Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Stabbing pain in my lungs.. Is cannabis really that bad for you?
    #3346391 - 11/11/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This morning i woke up at 5am with stabbing pains in my lungs,feels kinda like pins in my chest, pretty much unbearable. It passed after about 30Min's but then it came back again at 7am. I know what the problem is, i just don't know if my lungs are just sore or really fucked up, its because all this week i have been smoking cannabis alot more than usual, mainly just bongs. This pain used to happen after a night of smoking strong weed (with poorly rolled joints). I have been concerned recently with the health issues surrounding cannabis and its usage, how bad is it actually for you? How long would it take for it to take an effect of my health? I ask these questions because i am currently doing a college course which requires alot of fitness. I rarely smoke cigarettes and i dont smoke cannabis too much, just alot more recently.

So can anyone help me out?... Are my lungs fucked up or just sore? Anyone experienced the same? also how bad is cannabis actually for you?

Thx
M.M  :confused:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Stabbing pain in my lungs.. Is cannabis really that bad for you? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3346469 - 11/11/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think you've just irritated your lungs because they aren't used to how much you are smoking.

Have you been coughing a lot after toking this past week? Coughing can cause inflamation of the chest wall, which can be quite painful. I've had this happen and my room mate rushed me to the hospital, lol. Doctor said it wasn't dangerous and was caused by coughing and the mild chest cold I had at the time.

I don't know anyone, nor have I ever heard of anyone, who suffered from any kind of permanent lung damage due to marijuana. I don't think anyone has ever died from marijuana alone.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: Stabbing pain in my lungs.. Is cannabis really that bad for you? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3346528 - 11/11/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't really been coughing that much, a bit more than usual, but not enough to cause any damage. Your probially right, its just that my lungs arnt used to so much abuse.  :tongue:

Thanks alot :thumbup:
M.M

Has anyone else got any opinions about the health risks surrounding cannabis?

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3346575 - 11/11/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Consider this, at the height of my use I was up to an AVERAGE of 6-7g a day, usually smoked through a large bong. 1 or 2 grams in one toke wasn't out of the question, and was actually a pretty nice way to start off the day :grin:

I spent about 3 weeks of detox after this. Coughed up a LOT of nice black shit, but I felt like my lungs were back to normal after only one week of not smoking anything.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3346581 - 11/11/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh man, I remember one night... holy fuck.

I had this cold, which caused me to cough a huge amount, and I had just bought a quarter. And this joint, around 2.5 grams, was smoked between two people. And before that we smoked some bowls.

The next day, I couldn't breath. I was lying there uneable to inhale a full lung of air because it hurt to much. It hurt too much to inhale even a small amount. I was taking ridiculously short breathes, and when I tried to turn my body, my lungs hurt.

It really sucked. And they say Cannabis is a softdrug. :nonono: :smile: :lol:

Edited by HeavyToilet (11/11/04 12:53 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Stabbing pain in my lungs.. Is cannabis really that bad for you? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3346607 - 11/11/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

cannabis actually dilates the bronchial tubes... a natural expectorant..as opposed to tobacco which constricts the bronchials.. cough that shit up when you smoke.. ohhhhh yeaaaaah :cool:

--------------------

Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Re: Stabbing pain in my lungs.. Is cannabis really that bad for you? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3346686 - 11/11/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
cannabis actually dilates the bronchial tubes... a natural expectorant..as opposed to tobacco which constricts the bronchials.. cough that shit up when you smoke.. ohhhhh yeaaaaah :cool:

That is interesting.... I have heard similar things but never really understood how it works. Have you read the cannabibles?

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #3347088 - 11/11/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This has actually happened to me a few times, even the exact same circumstance (waking up in the middle of the night) I'm not sure what causes it at all.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale