask?

Maybe I'll be bald by the time I'm 25... I want longer hair damnit...
and thicker too.. what can I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: Shroomism]
    #3348115 - 11/11/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Adamist and I have had this conversation before. He always commented about how my hair would grow extremely fast, and his would always be slackin behind.

Well we realized that we had noticed through zodiac-analysis, that maybe your sign has to do with how fast your hair grows. Maybe even how fast we cycle. All the Aries and Taurus kin we knoe tend to grow hair fast, as far as the Aquarians and Pisces...they are itchin for the next inch.

OR it could just be the gene pool buddy.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3348129 - 11/11/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

damned italians

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#3348169 - 11/11/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Damned good food. You gonna come eat Greek at my work and shit right?

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #3348188 - 11/11/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you might want to try "he shou wu" its a chinese herb.it stimulates your hair follicles  :thumbup:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: buckwheat]
    #3348195 - 11/11/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wow, he shou shoed wu.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: Todcasil]
    #3348215 - 11/11/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3348220 - 11/11/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah that's one thing we got going for us..

hell yeah I'll eat at your greek place..once I acquire some funds. heh

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#3348241 - 11/11/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I can prolly hook you up too. I get 50 percent off when I am not working.

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3348282 - 11/11/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Taurus here, and my hair grows slow as fuck. Course I never believed in any of that astrology junk to begin with.

My hair also stops growing at a certain point (right about the middle of my back). I've tried everything to get it longer. I'd love to get it to my ass, but alas, this is just not meant to be for me.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3348292 - 11/11/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

tthesummit:

why would you wanna hide that beautiful ass of yours..?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3349756 - 11/12/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

trim an inch regularly.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3349785 - 11/12/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I really don't think astrology has anything to do with it. We're all prisoners of our genes in many ways, though. Mine's the same way, if that makes you feel any better. :laugh:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3349818 - 11/12/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am too busy noticing my hair all over my body grows just too damn fast! it needs to slow the fuck down...

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3350082 - 11/12/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i have long hair. i've had cut once in the last 3 1/2 years from when I started growing it. Mine is past my nipples. I just use a lot of conditioner because my hair is thick and it knots easily and really badly. The longer your hair gets though, it seems to take longer to grow. I don't know. Also you lose hairs everyday so then they have to grow again from scratch so if you want your hair really long maybe you need to take better care of it? I don't know a lot about hair though, I just grow it.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3350131 - 11/12/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

your hair just reached it's maximal length. some people can grow very long hair, others don't.

or you reched that point up to where your hair grows longer and longer, stops for afew years and then gets shorter and retreats :shocked:

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: stefan]
    #3350378 - 11/12/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Malnutrition

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3350680 - 11/12/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm with you Shroomism, except your hair grows even longer than mine.

I have naturally curly hair when it gets longer than 4 or so inches, and I really want hair down to the middle of my back.. and wouldn't you know my hair has only gotten to the bottom of my neck (beginning of shirt line).

I haven't had my hair cut for 2 months, would getting it trimmed and removing split ends enhance the growth?

I want all tips on how to get it to grow that you have :wink:

Will shampoo/conditioner help it grow?  I rarely use conditioner and only wash my hair with shampoo probably once a week.  The rest of the time while I'm showering each day I wash it with just water because I've heard that shampoo too often can actually damage your hair.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: why does my hair not grow [Re: Silven]
    #3350699 - 11/12/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know anything about hair, that's why I asked...
I've been told that getting your hair trimmed, getting split ends trimmed will help your hair grow. but in my personal experience with my hair that just isn't the case.. it doesn't make any difference to my hair besides having less split ends.

my hair is very thin, and straight.. probably 3 inches below my neck. I have no tips for getting it to grow longer. I know nothing about shampoo or conditioner I just use it on my head whenever I shower...

I suppose malnutrition could have something to do with it.. but wouldn't my hair just stop growing completely.. like when I cut it..not get long again? and I would think that I would get sick, or some disease or something.. from lack of nutrients.

I'm just going to think that this is as long as my hair gets. which is annoying, because everyone thinks I look like jesus.. and the scary thing is.. I do when I'm all scruffy. I'd do dreads but my hair sucks.

--------------------

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3350727 - 11/12/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm under the impression that our hair is made up primarily of protein.. anyone know if that's true?

If so I might try some protein suppliments.

Dictionary.com says:

hair (h?r)
n.

Any of the cylindrical, keratinized, often pigmented filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal.

Perhaps keratine will help? I'm going to google hair growth and I'll get back with any info I find.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom