Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelunaveggy
Stranger
overnight spontaneous growth?
    #3339055 - 11/09/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you want to cut to the chase, cut to the last paragraph and photo.

So I've had a rocky start to my first grow.

I over - inoculated my jars, forcing me to inject inferior spores (watby) into half of them which either didn't colonize at all or were contaminated.

Then I thought they were all done for, as they were seriously dried out, but being a nube, I thought they were all contaminated, and was ready to throw my box out the window.

After some wonderful advice from this forum, for which I can't be thankful enough, I dunked and rolled them, and they made a wonderful recovery, showing fluffy growth

unfortunately, 2 out of the 6 survivors were contaminated with an unknown pink substance.

So the remaining 4 have been sitting in the box doing nothing, really, with 14 hours of light, 98 percent humidity, and a good, solid mid 70s range temp at all times.

This morning, instead of turning on the light, I had to unplug the heater and pile belongings over the box as my landlord was coming over. They went without heat or light until around 4.

And this is what I found :

they could have sprung up anytime between last night and 4 this afternoon, as I forgot to uncover them before I left

I find it odd, though, that they popped out all of a sudden so huge.

There's not as much water dripping down the sides, either, but according the the digihygro, it's still at 98.

Is this weird?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: overnight spontaneous growth? [Re: lunaveggy]
    #3339069 - 11/09/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

no, thats what pins do.. 24 hours is a long time for them. it has also been said they grow better in the dark, some people give them only 4 hours of light. they only need the light to know up.

Edited by lesstutrey (11/09/04 08:47 PM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: overnight spontaneous growth? [Re: lunaveggy]
    #3339072 - 11/09/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Not really, spontaneous growth isn't real, something caused something to boom and that's what happened and be careful with that pink contam. i've heard that it's really bad for your health to breath in the spores it lets out, sry about ur bad luck...but...gl next time

Offlinelunaveggy
Stranger
Re: overnight spontaneous growth? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3339366 - 11/09/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh, I know it wasn't literally spontaneous, just I was so surprised that yesterday there was nothing and then somehting so substantial appeared.

I wonder if it was the dark, I started giving them more light because someone posted giving them 14 hrs helped, and mine were coming along so slow...

Either that or the temp drop from having the heater off during the day..

Regardless, thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale