Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, pH Test Strips, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Casing Help with Verm/sphagnum
    #3340920 - 11/10/04 12:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Guys,

I have thirteen jars of Huautlas and KSSS sitting in the fridge for the past week and a half, %100 colonized and contamination free. Rye grain. (Thanks for the tek Magash.)

I want to case. I couldn't find coco coir, so I bought vermiculite, sphagnum peat moss, and Bandini Oyster Shell AG Lime (Calcium 36%, Calcium Carbonate equivalent 92%). Can someone help me with a casing recipe? I'm afraid of possible overdoing the lime. Could someone give me an idea of how much Oyster shell lime to add to a 50/50 Verm/sphagnum casing?

Thanks so much,

Tweaker X

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Re: Casing Help with Verm/sphagnum [Re: GoaM]
    #3345798 - 11/11/04 10:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well hell. I didn't even get any views. A noticable lack compared to my neighboring posts. Don't I feel like the nigger now? Disenfranchised pariah here. LOL. Well Fuck off. I'll figure it out. I just didn't want to burn my mycelium. Wasn't sure how Oyster shell translated to agricultural lime via the 50/50 casing tek. I'm guessing I need it as a buffer to the sphagnum's acidity. Thanks for nothing.

Whigger X

Six beers to the wind. Looking for answers, not friends.

'Look at me... Satan's Child... born of evil... thus defiled. Brought to life...through Satanic birth...raised in Hell...to live on Earth....Hell Child!' -Venom

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Casing Help with Verm/sphagnum [Re: GoaM]
    #3345812 - 11/11/04 10:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You know... I look at maybe about 200 posts and make well over 50 recommendations EVERYDAY. A lot of them from pages 2, 3, and 4. It's easy to miss a few postings. That's why people bump their posts back upto first page.

If you weren't gonna check on this for a whole day, don't tell people who answer hundreds of post each day to fuck off. That's not very nice.

As for your grow, look up what buffer is. It's hard to overuse a buffer because of flattening pH curve which is called buffering effect.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Re: Casing Help with Verm/sphagnum [Re: Sam1912]
    #3345831 - 11/11/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You're right. I can be an asshole. Especially after a 60 hour work week and a six pack of Sierra Nevadas. But I think you answered my question. I was afraid of overdoing the buffer. So...'I love you man'.  :smile:

Thanx.

Yeah, I think gutted deer hanging from the rafters is cool.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, pH Test Strips, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation