Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Case minsting *pic*
    #3340732 - 11/10/04 11:20 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

question:

Should i be misting this case at this stage of the game?...it is this cases's first flush. In the FAQ it says to try and mist between the pins, but this is obviously quite impossible.

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Case minsting *pic* [Re: Cornelius]
    #3340743 - 11/10/04 11:26 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

If your RH is 99%, there is very little evaporation, which means less misting. You can mist stretegically using a pump mister. I mist directly from about 2 feet away. Sometime I overmist and have to fan for 5-10 minutes and remist the whole thing.

If you used a bottom casing layer, you can try what I've been doing lately.(hasn't given me problems, but it could be problem source for some) I sterilize a syringe and inject at 8 sites with peroxide/water mixture deep inside. Depending on how much mushrooms have grown, I inject upto 20cc per site. My casing is about 11"x9". Smaller casing would naturally hold less water. I still mist for the benefit of top layer, though.

Good luck

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Re: Case minsting *pic* [Re: Sam1912]
    #3340790 - 11/10/04 11:45 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

what would be considered over misting?

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3340797 - 11/10/04 11:48 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

visible water droplets. It's most notable around smaller pins when it happens... let me rephrase that... visible water droplets like bread crumbs. Really tiny water droplets are okay.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Re: Case minsting *pic* [Re: Sam1912]
    #3341084 - 11/10/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

ok - what I've usually done is lightly mist the casing from about 1.5 feet away and apray about 5 times - at this point tiny water dropplets appear on the myc/casing layer and pins. I don't mist again until I no longer see the water dropplets anymore - advisable?

--------------------

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3342871 - 11/10/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Cornelius said:
ok - what I've usually done is lightly mist the casing from about 1.5 feet away and apray about 5 times - at this point tiny water dropplets appear on the myc/casing layer and pins. I don't mist again until I no longer see the water dropplets anymore - advisable?

Bit to much..you should be about two foot away if your going to directly spray casings and you will probably only need 2-3 pumps at the stage they're at now. I would use more like 5 pumps over the casing from 3 feet or so but I had a bigger chamber so I could just step in and spray all around me. These days I use a pump up sprayer (not hand pump, pump up you pump up first then flip the switch and fine mist comes out..used for plants often..and fat people on hot days) and vary anywhere from 3-15 inches away depending on the stage of the casing..probably about a foot for yours and leave it on swiping back and forth for a few seconds..you dont really want water drops on the myc (like sam said very tiny ones are ok and going to happen..theyll evaporate quickly but an actual drop like out of a syringe or something is to big) you want to hydrate the casing mix that is still absorbant (the brown stuff) until its darker brown then light brown which means its drier.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinemushiesonmymind
Stranger
Re: Case minsting *pic* [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3342941 - 11/10/04 07:28 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Sam do you inject down through the case, or do you inject through the container (i think i know the answer, but hell it doesnt hurt to ask). i have been thinking about trying this as a way to get more moisture into my cases.

mush

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Case minsting *pic* [Re: mushiesonmymind]
    #3343850 - 11/10/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

I inject through the casing using 18gauage/3" needles, only needle I have that long from injet refill kit. It's a real guessing game as to how much you inject... I have some experience with cakes sucking up water, so it works for me. 1" bottom layer is like your safety buffer, so if you don't have it, don't even try injection.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

#3343901 - 11/10/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:

These days I use a pump up sprayer (not hand pump, pump up you pump up first then flip the switch and fine mist comes out..used for plants often..and fat people on hot days)

:tongue2:

--------------------

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3345146 - 11/11/04 04:01 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Not that theres anything wrong with being a fat people..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3345199 - 11/11/04 04:18 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Comprehensive guys. I think it should be in the archive after you're done discussing this. :smile:

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation