Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery
Loc: Earth
damn contam
    #3337910 - 11/09/04 05:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

3 days ago i pressure cooked and inoculated 4 jars. today i checked them and there are the same green mold patches in all jars. nothing green is at all safe, right? keep in mind i lysoled the FUCK out of my room and areas where i was doing the inoculation and preparation. the problem is my house is not finished and it has been sheetrock for like 15 years. dont ask. im wondering if there are green mold spores living in my walls or my air. is there a way to test for mold spores? btw dust settles everywhere all the time. its unavoidable.

i was thinking...while i was pressure cooking at 15 psi suddenly it started shooting steam out of the top (way beyond a jiggle) and it was pretty loud. i took it off the burner, waiited for it to stfu, then i proceeded to repressure cook. do you guys think the severe change in pressure couldve sucked in air which could have contaminated the jars? also i didn wash my hands before i inoculated the jars but i sterilized the syringe and wiped the jars down with alcohol. ideas? comments? suggestions?

I am the key to the lock in your house
That keeps your toys in the basement
And if you get too far inside
You'll only see my reflection

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Re: damn contam [Re: hills]
    #3337989 - 11/09/04 05:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Assuming the jars got sterilized, and the needle was clean, it would almost have to be inside the syringe. Make sure not to touch the needle and to flame it between jars to avoid cross contamination.

Re: damn contam [Re: hills]
    #3337997 - 11/09/04 05:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah , i've heard of that happening before, only differnece was her's blew up, so yeah, it probably changed ur mositure content and probably helped contam. it but sheetrock? That's probably ur prob, i'd do a bit of research on sheetrock(as dumb as that sounds) to find out what kind of shit can hide in it and what you can do, that should help solve your problem or atleast help you get to know more about sheet rock, heh. Well Gl and happy innoculating.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation