Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerobbster
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
Hows this sound....
    #3339868 - 11/10/04 03:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, i have yet to actually cultivate mushrooms. If everything goes according to plan i will be starting on friday (suppose the spores get here).

I plan on doing the BRF Cakes with Verm. and Perilite; Just a few areas that i had questions on that i couldn't find through searches...

1) I just use a regular aquarium heater? How many watts? im thinking  50 watts should be good.

2) 90% humidity, 80 degrees F, 2" Perilite 1" H2O, Fan every 3-4 hours?

3a) If i use perilite to control my humidity do i need to mist the sides of the container or have an aquarium air system?

3b) If i need (or is recommended) an aquarium air system what size (or whats the equation) should i get? Im using just a rubbermade letter/legal size bin.

4) Where can i purchase Verm. and Perilite (Actual stores and websites)? Preferably actual stores.

5) How do i preserve syringes? how about prints? Im thinking just freeze um then thaw um out at room temp.

6) With this setup whats your guesstimate on the yield of these cakes? Im expecting (i know, expectations are premeditated resentments) approx. 3 - 3.5 grams / cake.

7) Will christmas lights placed approx. 3 inches above the container be sufficiant for lighting?

------------

Now i know that some of you are gonna flame me that i could search for some of these answers, but im still curious to what you think.

Any answers are greatly appreciated and have a trippy day.

+Robbster :crazy2: :syringe:

--------------------
- Robb

"This is the trip, this is the best part."
-Jim Morrison

Bio:
:cig: :stash: :beer: :mushroom2: :doggystyle:

First Grow Log

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRemi
Stranger

Re: Hows this sound.... [Re: robbster]
    #3339878 - 11/10/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa...

Offlinehungstruggling
Stranger
    #3339880 - 11/10/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

First off relax.

Offlinehungstruggling
Stranger
Re: Hows this sound.... [Re: hungstruggling]
    #3339888 - 11/10/04 03:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Second off read more basic teks..

and third DO NOT FREEZE YOUR FUCKING SYRINGE!! store it in the goddamn fridge, a COOL place, not in ice!!

Fourth... READ THE TEKS AGAIN!!

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Hows this sound.... [Re: hungstruggling]
    #3339889 - 11/10/04 03:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Use the 'Search' function - will probably help you find answers to almost every one of those questions :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3339997 - 11/10/04 04:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

robbster said:
Okay, i have yet to actually cultivate mushrooms. If everything goes according to plan i will be starting on friday (suppose the spores get here).
[/qutoe]

Welcome to shroomery!

Quote:

I plan on doing the BRF Cakes with Verm. and Perilite; Just a few areas that i had questions on that i couldn't find through searches...

You mean perlite in the jars?  Don't do that.  Use max fruiting formula.

1/4cup BRF
1/2cup verm
60cc water.

Quote:

1) I just use a regular aquarium heater? How many watts? im thinking  50 watts should be good.

For few bucks more get a bigger one.  Bigger is better when it comes to aquarium heaters.

Quote:

2) 90% humidity, 80 degrees F, 2" Perilite 1" H2O, Fan every 3-4 hours?

Try PMP.  It'll save you all that fanning and get much better results.  And yeah, you can use perlite in PMP.  I suggest 3" perlite, 1.5" water.
Poormans Pod(PMP) by Magash

Quote:

3a) If i use perilite to control my humidity do i need to mist the sides of the container or have an aquarium air system?

If you use perlite alone, you'll need to mist after fanning 3-5 times a day or more.  With PMP, neither is required.

Quote:

3b) If i need (or is recommended) an aquarium air system what size (or whats the equation) should i get? Im using just a rubbermade letter/legal size bin.

Now we are talking PMP.  Air pumps are rated in liters per hour.  For the simplicity, get an air pump that will move 2-3 times chamber volume per hour.  So, if your tub(pod) is 45qts, then you want a pump that does at least 90 lister per hour.

Here again, bigger is better, especially with casing.

Quote:

4) Where can i purchase Verm. and Perilite (Actual stores and websites)? Preferably actual stores.

Walmart, homedepot, lowes, k-mart, target, garden centers, some 99 cent stores...  You can call them and ask before you go there.

Quote:

5) How do i preserve syringes? how about prints? Im thinking just freeze um then thaw um out at room temp.

Just store in the fridge(not freezer) in a clean ziplock bag.
For long term storage take a print from your harvest.

Quote:

6) With this setup whats your guesstimate on the yield of these cakes? Im expecting (i know, expectations are premeditated resentments) approx. 3 - 3.5 grams / cake.

We won't discuss this now.  It's too hard tell.  We'll discuss this more as you get more informed and see how your grow goes and what setup you make.

Quote:

7) Will christmas lights placed approx. 3 inches above the container be sufficiant for lighting?

Yes, but you have to make a plastic window or something like that if you have an opaque lid or semi-transparent.  Don't light them from the sides. 

Now go read some more. :wink:

Good Luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinerobbster
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
Re: Hows this sound.... [Re: Sam1912]
    #3340960 - 11/10/04 12:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks Sam.

now i know i sound lost as a tadpole in a shark tank, but i think i got a fairly decent grasp on the whole thing i just wanted to make sure of a few things.

--------------------
- Robb

"This is the trip, this is the best part."
-Jim Morrison

Bio:
:cig: :stash: :beer: :mushroom2: :doggystyle:

First Grow Log

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation