Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Did I have an OOBE?
    #3338792 - 11/09/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

A couple years ago I had what I think might've been an OOBE. However to this day there's a skeptic side of me that thinks it may have just been a false awakening or other unusual dream experience.

Here's what happened. I "woke up" one morning, and as I was laying in bed I heard a conversation going on between two girls. However, the only person in the room (this was in a dormitory at college) was my roommate, as I could see him walking around the room. There were no other people in the room. I thought it was strange that I was hearing this conversation but I couldn't hear any sounds from my roommate as he walked around the room doing various things. The conversation also sounded like it was right beside me in the room, and not coming from the hallway outside. The second odd thing I noticed was a background noise that sounded just like radio static. It wasn't loud but it was very noticeable. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from as it seemed completely omnidirectional. Finally I sat up in bed and noticed there was a strange white-blue glow around everything in the room. However the room still looked normal and otherwise lacked any hypnopompic imagery. Then I turned around to look at the head of the bed, and to my utter surprise... I saw myself laying there. At this point I realized I was possibly having an OOBE so just as I was going to move my legs I "snapped" back into my body or I woke up from the dream, depending on what may have actually happened.

There are four things I noticed that are convincing to me that it wasn't simply a dream that I had:

1) The feeling was unlike any dream, false awakening, or sleep paralysis I've ever had. However, this is just a feeling and therefore I can't use it as "evidence."

2) The conversation I heard, which was going on during the whole experience, suddenly stopped mid-sentence when I woke up. This leads me to believe that there was no conversation going on outside the room that I may have heard.

3) My roommate, whom I was also watching the entire time, was in the exact same spot that I saw him last at the end of the possible-OOBE experience.

4) Unlike sleep paralysis where you can only move your eyes, I was able to move the entire upper half of my "body" and sit up in bed, before noticing that my body was still laying there.

Was this an OOBE or am I just crazy or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: ]
    #3339046 - 11/09/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's cool man, I've had something like that happen to me before. I would say that if you look down and see youself, you're having an out of body experience. What was going on in the unexplained conversation that you could hear?

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3339123 - 11/09/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think you did have an OOBE. You should look into the different methods on the web concerning astral travel, etc. I have had spontaneous experiences like that, but am now able to partially separate. I don't fully go out of body, but I send out a part of myself through which I am able to explore, create, and experience things that I normally cannot. It's worth the effort involved, and now you at least know that you definitely CAN do it.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3339339 - 11/09/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

your having exactly the same dilema as i have had. on the one hand, there are some characteristics that prove that this is NOT simply a dream. On the other hand, certain facts prove that what we are seeing is not real life. its somewhere in between. So where exactly do obe's fit in? i just dont know.

did you experience vibrations? thats the most surefire indicator of an obe that i know of

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3339704 - 11/10/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it is an experience of depth in time
OOBE is used to describe too much and to give credibility by inference which makes swami too excited so I would avoid it.
(we all have an inner swami)
while waking we are still accessing our sensorium and our memorium using sustained stacks of conscious moments (time stacking)

A great deal of processing is done that way in dreams.
while waking you have no ability to discern "what happenned before what". this is an experience of depth in time or time stacking. like deja vu

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#3341687 - 11/10/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Did I have an OOBE?

no

Anonymous

Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: spud]
    #3341830 - 11/10/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Care to elaborate?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3341865 - 11/10/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

did you feel a sense of vibration then experience yourself as being outside of your body? if so you had an obe

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3341876 - 11/10/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I like the theory that what people call out of body experiences are actually inner body experiences. Sounds sort of kinky, but hey........

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Anonymous

#3341981 - 11/10/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

listen.

Quote:

Finally I sat up in bed and noticed there was a strange white-blue glow around everything in the room. However the room still looked normal and otherwise lacked any hypnopompic imagery. Then I turned around to look at the head of the bed, and to my utter surprise... I saw myself laying there

you know damn well this was on obe, right here. and your own intuition told you when you saw your body layin in bed still.

also, you do not need to feel vibrations while in that state of mind to know its an obe. there's been dozens of times i have had them without having any vibrations or hearing noises/conversations(happens when fear and doubt diminish). its just happened so many times that i 'just knew' i was in that state of mind, there is a sense of shift in consciousness. ive heard conversations before as well, never be afraid, you are always safe. worst that can happen is being scared so bad you piss yourself(never happened to me, but i think its probably possible!)

this is only the beginning of your obe journey's...man, that wasnt shit compared to what we can experience; where we can go. there are no limits, but the ones we create.

hope ya hear me out over people that tell u no. me and you both know this was an OBE. i mean come on your intuition told you, and our intuition is much greater while in that expanded awareness state of mind(while ob) so please, always listen to your own heart. its all you got in this world.

Anonymous

Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3342051 - 11/10/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I like the theory that what people call out of body experiences are actually inner body experiences.

of course, its all coming from within :heart: that is ultimately correct. :thumbup:

but the only difference i see here is simply in perception. just depends which way you want to look at it.

for the life of me, i cant come up with the words adequate enough to explain how its a perception issue...  gettinjiggy might be able to, shes a very wise and loving soul.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3342679 - 11/10/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah hes right man it definetly and clearly was an OBE, even without vibrations, its just that vibrations are very common in my own and others experience.

"I like the theory that what people call out of body experiences are actually inner body experiences"

so true

--------------------

Anonymous

#3342882 - 11/10/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Moonshoe, I didn't feel any buzzing or vibration. I actually felt the opposite, like complete stillness and calm. I've read that vibrations are a precursor to an OOBE. This was more like I woke up already OOB.

Anonymous

#3342916 - 11/10/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Kottonmouth, the experience wasn't scary at all. My being felt very still and calm and at peace. My concern about the experience while in the midst of it was a sense of curiosity rather than any sense of panic.

Like I said above, it was like I woke up in the midst of being OOB, rather than going through any vibrations or precursor. On the other hand, the few times I've tried to go OOB while lying still in bed, a sense of panic does overcome me as soon as the vibrations come on. As soon as the initial sense of separation comes I tend to wuss out and snap myself out of it by moving my body at the last second, thus ruining any potential experience. I've been trying to have an OOBE on purpose so that I can compare it to this past experience.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3342919 - 11/10/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Max, I've been meaning to ask, is that picture in your avatar for real? I keep looking at it, and thinking to myself, "Wow, all those people are probably about to get blown up."

Anonymous

Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3342944 - 11/10/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it's real. Here's the article about the incident on CNN. Seventy-eight people died, 115 were injured.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3342967 - 11/10/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I remember hearing about it, I just couldn't believe someone caught that shot... that's fucking nuts.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Did I have an OOBE? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3343032 - 11/10/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

. On the other hand, the few times I've tried to go OOB while lying still in bed, a sense of panic does overcome me as soon as the vibrations come on. As soon as the initial sense of separation comes I tend to wuss out and snap myself out of it by moving my body at the last second, thus ruining any potential experience. I've been trying to have an OOBE on purpose so that I can compare it to this past experience.

yeah i hear you man i have the same problem, much like when i was learning to lucid dream id realize i was dreaming get over excited and wake up. the principle is the same, learn to relax. easy to say hard to do. meditation is probably good practice

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Did I have an OBE? [Re: ]
    #3345127 - 11/11/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth, the experience wasn't scary at all. My being felt very still and calm and at peace. My concern about the experience while in the midst of it was a sense of curiosity rather than any sense of panic.

well, eventually, your fear is going to be tested. its necessary to move on and grow further, spiritually. overcoming fear is a big obstacle....but easier once you realize you cant be harmed out of body, and that you are truly immortal. Doubt is another shitty obstacle...you can literally do this ANYTIME. but your beliefs will limit your abilities until you deal with them properly, so never doubt you can have one of these anytime. just speakin on what i know from experience, which isnt shit, yet.

i found being sober is key. and also SILENCE. and being very tired helps it come on faster, so sleep deprivation is useful...but not necessary. ive laid down tired as fuck and have had vibrations hit me in 2 seconds(why would i lie? i mean seriously here, no fucking joke) just lay down and boom...but i have no doubts either, i knew exactly what i wanted when i laid down. i have "programmed"(so to speak) my mind at this point to either sleep, or get to the vibrational state. we leave our bodies every night, it is nothing new, this is a totally natural occurance. when we sleep, we go subconscious and do not recall leaving our bodies, but we do. having a conscious obe or vibrations, is remaining totally consciously aware of leaving body, and thus leaving you consciously in control.

and let me tell you, ive heard soem of the most beautiful music, and some of the most horrible torturing noise, people screaming and suffering.....its shitty, might make you sweat a lot... but all necessary to grow from. dont let fear hold you down ever is all im sayin, cuz for awhile i was frightened of these experiences...some would be peaceful, others i would see wicked scary shit.

have fun!

oh and yes...like moonshoe said, stay calm and relaxed, getting over excited will pull you back into body and end the experience. but if this happens, remain calm and relaxed, and USUALLY though not always in my experience, vibrations will come right back in a few seconds. this happens on and off a few times, might get up to 6 rounds(chances) of vibrations or more. I know all this from experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies