Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Ayahuasca: take 4 [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #3347654 - 11/11/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Aw...once I finish updating the apartment I intend to get a little caapi plant of my own.  I've only seen pics online but I hear that harvesting vine from your own caapi friend greatly increases the depth of the brew.  :heart: 

And yes, I was quite stunned when I saw the snake behind closed eyes sensuously dancing like that.  I'm not sure if I saw it because I had read about other people seeing it or what, but it took my breath away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Ayahuasca: take 4 [Re: MOTH]
    #3347683 - 11/11/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hmm I've heard it take some years before being "harvest-able", so growing it is more a way to deepens my relationship with it, for me...
But i hope that my grand children will take care of "grand daddy's strange vine" in the future !

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca: take 4 [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #3348829 - 11/11/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

A quick question:

Does anyone know if there is cross tolerance between DMT and mushrooms? I'm planning on tripping tomorrow night on mushies and was wondering.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3349153 - 11/11/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I would figure if LSD and psilocybin have a strong cross tolerance, DMT would have an even stronger one. Two days, eh...you'll probobly get SOME effect.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca: take 4 [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3349337 - 11/11/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know that people can use (smoke) DMT multiple times in a day, so that's why I was wondering...

Maybe I should take a MAOI with the mushrooms.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3350346 - 11/12/04 06:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

since dmt is so rapidly metabolised, i suspect that any dmt self- or cross-tolerance will fade very rapidly (although the MAOi will probably lengthen the psychometabolism somewhat...)(guesstimate: an hour or two with dmt alone, and a few hours to a day or so with dmt & harmine...)
~
one possibility for today might be to do what you can to temporarily increase monoamineoxidase levels in your body (again refering to dr abram hoffer, it is possible that vit B3, NADh, SAMe, & other components of his "orthomolecular psychiatry" program may stop many trip effects & many skitzy mental affects by cranking up MAO activity...) & maybe some extra vit C & other nice antioxidant nutrients to increase psychedelic metabolite turnover...
~
& perform "grounding" activities today... "earth" foods, some ginseng or dong quai tea, barefoot walking/standing on soil, a warm bath with mineral salts...
~~~~
now, about tomorrow & your special guest --- consider brewing up a nice pot of shroom tea (or unka gnrm's psilly cider :wink: ) with a little extra for ummmmmm "adjusting/boosting" if needed... (& if there's leftovers, you can freeze it into psillycicles...)
~
a light housecleaning, a candle, some flowers, maybe some sleeping bags & pillows, some tasty tunes, some light tasty snacks, coffee/tea/cocoa, and good company... have an excellent evening together, sister...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: Ayahuasca: take 4 [Re: gnrm23]
    #3350356 - 11/12/04 06:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Damn gnrm, you're making me fiend :wink: Are you for real with the psillycicles thing? What a great idea that is, got a link to a thread or anything? Ima have to try syrian rue with mushrooms one of these days, i've heard great things, and my tolerance the past 6 months has been pretty high (even spacing trips a month apart and with really potent mushrooms).

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies