Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Little Bumps Inside Jars/Terarium Setup
    #333999 - 06/04/01 11:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, on my tasmanian jars which are around 90-95% colonized (just a small half inch uncolonized square on the bottom), on the sides, there are little bumps of mycelia, is this where mushrooms are gonna come in? Theres areas that look like small rings of lumps which make em look like mouths of little mycelial volcanoes, for lack of a better discription... anyways, i have my terrarium set up, its a 72 gallon dark green tuppaware tote box.... this will work right? right now i have a layer of very wet perlite (the white stuff) on the bottom with a wire mesh around 2 inches above the perlite.... the humidity in there is around 89% RH with 3 mistings per day..... This is kina low humidity right? anyways, any ideas on how to increase humidity? i have an unltrasonic mister thing (you know, the ones with the cool as hell mist that comes from the water spout thingy) and i know i can use it to increase humidity but.... is there a really good way to do it? any sugestions from people who use ultrasonic misk makers would be greatly appreciated.... oh and my bedroom 60 watt light being on the majority of the day will work for lighting riiight? i have the top covered with syran wrap... thats ok too right?.... sorry for all the questions... they may sound stupid but i just dont wanna fuck up on my first batch....

Keep Trippin' and Blazin'

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Little Bumps Inside Jars/Terarium Setup [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #334083 - 06/04/01 01:31 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

bump

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

#334115 - 06/04/01 02:06 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

anyone?

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------

InvisibleG-nome
    #334151 - 06/04/01 02:45 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Too...many...questions.......brain overloading..AAAHHH!!!

"Getting an inch of snow is like winning ten cents in the lottery." - Calvin

The Free Spore Ring - the best damn thing since sliced bread?

--------------------
"Getting an inch of snow is like winning ten cents in the lottery." - Calvin
The Free Spore Ring - the best damn thing since sliced bread?

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Little Bumps Inside Jars/Terarium Setup [Re: G-nome]
    #334195 - 06/04/01 03:42 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

awww come on.. somoene answer

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
    #334361 - 06/04/01 06:56 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

leave your humidity, if mushrooms dont grow then increase mistings, 72 is rather large, make sure saran wrap is sealed to the sides and watch for holes in it, (saran is weak), install a drip shield, when misting mist on drip shield and SIDES of container. wait one week AFTER full growth to birth. good luck!

who wants to drive a fangry asshole?
support the FSR and send donations to ralphster44

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #334508 - 06/04/01 08:55 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you have some knotting going on... let your cakes mature and this is where the pins will come from ... and from pins you get fruits.... the knots should look like tiny white balls.... your terrarium setup looks fine... ultrasonics are great but can over-humidify easily, and especialy if you have perilite already... i suggest you humidify your terr about 1ce a day w/ the ultrasonic for about an hour... and you'll be good...oh and i hope that wire mesh is either plastic or a rust-proof metal.. peace

"like a Japanese Cowboy or a blind man on skates"Ween
"you must make sure that the lady's pure for the Funky Cold Medina"Tone Loc

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/04/01 10:57 PM.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom