Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
stopping drink?
    #3332201 - 11/08/04 03:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

man ive looked into meetings and such for a bit and havnt managed to talk myself into it. anyone got a good way to stop drinking? things that got ya goin to meetings? jsut found myself drinking a stupid large amount and contemplating driving...gotta stop. any pointers? wasnt there a support/addiction forum somewhere?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: stopping drink? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3332207 - 11/08/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

they only changed the name, it's this forum

read this post about what I had to say about alcohol addiction:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=support&Number=3246661&

I hope you mage to quit man, it's a sucky addiction. The only way to quit is really wanting to and you need to be really strong.

good luck and go for it! :heart:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: stopping drink? *DELETED* [Re: stefan]
    #3333308 - 11/08/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by stefan

Reason for deletion: double

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: stopping drink? [Re: stefan]
    #3333667 - 11/08/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

cool thanks man.  i have realised taht i do drink a fair bit and as is the case almost evertime the day after (today) i see the shit ive done.  anyway not so proud and gets depressing afterwards.  dotn even liek drinking, i used to think it was jsut a lack of pot that i drank...lame excuse.  anyway id prefer not to get family friends involved and ive considered droping a couple friends as tehir habits are getting very bad.  thats the main reason i dont go to AA.  was concidering jsut stopping asap on going away for a week or so somewhere i cant be tempted or think about it.

so ya got any experience/suggetsions?

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3334945 - 11/08/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking. Meetings are a place where you will feel a higher power, a sense of security, and a sense of belonging. Ive been off the sauce for some time now, and I still go to meetings 4 times a week, and I call my sponser every night. Im not huge in the program, I kind of just three step it, cause thats whats important.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: stopping drink? [Re: Jim]
    #3335089 - 11/08/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

wow man. 4 times a week not active? whats the normal schedual? im thinking calling them after this weekend (3 birthdays this week...not a good time to start to stop). anyway its a thing i want to keep to myself in day to day life so i have been holding off. anyway i geuss im thinking this is like a detox which it isnt from the people ive talkin to. if its a casual type thing im down, cant do the whole "hosptial" type gig.

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

#3335943 - 11/09/04 02:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it is a good time to stop.. there are goign to be reasons to drink every week, you'll see....
now you can test how strong you are. you'll be really proud of yourself when you haven't had  a drink on all 3 those bd's :thumbup:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3335954 - 11/09/04 02:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Stefan is right, you will always find another reason to have a drink. If you feel the urge to attend the meetings I'd say follow up on it.

I was ordered to attend some AA meetings by my probation officer who is doing it mainly to cover her ass. I was not looking forward to it- I pictured a bunch of people sitting in a tight circle of chairs and baring their souls and weeping- it was nothing like that. Just normal people sitting around a table. There was coffee and it was very casual- you didn't have to talk if you didn't want to. No pressure at all.

If you're thinking about going on your own I think that's very commendable and I hope you do go to at least one meeting to see what it's like and get your feet wet.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: stopping drink? [Re: Jellric]
    #3338645 - 11/09/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes i see what you mean. there is always a reason. last night was a bad night but i told myself and my buddy i will be the dd for his bday. so now that there is some responsibility with it thats not gonna be a problem. but my friends 19th (legal age here) is on saturday..and well its sort of tradition for us to go to a strip club and get our buddy wasted that night. after that it will be solid effort not to drink. im calling tomarow to see if i need to book or drop in or what.

thansk for the suggestions guys, makes AA look a WAY better than i thought. i got that teste cancer groud from fight club scene in my head.

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3339479 - 11/09/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey kadakuda,
You can get past this! Seems like you have lots of interests. There are many things that you could do which are productive and positive to get your mind off of drinking. I would just suggest spending some time doing things that interest you and talking about it helps too.
Havent seen ya on aol in a while.. IM me sometime, good luck.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineyumyumdoodoo
Stranger
Re: stopping drink? [Re: eris]
    #3339721 - 11/10/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

stop going out altogether

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: stopping drink? [Re: yumyumdoodoo]
    #3339820 - 11/10/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I hate puppets..puppets,,,xmay puppets!!

Edited by skunk78395 (11/10/04 01:12 AM)

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3339960 - 11/10/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

im calling tomarow to see if i need to book or drop in or what

You won't have to make an appointment- people just drop in whenever they have one scheduled. (Which should be almost every day/night of the week unless you live in the boonies). When you get there they'll probably give you a schedule of when they have their meetings.

I went to my second one tonight. (Both lasted exactly one hour). I didn't like it as much as the first one mainly because there were way more people than my first one. And this old guy who I think must have been gay kept trying to hug me. But overall the meetings are a pretty comfortable experience. :thumbup:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3339987 - 11/10/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wtf? did I write that, need to quit being drunk,,..I need to analize my beer problem with natural remidies,,,

Edited by skunk78395 (11/10/04 02:40 AM)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

#3340158 - 11/10/04 03:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

and well its sort of tradition for us to go to a strip club and get our buddy wasted that night.

stay sober and enjoy watching your friend getting wasted :thumbup: :grin:

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3340203 - 11/10/04 04:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man, I went through the same thing with alcohol. I started drinking when I was 12 years old and continued doing it up until this past year when I turned 18. A lot of people start around my age, but I quit. It was hard because I loved the feeling and the atmosphere I was in everytime I drank. I decided to quit for health reasons though. The way I overcame it was to not put myself around it. Obviously it might be a bit different for you because I cant buy alcohol. Anyway, I would tell my friends that I couldnt go to a party, or I would just completely ignore them. It took a toll on the friendships but they understood in the end. Also, you have to have a reason to quit. Not just any reason though, but a compelling reason that means a lot to you. Find something that you cant do, or dont like, when you drink and if it means more to you than alcohol you will have your incentive. I hope you win the battle my friend.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: stopping drink? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3340243 - 11/10/04 05:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes i found out ti was drop in today.  that is very nice.  its about an hours drive each way to teh closest one that i know of so it will probably be a weekly thing.

and ya eris, this is actually the reason i havnt been on.  teh cool thing is when i was mushroom picking i wasnt thinking of it at all, until i got to the stand and he had beer and hot dogs.

ya aaron im like you.  started drinking young, not that young tho, jsut cause it was fun and the thing to do.  never really seemed to be a problem till i did a good think about my life.  ive lost a couple friends, failed high school, crashed my car (which im not going to admit being intoxicated) which led to my loss of job, missed countless appointments and family events etc.  so now its sorta been a huge wake up call.  although im still into psychedelics i dont find myself addicted to anything but alcohol (also the reason i stay away from opiates).

i tried using budd as a means to quite as it did help me quite smoking, but that was a miserable failure.  ended up being stoned tehn getting pasties and getting shit faced.  turned out to be worse than jsut drinking.  for anyone contemplating it, it sure can make things a way harder.  but if it works for some than great.

anyway i dont want to drink anymore, at least like i do, so im thinking it will be easier than most have to deal with.  my new years resolution starts on nov 14th :smile:  thanks for the help guys, very much appreciated.  i dont want to sound snti-drug or anything cause i do believe it has its legitimate place in teh world, just like everything shouldnt be abused.

tomarow i will sober up and stay so till the party and that shall be the last drink.

--------------------

Offlinedistortion
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
    #3350803 - 11/12/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I need to stop drinking also. I passed out and crashed my car into a tree drunk driving 3 months ago and it's a miracle I'm still alive and unhurt from it. Being my stupid self, I drank and drove again last week and jumped a curb and blew a tire and drove a mile on the rim so the cops wouldnt catch me although they did anyways. I don't know if theyre going to take my liscence until I'm 21, or just extend my probation or what...

It really is hard to quit drinking, especially when I get upset/ angry/ depressed. Or when all of my friends are sitting around drinking beer except me. I feel too out of place being the only one sober, I'm quiet enough as it is (social anxiety), it makes me feel even more so when I am the only one sober... Why did the government have to make THIS the legal drug, instead of marijuana? Everytime I drink I can't stop from drinking way too much and then I always do something to make a negative impact on my life like bitch at my friends over nothing or crash my car or do something embarrassing that I may or may not remember the next day. Ironic, after realizing all of this it is still so difficult to stop drinking......... :frown:

--------------------
Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
    #3352783 - 11/12/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i've got two advice...find a new distraction or find an online forum /support group (if there isn't one around near you, physically speaking.

OfflineSpongerock
Stranger
    #3355992 - 11/13/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

protip: pull your head out of your ass and think about someone other than yourself...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals