Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

astral travel
    #3323413 - 11/05/04 06:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hello. I would just like to ask what is the origin of astral travel, for how many years as it been opractised and by who has it been practised by. thnk you

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: astral travel [Re: BanJankri]
    #3323882 - 11/05/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Astral travel may be as old as humankind. Since time immemorium, shamans, mystical adepts, prophets, and sorcerers have claimed to be able to travel unbounded by the physical body into the subtle realms. I have experienced "astral travel" 1st with an injection of ketamine, later in life spontaneously while meditating, and a couple times willfully. I have also astral traveled while dreaming (not necessarily the same, but experientially similar). I think that modern man has strengthened his connection to the physical body as opposed to the "astral" body, making out-of-body experiences more difficult to achieve. There are many books and internet recources regarding different techniques, methods, etc. The common thread to these is that you are making a concerted effort to connect with one of your subtle bodies. When you do this, you can gradually immerse your consciousness into it, so that it acts as a vehicle. It takes time, effort, and the proper mind-set, but it will probably be worth it. If you don't actually succeed in separating your physical and astral selves, you will have discovered quite a bit about yourself and your true nature during the process, therefore, it is a worthwhile endeavor either way.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: astral travel [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3323978 - 11/05/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Astral travel our body is made, so we Astral travel in to it?
to be born is end of and Astral travel? hehe just venting one possibility out of many :confused:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: astral travel [Re: Gomp]
    #3325071 - 11/05/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

by who has it been practised by.

I believe this to some extend has been answered, from a historic point of view.

In modern times it has been and is being practiced by many. Some for enlightenment, some for fun, and a few for exploration.

I will say that once you have gained the ability, and exercised it, it becomes easier to do.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: astral travel [Re: Cyber]
    #3325093 - 11/05/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""by who has it been practised by.""

it has been practiced by the practice of it? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3326163 - 11/05/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Its how the indian became the eagle.

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral travel [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3326255 - 11/05/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

from what I know, astral is another dimension that exists. I believe it is the 5th dimension. The physical body has to be put to sleep before maybe what we call the "spiritual to the astral body" can go to the astral plane.

I have one question. my instructor told me that drugz was not a mean to reach the astral plane. I have some questions on that.

I have thus understood the difference between astral travel and lucid dreaming. but I have gone back to keeping a dream diary, trying to remembering my dreams, with the help of a mantra that activates chakra related to dreaming. I find it I am regaining this ability, which i used to practise a time ago.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinepolice
Stranger
    #3326689 - 11/06/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i thought it was how the indian became a bear

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
    #3330559 - 11/07/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

there was a thread on this recently, maybe it will help you.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3287276/an/0/page/2

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: astral travel [Re: lovelight]
    #3331234 - 11/07/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"with the help of a mantra that activates chakra related to dreaming"

care to share? sounds interesting

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral travel [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3332151 - 11/08/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well for the first exercise, which is same as I read in a few books related to lucid dreaming is keeping dream diary and remembering your dreams.
first of all, one of most important thing to keep in mind is before sleeping you should relax your physical body. you should try to relax all muscles in your body.
after you wake up, you should do as little movement as possible. if you have difficulties you should chant the mantra of "raom gaom" internally until it helps you remember.

lovelight I looked at the thread thank you. you mention that shamans used entheogen to sperate the physical body and the astral self using entheogens. there was this guy in class who asked this question as whether drugz was a means to achieve the end of astral travel and the answer he got was no. I will maybe mention this question to the instructor privately and with different wording and see what they think.

thanks to anyone who responded and interested. I will try to keep you up to date if I learn things which I would like to share.

boom

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3333099 - 11/08/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"raom gaom"

is that pronounced 'rom-gom' ? or Ray-om Gay-om or what? rowm Gowm?

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral travel [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3333846 - 11/08/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

raaaaohmmmmmm
gaaaohmmmm

also some background info on the meaning of ohm. it is taken from isratrance website from a thread

"Om, Aum, Ohm is a holy meditation symbol of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism (see graphic at top of page) with a profusion of esoteric and exoteric meanings. In modern usage Om means the Word, the ?parnava,? the eternal. Various accounts are given of its origin; one that it is the term of assent used by the gods, and probably an old contracted form of the Sanskirt word "evam" meaning "thus." The laws of the "Manu" say that the word was formed by Brahma himself, who extracted the letters "a" "u" "m" from the "Vedas," one from each; and they thus explain its mysterious power and sanctity. "Om" is also the name given by the Hindus to the spiritual sun, as opposed to "Sooruj," the natural sun.
The word is Sanskrit. It is pronounced at the beginning and end of every lesson in the "Veda" and it is also the introductory word of the "Puranas." It is said in the "Katha-Upanishad": "Whoever knows this syllable obtains whatever he wishes." This is because all words are said to be but various forms of the one sound, "om", according to the ?Upanishads." It represents the divine and the power of God. It is the sound-symbol for the ultimate reality.

The three "mantras" of A, U, M also represent the outer, the inner and the superconscient states of consciousness and the waking, dream and deep sleep states respectively. And beyond these is the modeless fourth state (a-matra), which is the Self, according to Advaiata. Another way of saying this is that Om is immortal and inexhaustible. It is the symbolic expression of the creative spirit, the Word (with reference to the three component sounds), the three human conditions (waking, dreaming, and deep sleep), the three times of day (morning, midday, evening), and the three faculties (action, cognition, volition).

The Om is also often referred to as the sound of the Earth?creation...the heart of existence. To become one with the sound of the Om, through visual meditation and sounding of the vibration, allows one to become one with the source of all...to become "realized"...a "master." This last perspective of ?Om? is how most westerners experience the ?Om? and why it is used as an ending to many New Age ceremonies and gatherings.

If you choose to experiment with this sound for your own meditation and realizations, be sure to resonate the word (long o??m?.) in the deepest range of your vocal register, with a single breath. Elongate the o with an open mouth and then vibrate the m through closed lips. Keep the repetition of the sound even in duration, breathing in between soundings. After doing this exercise for 10 minutes or so, you may wish to transform the OM to AUM (ah?ewe?m?) and note the effect after 10 more minutes. It also is helpful to visualize the symbol for OM while doing this, either with eyes closed or by looking at the symbol during a wide-eyed meditation. See the symbol as a ?seed? with each OM-AUM it grows inside you?until you become the OM-AUM. "
Flake_of_Freedom

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3333878 - 11/08/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

As nothing actually goes anywhere, astral travel is a misnomer.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: astral travel [Re: Swami]
    #3336965 - 11/09/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nothing goes anywhere in the physical plane. The traveler (his conciousness) travels through different landscapes in the astral realm. Even if the astral realm is entirely mental, you still travel through different locations within it. I dont think the term is a misnomer.

In fact, quantum physics would say that no matter where you go in this world (physical ) your not really going anywhere anyways, because all travel = 0. read an article about it once but thats off topic.

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: astral travel [Re: Swami]
    #3339741 - 11/10/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what do you mean swami, explain please

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3339938 - 11/10/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Don't encourage him. 

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: astral travel [Re: Jellric]
    #3339970 - 11/10/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have a great book on astral projection called Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. It covers more on astral traveling techniques and such than any book i've ever seen. I started practicing the easy exercises and got to the vibrations point on a few occasions but decided to stop the excersises to meditate more often. I believe meditation is the key to projecting your higher energy bodies, and travelling other planes of consciousness. When i feel i'm ready to explore the inner depths of existance, i'll know it.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Offlineforest2005
Stranger
Re: astral travel [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3418441 - 11/28/04 02:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the song Jet Pilot by System of a Down talks about a horse named Otto and he comits to astral travel.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: astral travel [Re: forest2005]
    #3420154 - 11/28/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I started having sleep paralysis experiences in the early 70's. Shortly after that I discovered Robert Monroe's book Journies Out of the Body and realized the vibrational state he was talking about must have been sleep paralysis, so I tried having an OOBE during one of these sleep paralysis experiences. I remember one day early in the morning just after the sun came up, I had a sleep paralysis experience and tried bringing my astral body hands out of my physical body and found that I was successful doing it. I could see these astral body hands to some extent and yet see through them at the same time. The edges of the astral body hands apparently bent light like the edges of a piece of glass (difference in refractive index) so I could see the edges of them. I could move them around while looking at them and they felt a lot like my physical hands. I found during sleep paralysis that I could open my eyes and control my breathing, but its hard to move. I tried speaking once during sleep paralysis and was able to say my brother's name one time to try to show him what I could do. He didn't hear me and I never got a chance to show this to anyone. I've read in one book (The Terror That Comes In the Night) about people who have sleep paralysis experiences and are able to open their eyes during it and even how some people discover them in this state with their eyes open.

Edited by Great_Satan (11/28/04 06:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom