Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsykotic
Stranger

Quick Question
    #3340047 - 11/10/04 05:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm new at growing, but have read all of the teks/FAQ, and I don't know what I should do about my current situation. My mycelium has stopped or extremely slowed in growing after what appeared to be near completion. Also, many water droplets have appeared in every jar. I have loosened all of the jids and have set them out so they have sunlight. My question is, are these jars ruined or will the mycelium eventually continue growing? It's not a pool in the bottom, but it appears that a small bit of water is forming at the bottom of the jars. Sorry if this was mentioned before, but thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Quick Question [Re: Psykotic]
    #3340078 - 11/10/04 05:15 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

First off, put them back in the incubator away from light. Direct sunlight is detrimental and any light during incubation will promote pinning which means less vegetative growth which means myc growth will stop.

I don't think loosening jar lids are very good idea because you can have an accident or two. Just take the tapes off if you have them, keep the foil on loosely and flip the jars. The water droplets are probably myc piss. If there is excessive amount, especially around uncolonized areas, of myc piss, then hold the jars upside down and tap very gently to flush the some piss down to the layer of dry verm. If you don't have a lot, don't traumatize the cakes by tapping jars. If the bottom is the problem area, tap the jars holding upside down, so that the cake comes away from the glass surface. Then lay them on their sides and wait 3 days in the dark and check back on them. There are other things that can keep the myc from fully colonizing such as contamination. So, keep a close eye, but don't start second guessing or make up contam that doesn't exist.

After the growth slows, it takes a little time(1-3 days) to start growing out again. So, try to be patient.

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick Question [Re: Sam1912]
    #3340159 - 11/10/04 05:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If u weren't new at this i'd say you could chunk out the uncolonized parts, then crumble em and case with verm or whatever you choose...
How long have they been colonizing?

OfflinePsykotic
Stranger

Re: Quick Question [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #3341004 - 11/10/04 12:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks a bunch for the info. They've been growing for quite some time now, my quess is about 3+ weeks. Every jar was almost completely white, but it ended before totally being done/pinning began.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation