Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMachmood
Stranger
Buying a Beginer kit
    #3340453 - 11/10/04 09:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have no knowldge of growing ANYTHING, was looking at 2 kits, the MYG usa kit, and the Frosh or sopg Scientific university kit. Right now i am not looking for anything big, just something where i can learn how weverything is done, and get a decent amount of mushrooms, nothing crazy. I am more intrested in learning and doing it correctly so in the future i can "mass produce". Which of these kits(or ne other ones) would be best, and any books the i should read, thanx alot, either respond here, PM me or prefrably Email me at Machmood869@aol.com(machmood869 on aim) thanx alot

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: Machmood]
    #3340460 - 11/10/04 09:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Go with the PF tek if you plan on learning. Even grain if you have a pressure cooker, although some would advise to stick to the pf tek. Search for pf tek for simple minds.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #3340463 - 11/10/04 09:22 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

welcome to the shroomery.
if you just want a few mushies for you and your friends go buy a growkit (www.azarius.net is a good vendor if u r in europe)

if you are interested to read,learn about how mushrooms grow etc go and do what this tek sais: http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3340469 - 11/10/04 09:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

elgr wrote:
Quote:

Go with the PF tek if you plan on learning. Even grain if you have a pressure cooker, although some would advise to stick to the pf tek. Search for pf tek for simple minds.

Best advice IMO. :thumbup:

Grow kits are a sham.  They cost more than they are worth and some people have problems with them.  I wouldn't want to waste that much money just to grow contams.

If you do the PF-Tek or grains you'll have enough substrate material left over after your first set of jars that you could do a second or third batch as well for only a fraction of the price.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3340475 - 11/10/04 09:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Grow kits are way more costly than just doing a pf tek grow. A grow bag on the other hand isn't too bad of an idea if your just going to do this a couple of times. But it sounds like you want to actually educate yourself on how to do this thing properly and expand in the future. I suggest you start out with the link that Hamurabi posted earlier. Then start reading about different techniques on the shroomery. Also dont be afraid to ask questions, everyone here started out right where you are now.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida USA
    #3340480 - 11/10/04 09:34 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Had I known about the shroomery before I spent my hard earned $800 on a kit, I never would have bought it!!!
All ya really need to do is start reading post after post in the forums here, and order some spores from one of the vendors here and along with a few things from Home Depot, you will have shrooms before ya know it!!!! :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :smile: :smile: :rasta: :rasta:

--------------------
The author of this lies more than the government and you should not believe anything he writes!

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: nu2mycology]
    #3340495 - 11/10/04 09:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thanx alot guys, i had my credit card in hand ready to spend money i didnt have on a kit, Not sure what this p tek is??? i havnt looked at your links yet but will right now. I def want to learn how to do everything instead of buy a kit n it does everything but then after the shrooms are gone im right where i started. I have absolutly no supplies and knowledge, where the hell do i start if i dont get a kit??

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3340515 - 11/10/04 09:45 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That link will cover what you will need to buy. Then start cruising this site and you will be set. Theres all sorts of information on this site to get you going. Look in places other than the message boards.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3340537 - 11/10/04 09:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Good place to start is under main menu here.  Mushroom info->Growing mushrooms->basic Tek.

I suggest you read the one called mushroom growers guide.  It explains mushroom life cycle and fundmentals of growing very well.  I still have the print out in my bathroom.

Basic Teks

After you read, don't order anything yet.  You'll want to make a lot of changes to it.  We'll help you with that.  Here's a sample of what is recommended
Tub in Tub(TnT) incubator by Magash
Poormans Pod(PMP) by Magash

There are few other information we'll give you once you aquaint yourself with the PF Tek.  And of course, over next few weeks, we'll be all over your questions and concerns. :wink:

Total cost would be around $150 for if you go all out and buy new.  If you get creative, you can knock that down to about $50 which would be enough to set you up for months with recurring bill of only about a ten dollars or so for expendables.  And yeah.. this way is a lot bigger grow if you want... or smaller grows for very long time.  Much much cheaper in the short and long run.

Also, using kits, you are basically limiting yourself in help.  Kits are designed to take a specific path to mushroom land.  And you are kinda on your own a lot of the stuff.

Anyways, Welcome to the shroomery and good luck!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: Sam1912]
    #3340544 - 11/10/04 09:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One more question, ive been looking and readigns stuff all morning and overwhelmed with a bunch of materials and terms i have no clue about, but real quik whats a good way going about buying spores-syringes, safely and protected. Dont wanna make an order and have people at my door a week later???

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3340560 - 11/10/04 10:08 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

As long as you aren't in CA or GA, it's legal.

Use a sponsor here.

http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

They are all extremely dependable.  Just use that credit card you were going to use earlier. :wink:  You can look for deals in the sponsor section of the forums.  They will guarantee viable and clean syringes.  But they only sell them for microscopy purposes, though it can be used for other things. :wink:

Also, let me answer the next set of questions that you'll be asking...

Go with any Ps cubensis strain.  They are all about the same.  Look is about the only thing you really see the difference with.  Pick the ones you like.  Just pick one or two or three or four. :wink:

Also, don't worry too much about jargons and acronyms.  You'll understand most of them when you read the tek I mentioned. :wink:

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: Buying a Beginer kit [Re: Sam1912]
    #3340696 - 11/10/04 11:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I would buy the books:

"Mushrooms for Morons" and

"The begginers guide to mass producing Magic"

Just kidding...

PF tek....no kits. You wont learn anything from kits really. Or not as much.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation