Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemorfious
Solemn Soul

getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it?
    #3338217 - 11/09/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hi all, first time doing mushrooms.
i am getting 1/8 ounce of dry shrooms tonight,  5'7",130lbs,quick metabolism.
i am going down to the shore when i do this tommorow and want to experience its full effects.  should i eat all of them? if not how much should i eat?
morfious

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: morfious]
    #3338240 - 11/09/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Depends on strain and potency, however if you got it off the street, chances are that it's probably not super potent (unless you happen to be very lucky). So I would say yeah, probably go for the entire thing. YMMV

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3338247 - 11/09/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Do half for your first time.  1.5g's is a great starting dose for newbies to the shrooming world.  The fungi are powerful, man.  Take caution and good luck!  :thumbup: :heart: :mushroom2:

OfflineShamanAdam
Stranger

#3338271 - 11/09/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The first time I did shrooms, it was off the street and I got 1/8, my friend and I split it half and we also got a gram of weed. Let me tell you, the shrooms would have been nothing without the weed, because I've taken 1/8 by myself without weed and the 1/16 with weed was WAY better. If you're doing it without weed, take the whole thing, make a penutbutter and shroom sandwich, it makes it easier to get down. If you do have weed, take half of it. Then prepare for a great trip. Have fun on your journey!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: ShamanAdam]
    #3338344 - 11/09/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ShamanAdam, yeah I've definately seen street shrooms that are at least that weak. But, it doesn't mean they all are. Some shrooms will do you REAL nice for a first time, half an 1/8. If you don't want to do the whole 1/8, do 2-2.5 grams, keep the rest and buy another 1/8. You'll then have 2 okay doses for you and a friend.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3338394 - 11/09/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you plan on dosing strong and you really want to do it, use 1.5 gr. That contains usually 10-20mg Psilocybin which for most people is a managable amount. you can take 1 or 2 friends and split the dose between the 2 or 3 of you.

But research this! This is not just a "drug", it's a Life Decision.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: dblaney]
    #3338402 - 11/09/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

1.5 grams is the minimum you should take. 2.5 is good dose I think. 1.5 is very .. 'relaxed' I guess? And If you are going to take 2.5 you might as well take the whole eigth. ; )

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: reflectedlight]
    #3338460 - 11/09/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Personally, I would have to say "if you think you can handle it" eat the whole eighth.

Nothing worse than spending an entire trip going "Is it working yet?".. it's like you trip, but you aren't sure if you're tripping, so you waste the whole trip wondering whether or not it's working...

Just my opinion.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3338485 - 11/09/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Personally, I would have to say "if you think you can handle it" eat the whole eighth.

Nothing worse than spending an entire trip going "Is it working yet?".. it's like you trip, but you aren't sure if you're tripping, so you waste the whole trip wondering whether or not it's working...

Just my opinion.

Are you kidding? There are *much* worse trips than ones that were too weak and you can't tell if its working. Worst comes to worst you don't trip and try again another time. An experience too strong can scare someone from them for quite a while, perhaps forever.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3338498 - 11/09/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I said it was my opinion, and I was basing it on my own experiences the first few times.

There are already 1000 obligatory "Better play it safe" responses. What is one honest opinion gonna hurt?

I'm not saying I don't agree that it's safer to go with a lower dosage.. but the fact is, if it's safe you want, you shouldn't be eating substances with the potential to alter your mind substantially in the first place.

Edit: Furthermore, someone who is scared off by an 8th dosage their first time PROBABLY shouldn't be meddling with this kind of thing in the first place.. thus, they got the lesson they needed and will stay away from them.

Sorry, I'm in a sour mood tonight and this post probably doesn't reflect my usual attitude on the subject.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3338511 - 11/09/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes for me 1.5gr can be a tease.

If you, like you said, want to experience in full what the mushrooms have to offer, eat the whole eigth. Have a clear mindset, and NOTHING to stress about.

If you're scared about having a bad trip, and feel hesitant about eating too much you areant really the type of person to be messing with shrooms in the first place.

My first trip, I ate the whole eigth, and was blown away by how amazing the sacred fungi was. About three weeks later me and my friend split an eigth, and I felt stoned, with mild visuals, and a funny feeling in my stomach.

If you have a scale, I would suggest dosing 2-3.5 gr for a pretty good trip. You most likely won't have a breakthrough or see God, but the visuals will be vibrant and so will the mindfuck.

So like others said, if you want to just give shrooms a test run, and get an idea of what they are like, do half the eigth (1.5). If you want to experience the full effects, eat the whole thing. Happy tripping! :shroomer:

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: vc77]
    #3338611 - 11/09/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Depending on your "tripping experience", I'd say gobble em all down (as long as you are SURE that they are the right kind). Just make sure you aren't planning to drive or be anywhere that you could freak out. Just remember that cubes won't kill you and you're gonna be back to reality in a few hours. Just go with it and all will be great. ENJOY!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: Supernova]
    #3339309 - 11/09/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

JacquesCousteau, yeah I know its your opinion. And I guess you're right, especially since its just an 1/8. It was mostly the 'nothing worse than' phrase that I took too literally. Didn't mean to come down on your opinion which you are certainly entitled to.

But still I do disagree about the playing it safe thing. Sure, maybe you shouldn't be taking a dose SO low that you aren't sure it'll even work. But I've taken dosages as low as 1.5 grams and as high as 5 grams. 1.5 I had a great time. No open eye visuals, but the way my mind worked was amazing. Speaking with others and allowing my brain to run itself off was a great experience, not to mention how the use of my senses was.

I guess what it all comes down to is how serious is it. I was simply saying that a slightly smaller dose for the first time might be a good path to take, and less "risky" in that sense. Of course, diving face first might be more "risky" of having a bad time and scaring you off, but it could open your mind so much further.

Now, if you interpret risky as something you're afraid of and it would NOT be okay to do, and you're very serious about it; like the other said, mushrooms might not be for you.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3339550 - 11/09/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

when you say you are going down to the shore, does that mean you'll be on a beach?  in the daytime, on the beach = eat the whole damn eighth  :shroomer:  :thumbup:

Offlinemorfious
Solemn Soul

Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: vc77]
    #3341625 - 11/10/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the replies guys.
i got the *mushroom* (not plural) yesterday. one cap about the size of a half dollar and the stem is about an inch thick and 3 inches long with bluish-purplish blots all over the stem.
yes, the shore is the beach, but its going to be at night not during the day.
im not sure if i plan on doing them tonight because i will be in a hotel and nothing will be familiar except for the people. i was told i should do it in a familiar place with familiar people, what do you guys think?
and for the dosage, i plan on eating whatever i feel like at that moment. is there a good way to eat them to get more of their effects such as keeping them in your mouth or under your tounge?

thanks again
morfious

--------------------
Think of emotions as you do a color wheel.
To have no emotion is to have no color, to be transparent, to be empty.
Some colors are uglier than others, yet they each have their time and place.
Stop using the same color when painting your self portrait. It gets bland. Try mixing different colors to create a better shaded rainbow.

Offlinemorfious
Solemn Soul

#3341654 - 11/10/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Stop using the same color when painting your self portrait. It gets bland. Try mixing different colors to create a better shaded rainbow.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3341695 - 11/10/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, is your mushroom still wet?

If it is you got ripped off unless that mushroom alone ways 35 wet grams.

As for keeping it in your mouth, yes you can and it will supposedly shorten the onset time.

I do it everytime I eat mine and I like to leave them under my tongue for a few minutes before swallowing each bite. Some people can't just eat them outright though.

I'm also an opinion driven person and I would eat the entire thing. The first time I did LSD I was warned more than once I should take one blotter hit and I had 5. I ate all 5 and had the best time of my life. Needless to say I had researched LSD quite a bit beforehand and felt safe doing it, and now that I think of it, it was probably stupid to jump in head first, but you know what.. I'm glad I did it.

I definately do not think that you should do as I do, you should find your happy medium between safety and confidence. Half of a good mushroom trip is confidence that your trip will be good, the other half is the setting your tripping in. Do not do more than you think you can handle, EVER.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: getting 1/8 ounce, should i eat all of it? [Re: Silven]
    #3341708 - 11/10/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats a fatty stem. Looks like an eigth to me. Enjoy it! :shroomer:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3341711 - 11/10/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like a huge cube not treated to bad, some yellowing on the stems ive noticed can mean bad drying procedures some times, but it dont look that bad at al, specially for commercial ones.

The deciding factors on how much should you take is, how comfortable with your enviroment are you. If things would happen to get a little intense is this enviroment friendly/you trust it enough, what your expierence is with psychadelics, and the mindset going into the trip. If its your first time, id start smaller then an eighth.

Mindset and trip setting are most inmportant factors going into a trip.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinemorfious
Solemn Soul

#3341716 - 11/10/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what kind of shroom is it?
no, the mushroom is not wet...i weighed it myself on my scale, a perfect 3.5g

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate