Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
ecuador prints
    #3345474 - 11/11/04 03:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i'm planning my first grow and got an ecuador print from a free spore ring. i'm planning to try many different teks to see which is the best for me (brf, rye, brf+dunk, cased brf, uncased brf ecc...). in any case, the first thing i want to do is becoming indipendent from vendors, ie, take my own prints for the new cycle. so i thought i could use the first flush for taking prints, since being a newbie i can't foresee if there will ever be a second flush and how big it will be. the only drawback of this plan is that i've read that later flushes in cambodian make fewer but bigger shrooms, ie they are better for taking prints, while the first flush gives small shrooms which lead to poor prints. should i wait the second flush, then? at which stage do you guys usually take your prints?

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: ecuador prints [Re: lepiota]
    #3345480 - 11/11/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

size doesnt really matter, as long as they print, there are plenty of spores to carry on. size of cap and what flush are unimportant imho.

Print what you can, you need a few, so you can send some back to the spore ring :-) so just print each flush as it comes.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ecuador prints [Re: Loki]
    #3345492 - 11/11/04 04:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah print em all like he said..even a small light mushroom print will be enough to do at least 10 syringes. You will probably get bigger ones on future flushes though but you can print those too and just make more syringes with them. You only need to scrape off a small section of spores from a print for a syringe though..a nice dark print 2-3 inches big could probably do a hundred syringes or more.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: ecuador prints [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3345522 - 11/11/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yup, i'm only worried for the tek to be used for making prints and making syringes out of prints. i have read many teks and can't understand what is the real risk of contamination at this stage: some use glove boxes, mini-chambers and PC, others just do it in the open air. newbies usually buy syringes, i got a print which requires more delicate passages.
(oh, sure i'll send many prints to the fsr if i'll menage to crop some shrooms!)

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ecuador prints [Re: lepiota]
    #3345536 - 11/11/04 04:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It should be done in a sterile environment. Not that it cant be done open air but its a risk..this isnt affected in any way by the cap size though which is all that would really change from shroom top to shroom top.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: ecuador prints [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3346106 - 11/11/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've been spraying diluted bleach high in the room in a fine mist. First all windows have to be closed and fans turned off. I back out of the room as I spray, and repeat in about 20 minutes. It's nowhere near as good as a flow hood, but a lot of the contams are knocked down and killed. There's a bleach smell, but it's only about as strong as in a public pool.

Read it in Staments' GG&MM. Page 76.

--------------------
Don't panic!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale