Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleblacksh33p18
sheep

Loc: "the hood" los angeles CA
Casing AFTER 1st or second flush?
    #3345443 - 11/11/04 05:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Can anyone tell me if this is good/bad idea and why? I was thinking about letting the cakes run their course and then just recycling them under casing? good idea/bad idea? Why? Done before?

--------------------
Anything up for debate in terms of freedom IS AND SHOULD BE FREE -BY DEFAULT-, this is not debatable.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing AFTER 1st or second flush? [Re: blacksh33p18]
    #3345481 - 11/11/04 06:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Its a good idea to case them from the beginning but you can case after the first or second flush..after the second flush I think it would be a waste though..if you just learned about casing now and want to wait for the first flush it can be a good idea..you can let a cake run its course and then case it and get more mushrooms..it wont create mushrooms, casing just gives you more mushrooms per flush then a cake will per flush (generally speaking) because its easier to hold in water and create an even pinset on a casing. Its not benificial to fruit as a cake and then case normally though and the further along the cake goes the more open to contams once broken up it is.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibleblacksh33p18
sheep

Loc: "the hood" los angeles CA
Re: Casing AFTER 1st or second flush? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3345486 - 11/11/04 06:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I see, so its a bit of a waste, well better to know. Its embarrasing to say but, I have cased before and been growing for years I just haven't taken it too seriously and been off and on becauase of legal issues, I even got my first spores from the great fanaticus I still have the syringes and box for posterity, Thank you for answering my questions, much obliged.

--------------------
Anything up for debate in terms of freedom IS AND SHOULD BE FREE -BY DEFAULT-, this is not debatable.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation