Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. *Rebuttal added*
    #3338349 - 11/09/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks to whoever came up with this. I was having a hard time keeping a constant temp with the T in T. Plus it was a pain in the ass to adjust the temp. This fixed both of those problems.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Edited by ymhrswrider (11/09/04 07:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3338351 - 11/09/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

maybe you can post a link to the original heatbonb thread :confused:

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3338352 - 11/09/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No it doesen't.

You just didn't have your tub in tub setup correctly.

To elaborate, the heatbomb is just working for you better because you didn't have your tub in tub setup correctly. :wink:

The reason the TiT is better is because it provides even heat all around the jars. The heatbomb is certainly much better than nothing, but it does not provide an even heat.

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: Cornelius]
    #3338362 - 11/09/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I just got a TinT working and it's stabalized at 83-84 degrees - I'm extremely happy with it so far....Today I inoculated some jars and will be testing a heated incubation chamber out for the first time - I'm dying to see the difference in colonization time

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: Cornelius]
    #3338500 - 11/09/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My TiT stays at 85-86 no matter what, my jars were fully colonized in 6 days...be carefull about calling something "better" then something else. The TiT is the best thing going, unless you dont know how to apply it. Dont turn newbs off to an awsome technique because you did something wrong.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3338518 - 11/09/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

now come on guys it also depends on your situation. if your short on space and case a heat bomb is infact better than the tnt but otherwise i would go with the tnt. so it all depends on how you have to have your set up. you can easily put a heatbomb in a dresser droor and have a stealth set up and plus theres no water to change and add to and spill, so it is a good tek but only if you dont have the space or funds to build a tnt.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: KyKid]
    #3338529 - 11/09/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

But in those situations you can't compare it to the TnT in the first place.

He said that he replaced his Tnt with the heatbomb. The only way the heatbomb could be better than the TnT in that situation is if he didn't have it setup correctly.

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: discman1]
    #3338539 - 11/09/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, sorry i see exactly what you guys are saying, i just wasn't reading careful enough. My Bad

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: KyKid]
    #3338560 - 11/09/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you have it sitting on the cold floor, like in a basement, the fish tank heater for tit has a really hard time keeping up.

dont buy the cheapest heater possible, i got the middle priced one and it works great!

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3338654 - 11/09/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

discman1 said:
No it doesen't.

You just didn't have your tub in tub setup correctly.

To elaborate, the heatbomb is just working for you better because you didn't have your tub in tub setup correctly. :wink:

The reason the TiT is better is because it provides even heat all around the jars. The heatbomb is certainly much better than nothing, but it does not provide an even heat.

I couldn't have said it better Bro!!! :thumb"up:
BTW the "heat bomb has been around for years :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: hyphae]
    #3338703 - 11/09/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

u need a water pump to circulate in order to get a good, even heat in the TiT, i hear....

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3338820 - 11/09/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Beg to differ guys. The house deviates in temp up to 10 deg during the day. Even with water flowing and the T in T set up correctly, the water that encases the first container will transfer temp changes very well. That's why a thermos has air in between the out side and inside walls, not water. I should have elaborated some. With the outside air temp changing so much, it would have took another sensor to turn the heater on and off or constant figiting with the temp control. With the heatbomb, I kept the same setup axept that I replaced the water with a fluffy ass towel that insulates against temp changes MUCH better. As long as you keep a bit of space between the HB and your jars, you get a very even, very constant temp. Plus, the temp control is right at your fingertips and the whole setup weighs about 20lbs less.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3338827 - 11/09/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a good idea, when i got some funds ill try that out, till then, old fashioned style heatin pad lol

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3338865 - 11/09/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said:
u need a water pump to circulate in order to get a good, even heat in the TiT, i hear....

I've used a TnT for years without any circulation or uneven heating issues at all, you see this small area heats rather efficiently IME. I've used it in a 55-65F. basement and the heater only comes on when the temp drops. "heatbomb" heats jars close warmer than jars farther away thats why the sealed pickle jar heaters are inferior to the TnT's that may be why the commercial incubators work so much like a TnT rather than a "HeatBomb" which may definitely have it's uses (stealth) :wink:

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3338908 - 11/09/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ymhrswrider said:
Beg to differ guys. The house deviates in temp up to 10 deg during the day. Even with water flowing and the T in T set up correctly, the water that encases the first container will transfer temp changes very well. That's why a thermos has air in between the out side and inside walls, not water. I should have elaborated some. With the outside air temp changing so much, it would have took another sensor to turn the heater on and off or constant figiting with the temp control. With the heatbomb, I kept the same setup axept that I replaced the water with a fluffy ass towel that insulates against temp changes MUCH better. As long as you keep a bit of space between the HB and your jars, you get a very even, very constant temp. Plus, the temp control is right at your fingertips and the whole setup weighs about 20lbs less.

Apparently you are not familiar with a TnT the temp fluctuation is minimal the water stays at the preset temp reguardless of exterior temps (within reason) Ya see thats how your aquarium works also :wink: I'll recommend it (TnT) to serious growers everytime to all others I'll recommend just a warm spot and maybe the heatbomb/sealed pickle jar. GL guys

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3338960 - 11/09/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ymhrswrider said:
Beg to differ guys. The house deviates in temp up to 10 deg during the day. Even with water flowing and the T in T set up correctly, the water that encases the first container will transfer temp changes very well.

Huh??? Isn't that the whole point?

The temperatures inside your house do not matter. If your heater is adequate and accurate, it will keep the water at the temperature needed to keep the inside of the 2nd tub at 86?F.

I'm betting that this is your problem. Your first mistake was using a heater without an external thermostat. Did you also get one without an external thermal probe? If so, that is your problem.

Quote:

That's why a thermos has air in between the out side and inside walls, not water.

Thermoses don't have air inbetween. I do believe it is a vacuum, either that or some other inert gas that insulates better.

Quote:

I should have elaborated some. With the outside air temp changing so much, it would have took another sensor to turn the heater on and off or constant figiting with the temp control.

Again, what? The outside air temps do not matter. That's the whole purpose of having a heater with its own thermostat. Did you buy a heater without an external sensor? You can't expect a heater that has the sensor built in to operate a TnT correctly.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3339503 - 11/09/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

water pump?  no no.  It's called natural circulations.. They run nuclear submraines off natural circulaions in quiet mode. :wink:  You know.. warm water rises and cold water falls... naturally.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: Sam1912]
    #3339563 - 11/09/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever I guess. I thought I had my T in T done up just like the teks said. For whatever reason I've had better luck keeping things in check with the HB. The heater I had had a thermostat that would shut it off at a certain temp but I would still have large fluctuations in temp between the cold nights and the warm days that has been cleared up by using the HB. I must have done somthing wrong. Oh well, whatever works. And I guess don't listen to me fellow newbies.

--------------------

Edited by ymhrswrider (11/10/04 12:58 AM)

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3339588 - 11/10/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you have large temp fluctuations with TnT, use more water. Water has very high specific heat.

Also... try using a larger heater. Smaller heaters can't deal with so much heat loss during cold nights. Larger 200W heater(or more) is what I recommend for room temp lower than 65F. I know this because I have 3 large aquariums.

Also, some brand of heater have a slightly larger range than others for on and off setting. Check the instruction. This is where that 30day satisfaction guarantee comes in handy.

If you are like me, you can get a lot of heaters for cheap($2 for used heaters at smaller tropical fish stores). In which case, you can double up the heaters.

Right now, my incubator runs solid at 84+-.5F and all my terrariums 72F and 75F+-1F. But my whole house is heated/AC to maintain around 70F, which make things more consistent.

Heat bomb isn't a new concept. But TnT is much better and stable because of large volume of water(water has high specific heat which make it stable).

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineacidblue
when soundbecomes colour
 User Gallery
Re: The 'HeatBomb' works better than the tub in tub. [Re: Sam1912]
    #3426386 - 11/30/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

both ways operate on convection, although it seems like the heatbomb might need forced convection (a fan), since the surface area is less

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom