Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIrishGuy
The Mean Green

Loc: The bottom of Time
Weed Or Shrooms?
    #3339076 - 11/09/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

In your utmost humble opinion are SHROOMS better than WEED? If this is true, than why? I have tried WEED a many a times before and althought it has been some very fun times and sometimes fufilling, i find that it is lacking in some properties... anyways

:rastamon: or  :mushroom2: ?... why

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: IrishGuy]
    #3339118 - 11/09/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think either are better or worse. I prefer mushrooms, but think weed is equally powerful (and essential) If you had to give up one or the other which would you give up?

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: reflectedlight]
    #3339384 - 11/09/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I had to choose between mushrooms and ganja, I would definately go with mushrooms. It's the best experience in the world to me.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineDUBS
Trippin' Mofo

#3339474 - 11/09/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I HAD to choose between the the two I would pick mary jane, jus because I smoke everyday but only shroom every few months or so. But like mentioned before I don't think one is better or worse, but insteand both satisfying in their own way and of course very satisfying when combined. =p

--------------------
Don't drink and drive, smoke weed and fly!

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: DUBS]
    #3339486 - 11/09/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

But doesn't much "modern" weed suck ? Oh to get it out of Thailand!

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: Silverwolf]
    #3339540 - 11/09/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
But doesn't much "modern" weed suck ? Oh to get it out of Thailand!

what is "modern" weed? and if anything, the most recent strains are higher in THC than ever, and most definitely don't suck.  thailand grows some decent ganja, but i don't think it can compare to some of the insane sativa being grown here in the west  :stoned:  toke up buddy.  i'm not going to choose shrooms or weed cause barring an act of god, we will never have to choose between the two.  that would be a heart wrenching decision, both are amazing in their own way.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3339663 - 11/10/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Don't care for weed so much. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and respect it, and have smoked countless times. It's just not for me. I don't find it enjoyable in the way other people do.

I think mushrooms have a lot more to offer to me personally. If I did enjoy weed more, I'd classify it in the same group as alcohol. It can be tons of fun, but by the end of the day I don't think it teaches me anything except the occaisional, "Man, Cheetos taste really really great." But thats just me, definately not trying to diss weed. If it made me feel the way it does others, I'm sure I'd enjoy it more. Still, would be second to shrooms probably.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3339736 - 11/10/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't say either is better than one or the other, as everything on earth is equal to me. I have much respect for marijuana, but mushrooms are something else.......enlightening? Actually, mushrooms have tought me enough (meditation), so i guess i'd give up shrooms. If i quit smoking, who knows, i might become a right wing rebublican!!! But, if i gave up shrooms, i'd find myself pondering eating them all the time. I guess i could trip on other substances, like DMT (which i would definitely keep if i was in a situation like this, DMT or pot). DMT is so WONDEROUS AND PROFOUND!!!

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #3340748 - 11/10/04 09:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well I dont think you can compare the two, execpt saying its 2 drugs :smirk:
Dont think shrooms will be anything like pot, you'll be surprised to say the least. Shrooms are so much more powerfull and intense.
If I had to choose, Id go with shrooms all the way, even if I smoke everyday and I shroom only 2 or 3 times a year.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: Gus]
    #3341928 - 11/10/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

apples to oranges

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: thegnomeking]
    #3342002 - 11/10/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thegnomeking said:
apples to oranges

Mhm, that's what I thought. While mushrooms can provide me with infinite knowlege and spiritual understanding, I can go out and smoke a joint if I'm bored, or smoke a joint when I looking for a really good experience. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick marijuana.
Although I respect the mushroom just a little bit more than I do cannabis. They're both marvels and too many people don't understand them, nor respect them as much as they should. Especially marijuana.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Weed Or Shrooms? [Re: browndustin]
    #3342035 - 11/10/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yea I agree on the marijuana browndustin.  Everyone seems to look at it like the dirt of all substances, when in fact it's one of the more beautiful ones.

Not only is it hard to build up tolerance, it's also not really addicting, it stimulates thought, it can increase focus on whatever you're doing, or it can completely fuck with you if you do not respect it.  I have found that out first hand by smoking myself out rather than conservatively smoking and getting to a nice happy high ... rather I had to be stupid and black myself out twice, smash my head off a toaster and break a shelf off a guy's wall, and beat my chin off of cement.. not a great way to learn, but let's just say I learned lady Mary J's lesson after that and am now a bit more responsible when it comes to this wonderful herb.

Mushrooms are also equally as beautiful and should be respected, though I have been known to do doses higher than what some people think are safe... in my opinion though I am still respectful of the magic in the mushrooms.  It's people that do them at parties or in unsafe settings that show great disrespect for mushrooms.

Granted most people here at the shroomery can grasp this type of respect for the great substances that we have been blessed with on this planet, and all of you do such a great job informing others, me being one of them. 

Love, respect, intelligence, and moderation are the key to successfully dosing on any substance safely and responsibly.

Five shrooms to you all :smile:

:thumbup:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag