Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineladd
Stranger
total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me.
    #3342401 - 11/10/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

first off i did read around a lot before i started this post. but i still got a few questions. i been smoking marijuana for a good # of years and i done shroom about 4 times i think. really enjoy it. i want to grow some my self mainly for fun. so im doing the brown rice cake thing and im just wondering during the process would it stink up my apartment? and where am i to order the Vermiculite, how much $ doese it cost? do i have to use brown rice flour? can it be just normal rice? can any1 suggest a Spore syringe for me as a newbie?
any other tips for me would be great too, thank every1 for reading this

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: ladd]
    #3342413 - 11/10/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

alright.

u can use any flour, brown rice is very nutritious though.

get Vermiculite at the shroomery's sponsor "mycosupply"

dont tape the holes. use tyvek.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlineladd
Stranger
Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3342459 - 11/10/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ty for replying, more things poped up as i read ur answers. do i have to use a pressure cooker? i dont really have 1 so can i use a normal pot instead? again, doese it smell when i set it in my room?
TY

OfflineXXXguntherXXX
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: ladd]
    #3342481 - 11/10/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a noob too, but I am sure you can just steam the jars instead of using a pressure cooker.

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Loc: Doldrums & Faultlines
Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3342483 - 11/10/04 05:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This process won't stink up your apartment.
You can easily go to a home depot for vermiculite or order it from the sponsors its used for lawns so its a common item.
Yeah dont use the ultra sonic method just get some perlite and a few bubblewands along with a pump and some hose.

Also dont spend big bucks to get the shoulderless mason jars. Around here they are impossible to get and if you can get one they cost about $8 dollars a piece. I would suggest getting some rubbermaid ones from Wal mart make sure they are the 1/2 pint ones. I think you can get 2 for $1.98. Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions.

GL
-Odd

--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

Traveller, there is no path, paths are made by walking

If Jesus was jewish...Why does he have a mexican name??

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: oddiseus]
    #3342498 - 11/10/04 05:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You can get a steamer used for potatoes ad vegetables IMO this works great!!

--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

Offlineazurescens
Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: oddiseus]
    #3342520 - 11/10/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you are interested in success then you should really invest in a PC. I know that other methods will work some of the time but believe me thee is nothing worse than seeing your jars become contaminated because you decided to take the short route. If you have no other option than by all means go with boiling them but go onto ebay and pick up a pc for like 20$. Also, you can find vermiculite at home depot, Lowes, or just about any garden store.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3342522 - 11/10/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i use a spaghetti pot.

and there is no smell, unless u are talking about getting an inch from the mushrooms. or if there is a contam (that is LITERALLY the worst smell int he world...made me vomit before.)

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Re: total noob here, got a few questions hopefully some1 can help me. [Re: azurescens]
    #3342543 - 11/10/04 05:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have used a steamer for all aspects of a grow from PF style to cases.
My steamer gets hot enough to scorch your face off. I know contams cant live in more than 120 degree heat so a steamer would work just fine. A hot one anyway!!

--------------------

Offlineladd
Stranger
    #3342601 - 11/10/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

wow guys, thanks a lot. have never signd up for a forum iis helpful and nice

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3343820 - 11/10/04 11:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

One more thing.. (sorry this is page 3 of long list of threads and will catch up soon)

You might want to start consider this more than just for fun... it mostly likely will become a very serious hobby very fast.

When you buy equipment, get the ones little larger than you need. It'll pay off later.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation