Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDan86
Stranger
Will it Show up in a Blood Test in any Way?
    #3342901 - 11/10/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey...hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question and easy to understand:

I'm going through some medical problems right now and I have to get blood drawn each week.  Eventually (in about a month) I'll need to get surgery done.  I plan on taking mushrooms next Friday (Nov 19), but I really want to know if they will:

a) show up on the blood tests in ANY way
b) do ANYTHING to my body that will last for longer than a few days and be detectable

If I get sick or my blood / body changes in any significant way, this is going to postpone my surgery and could really fuck things up.  I wanna trip, but if it could mess stuff up, I'd rather forget about it.

Just in case this matters, I've tripped once before (this past summer) and I'm in fine health (besides needing to get this surgery done).

Thanks a LOT to anybody who answers.  :thumbup:

Edited by Dan86 (11/10/04 07:20 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Will it Show up in a Blood Test in any Way? [Re: Dan86]
    #3342924 - 11/10/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What is your surgery for? I would suggest that you do not trip before your surgery. Is it really worth it to risk messing things up for your surgery just so you can trip? There will be plenty of time after your surgery to trip, unless you're getting your brain removed or something. To answer your question, no mushrooms don't show up in the 5 panel test and there are no labs currently set up to test(blood work) for mushrooms due to the cost.

Invisiblechillywicket
feel like astranger

Loc: Charm City
    #3342940 - 11/10/04 07:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know about blood, but I've eaten shrooms before a urine test a few times with no positive test results. Thats urine though, you could call a drug testing agency and ask them if its possible for psilocybin to show in a blood test or maybe ask a hospital. Thats my 2cents.

--------------------
"Space is fun alright."

OfflineDan86
Stranger
Re: Will it Show up in a Blood Test in any Way? [Re: discoabe]
    #3342987 - 11/10/04 07:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

discoabe said:
What is your surgery for? I would suggest that you do not trip before your surgery. Is it really worth it to risk messing things up for your surgery just so you can trip? There will be plenty of time after your surgery to trip, unless you're getting your brain removed or something. To answer your question, no mushrooms don't show up in the 5 panel test and there are no labs currently set up to test(blood work) for mushrooms due to the cost.

I will likely have to get the lymph nodes around my stomach removed to prevent testicular cancer from spreading...I'm going to be having the surgery about a month from today, so I'd be tripping at least a good 2 weeks before the surgery; it wouldn't be that close at all. I just meant like if there was any way doing mushrooms could change your body and make you sick for a while. I was almost sure it couldn't, but I don't really know that much about shrooms.

The blood work is just done to make sure my blood levels don't change at all in the weeks before the surgery; so I probably should have phrased the question as "can mushrooms change your blood levels at all, up to 5 days after you take them" (I'd be tripping Friday, taking a blood test Wednesday). Since you said they can't recognize shrooms in a blood test, that basically answered it for me.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #3343038 - 11/10/04 07:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No, mushrooms don't work on your blood so much as they do in your brain. Think of tolerance as how long mushrooms can stay with you, a few days to a week or two at most. The only thing you might wanna consider is if you have a stressful trip or don't sleep well as a result so then your already stressed body gets stressed more and then you get sick. You should be fine and if it's something you really want to do then just be careful and take care of yourself. Good luck.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Will it Show up in a Blood Test in any Way? [Re: discoabe]
    #3343671 - 11/10/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

dan i would say that if they are testing your blood pre-op then its not for drugs. so i really wouldnt worry about it and also after 24 hours its supposed to not be hardly detected at all. now to the mental side of it. if you start thinking of your surgery while tripping it could turn into a bad trip. but i think physically you are safe

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience