Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsychedelicatessen
why?why?why?why?why?
 User Gallery

Hows my first casing look?
    #3339632 - 11/10/04 02:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is NOT a jar. Its a plastic containter holding 1 halfpint of B+ sub with a ~1/6" verm only casing. 2 days into incubation, myc broke threw the casing in a few spots so it patched it and put it back into incubation...2 days later and here it is...the myc doesnt look really bright white except for one spot if you look closely at the pic...the myc (if it is indeed myc) looks clear. Is this because theres too much humidity??? Maybe I should fan more?

My main question is...Is this casing OK n ready to be put into my pmp??? Also, if you look at the pic of the underside of the container, you will see that it isnt FULLY re-colonized (alot of uncolonized crumblage ont he sides too that you cant see in pic)...Do I HAVE to wait for full re-colonization before I put into pmp, or just once it breaks through the casing evenly?

Thanks alot!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Hows my first casing look? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3339633 - 11/10/04 02:20 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Where's the picture?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

why?why?why?why?why?
 User Gallery

Re: Hows my first casing look? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3339640 - 11/10/04 02:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

K, uploaded. Sorry.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3339676 - 11/10/04 02:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

While you are posting the pic, let me give you some pointer.

Don't fan during incubation.  1/6" is fairly think casing.  It's main purpose is water supply...  you can do better than 1/6" for sure. :wink:

You don't patch the white growth right away.. well you do, but I wouldn't.  I let them grow out a bit to first decide IF I'm going to patch.  Then second, when and how I'm going to patch.  Once you expose it to light, you are risking knotting, so you shouldn't let it incubate for too long before patching for fruiting.  Once I decide to patch(I patch most of the time with few hours of first peek at around 3 days) I sprinkle very very lightly over light growth and just barely thicker over rhyzomorphic growths.

There is a debate over whether to incubate or fruit after that.  I incubate for another 24 hours and then coldshock.  I think a lot of people including hyphae start fruiting right after patching without coldshock.  I think either way works well, but each method requires different type of finese.

As for your case, you have to decide if you are going to coldshock or not.  You can just put that in the fruiting chamber and let the momentum carry you through.  I think 1/6th is very think layer and it might be better if you coldshock it to take a better control.  When I coldshock, I have few myc poking through throughout the casing.  Just barely though.  Because even with coldshock, you'll still get some growth.

Anyways.. show me the picture!!  picture!!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3339709 - 11/10/04 02:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It looks good.  couple of things...  Don't patch that next time.  That's almost dead even growth.  You should coldshock for about 12 hours and fruit it.

Also, next time, try 60/40 or 50/50+.  It works so much better.  And grind that verm up to fine grade(<1mm avg) before you use it for casing.(in any casing mix, even just straight verm)  It'll hold a lot more water in fine grade.

That myc looks a little light, make sure you wait 2-4 days(that looks like pint or larger, wait at least 4 days) after outside is fully colonized.  I'm sure you are okay with that casing though.  But try not to depend on luck. :wink:

Good luck

Sam

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3339720 - 11/10/04 02:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Just need to add... good job on even casing. Most of us patch because we don't quite get what you got the first time around.

Sam

--------------------

why?why?why?why?why?
 User Gallery

#3339773 - 11/10/04 02:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No no...after 2 days of incu there were 3-4 main peeking spots...I patched the 2 thicker ones...this pic was taken 2 MORE days after the patching....now I look at the pic and I cant even tell where I patched.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Hows my first casing look? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3339777 - 11/10/04 02:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That's good.  Start fruiting. :wink:  Good Job:)

Sam

--------------------

why?why?why?why?why?
 User Gallery

#3351856 - 11/12/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Still no pins :smile: not even on my cake which has been in my pmp for roughly a week longer then the casing :frown:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation