Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMOoKie
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Kid]
    #332680 - 06/02/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

***Just because China is bigger doesn't make the US a small country.***

No it doesn't, but the population of the US is dwarfed by China. China has 363,050,980 men available for military service, the United States has a population about a hundred million less then that. Armed citizenry would be needed if China ever did go to war with us.

***I know to respect knives, scissors ("don't run with scissors"), ice picks, guns, gasoline, etc. I still want to kill people. My respect for a weapon has no direct effect on my likelihood to commit homicide.***

That's you though. You can't take one example and count it as a whole. Switzerland has more guns per capita then any where in the world, they also have one of the lowest murder rates. They're taught about guns at a very early age.

Most people also think murder is wrong, you're kind of in a minority.

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: MOoKie]
    #332949 - 06/03/01 07:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

> That's you though. You can't take one example and count it as a whole. Switzerland has more guns per capita then any where in the world, they also have one of the lowest murder rates. They're taught about guns at a very early age.

True, but I still remain skeptical as to the cause-effect relation between many guns and few murders.

> Most people also think murder is wrong, you're kind of in a minority.

I can't deny that. ;-)

InvisibleHarry_Ballsonia
journeyman
Loc: Florida
    #333828 - 06/04/01 06:27 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I could be wrong so please correct me but isn't saying that you want to commit a homocide on the internet conspiracy to commit murder?

There are 2 things in life i enjoy....sex and ah?....well one thing i guess.............................

--------------------
There are 2 things in life i enjoy....sex and ah?....well one thing i guess.............................

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Harry_Ballsonia]
    #333891 - 06/04/01 08:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Desire to commit murder is not intent. Nor is discussing desire to commit murder by any means conspiracy to commit murder.

InvisibleHarry_Ballsonia
journeyman
Loc: Florida
    #333935 - 06/04/01 09:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Then why do people in high school who express the desire to kill usually get kicked out? or worse yet get busted for conspiracy?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: augustwest]
    #334147 - 06/04/01 02:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

China i smaller than the US in area that's what i was refering to. America is not a SMALL country. Third largest. Canada and russia are bigger.

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Harry_Ballsonia]
    #334149 - 06/04/01 02:44 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Because people over-react.

Look, the bare bones of it is that if I walk around saying, "Boy I'd like to kill a human being." That's not a crime.

if I were to say, "I'd like to kill {persons x, y and z}." That's probably a "grey area" that the high school kids you're referring to ventured into.

If I were to say, "I am going to kill {person X}." That is a crime.

Either way I am not in high school and have no concern for ridiculous American high school politics. Oh yeah, and those kids usually have their charges dropped. They'd only get nailed for conspiracy if a "hit list" was found because (apparently) that prooves conspiracy to commit murder.

I want to kill people, please leave me alone.

Also, you could be taking it out of context. I've expressed a desire to kill people, but not necessarily as the crime murder. It'd be in my best interest to kill people legally (in war or as an executioner). No crime there.

Edited by Kid on 06/04/01 04:45 PM.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#335197 - 06/05/01 01:17 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

*****It'd be in my best interest to kill people legally (in war or as an executioner)*****

I like the Executioner example. Tell me do you need help? Because I know a lot of idiots that need a nice relaxing "drawn and quartered"

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Innvertigo]
    #336835 - 06/07/01 06:39 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

> Tell me do you need help?

Yeah can you help me with my math homework?

Actually the best way to kill people would be to become a judge in the US. Then I could sentence people to death and still be respected. People would say that I'm a "good man", but really I'd just be killing people with my judgements which are simply plausable lies.

Edited by Kid on 06/07/01 08:45 AM.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#336847 - 06/07/01 07:17 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Unfortunatly i don't respect judges.....they're just layers that told better lies to get where they are.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #336857 - 06/07/01 07:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

> Unfortunatly i don't respect judges.....

Unfortunately for who?

http://www.hal-pc.org/~rcanup/sap.html

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#337022 - 06/07/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Unfortunatly because in theory a judge sounds like a great idea, but with them being affiliated with specific parties it is sad what they have become.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineKriz
old hand

Loc: Chicago
    #338065 - 06/11/01 02:49 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Actually america is not the third largest in either land mass nor population. Russia, Antartica, and Canada for land mass (atleast, if not more) and China, India, and Brazil, for population (again.. atleast.)

~Kriz

for a good time call (847)255-0350 ask for Kriz... i'm hot and ready for action...

(yes my real phone number)

--------------------
for a good time call (847)255-0350 ask for Kriz... i'm hot and ready for action...

(yes my real phone number)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Kriz]
    #338162 - 06/11/01 06:05 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry your wrong look at this website:

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

Brazil has less of a population at 172,860,370 while the U.S. has 270,000,000 people. Antarctica is approx 1.5 times the U.S. but Antarctica is a continent, not a country. Some countries have claimed land in antarctica. The U.S. have reseved right to claim land there as well as many other countries.

Edited by Innvertigo on 06/11/01 11:07 AM.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineKAL
Stranger
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Solo]
    #338215 - 06/11/01 07:49 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

The story ends with this - guns are here to stay - there is no getting rid of em. Like heroin, alcohol and republicans. No getting rid of em.

You make em illegal, then the blackmarket will merely respond by flooding them into america illegally.

Criminals are gonna somehow get guns whether they are legal or not.

Either way you lose.

The only way this "problem" can be solved, is by proper firearm education, and by proper I don't mean "this is the trigger - you pull it - gun goes boom".

I personally don't see the point of guns as they are merely tools for murder of some sort or another, but society wants em. Whatcha gonna do?! The sheep have spoken, big brother gonna listen . . .

OfflinePlanet Asia
addict
Re: Myths about gun control [Re: KAL]
    #338839 - 06/12/01 01:24 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

im willing to bet most of u who are so against guns have never had to spend time in a bad area....otherwise u would know that there are times when u wish u had a gun.
nuff said

--------------------
answers, theyre never out of question

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Myths about gun control [Re: Planet Asia]
    #338951 - 06/12/01 06:41 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You have to remember that alot of the people on this site live in a Utopian society (in their minds) that was taught to them by their Utopian parents. I'd give them one Staurday night on the East side of Detroit and ask them if they want a gun..that's if they survive.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #339026 - 06/12/01 09:47 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

you're a fucking idiot sometimes.

I don't live in a utopian society. My city's not the safest city at night. I like to go downtown all hours of the night. I like going to unsafe parks in the middle of the night. Sometimes it can be scary. I don't wish I had a gun. The only thing that comforts me is the knowledge that the other guy probably doesn't have a gun, so if he wants to do something, he has to get real close.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#339051 - 06/12/01 10:58 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

"you're a fucking idiot sometimes. "

tsk tsk tsk....Am i making you mad?..or is it that i'm right? I'll try to avoid getting personal with you because your not worth it.

"I don't live in a utopian society"

Did i say YOU do? I said there are many who, in their mind, think it is possible. Man talk about a guilty conscience..SHESSHH.

"The only thing that comforts me is the knowledge that the other guy probably doesn't have a gun, so if he wants to do something, he has to get real close"

Well the only thing that comforts me is that when a loser criminal wants to kill me he will have to decide whether or not i have a gun and could i kill him. And i'm sure in your "society" the criminals wouldn't have guns either...that my friend is very naive!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #339077 - 06/12/01 11:34 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

>> "you're a fucking idiot sometimes. "

>tsk tsk tsk....Am i making you mad?..or is it that i'm right? I'll try to avoid getting personal with you because your not worth it.

Sorry, I don't usually make personally insulting comments like that. You're comment seemed ignorant. I apologize. I agree too, it's not worthing turning things into a flame war.

> And i'm sure in your "society" the criminals wouldn't have guns either...that my friend is very naive!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the one time I got mugged it was at gun point. I was 13 years old. I was pretty sure they wouldn't shoot me in the middle of the street though. I also doubt that the gun was real, but at the time I couldn't tell (it was really dark and they had it against my head), so I wasn't going to take a chance.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom