Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Harvesting all at one time? [Re: doc34]
    #3347363 - 11/11/04 05:11 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

I agree. There was a lot of people speculating that production of psilocybin stops when sporation begins, thus harvest right before sporation begins. But there's no research to prove all that.

Another speculation is that there is more psilocybin in infant mushrooms. I find this to be untrue IME. Aborts are something else all together. It's just my guess, but maybe increase comes from trying to fight back whatever is causing it to abort.

Once the sporation begins, you see the gills taking on dark color. Not the cap, the gills. Even if the speculation is right and psilocybin slows or stops at this point, potency wouldn't go down because mushroom doesn't add bulk after sporation begins.

So, this is all about speculations on speculations. No hard data or consistant reports.

FME, little ones are same as large ones. Because of benefits of harvesting the whole flush at once outweighs benefits of satisfying itchy fingers(proven benefits), I'll stick with allowing little ones to catch up a bit before harvesting the entire flush as one. Unless of course, your itchy fingers need some serious scratching.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale