Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKhyron
Stranger
Should birthes cakes be hard and not very moist when crumbled?
    #3338011 - 11/09/04 05:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

WHat is the texture of the cakes? Also, when the casing is prepared, is it ok to put the pan in the fruiting chamber and seal the lid if perelite is used? Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Should birthes cakes be hard and not very moist when crumbled? [Re: Khyron]
    #3338028 - 11/09/04 06:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You shouldnt need perlite and you coud but id keep the lip off of the pan but it'd really suck it something outside of the pan got into the fruiting chamber and worked its way into ur pan with your goodies. But w/e works. Gl

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Should birthes cakes be hard and not very moist when crumbled? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3338074 - 11/09/04 06:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

With casings you still need to maintain at least 85% humidity. You can do this by misting very often, but sleeping for 8 hours without misting will drop RH well below that without humidification.

You'll probably be okay for first flush, but you'll end up with excessive shrinking of casing and possible overlay problems. Overlay is a very infrequent problem now because people are taking care of humidity issues better. You really need some sort of humidification unless you are going to dedicate yourself totally to doing it manually.

Of course you can convert your perlite humidification chamber to PMP. PMP provides constant air swap like fanning with super moist air every hour. If you have $30, you can do this and get great results for either casings or cakes. you can even recycle your perlite as a substitute for geolite. With PMP, no fanning or misting is required.

Here's the link

Poormans Pod(PMP) by Magash

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation