Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
casing in marthas?
    #3343146 - 11/10/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

alright guys ive followed hyphaes casing tek to the tee and my casings have been in the marthas for nearly 2 weeks and only one pan is just starting to come thru the casing and i mean its just barely poppin thru what am i doin wrong rh is 85 90% temps stay around 75 12 on 12 off light and coolmist running all the time ???????? help please

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: casing in marthas? [Re: zxsevinr]
    #3343290 - 11/10/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Then you didnt follow his casing tek correcting..you should have incubated untill the myc was just popping through then it goes in the chamber. It won't colonize quickly in lower temps. However I think you'll be ok...if you can see through the casing ans see the myc below even if not on the surface light will get to it and your first flush may be a little smaller but second flush and third will probably make up for it..be patient a little more and next time leave it in the incubator a little longer. Every strain varies too so you'll have to tweak initiation time for each strain but this a key part in getting an even first flush pinset.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: casing in marthas? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3343446 - 11/10/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i incubated just until the myc was poking thru the casing and then i patched and put in the marthas

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3343518 - 11/10/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

throw it in the fridge for 12 hours then mist well and let it go...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: casing in marthas? [Re: dobinky]
    #3343581 - 11/10/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

huh? i never heard of that is that like a cold shock on cakes??

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3345012 - 11/11/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Cold shocking will stop growth to iniate pinning, is is not what he was asking about. It is done to help iniate pinning on casings too and helps just the same to get it pinning sooner but the casing layer should be comming up even before you do that. Its also not needed with cubiesand is only done with cakes and not casings because its easier to do with cakes..they should be dunked anyway so why not put them in the fridge too..plus during the dunk they are succeptable to contams (standing water) and the fridge will slow down contam growth.

When myc comming up means a few good spots..not when you just barly see any. Then you shouldnt be patching the very wispy stuff thats just comming up or at all if its comming up evenly, only patch over the big spots and only put VERY little..like 1/16-1/8 of an inch on top..if you mist it well in a few days it should be comming through all around the casing a little bit and then more in the comming time until it pins. A picture would really help..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains