Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Banisteriopsis Caapi, Psychotria Viridis, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Psychotria germination and growing
    #3337897 - 11/09/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

This is not meant to be the definative tec on growing these plants, just a few basics to get you started. BTW, the berries I sent out may have been slightly squashed in the mail but they will germ just fine. The seeds inside are very tough and do not break easily.

First, start with fresh seeds or berries, old seeds are no good. I usually soak them in some peroxide for a few minutes to kill off any mold but that's not really vital. Put the berry or seeds into the soil about 1/4" down. I usually use a small pot with potting soil. You need to keep them moist until they come up so plastic wrap over the top is good. It will take from 1 week to a couple months before they start coming up. A few may take longer than that.

When you have your sprouts come up the next step is to grow them. They like bright light but not direct sunlight. Direct sun won't kill them but they do better with indirect sun or shade. They grow well indoors. They can be killed by freezing so take them in when it gets cold. They like frequent watering but don't keep the soil wet all the time. Let it dry out before watering again. If you see the leaves drooping, you let them go too long. For ferts you can use a number of things. I use peter's 20 20 20 and it works fine. You can tell by the color of the leaves if they need ferts. A nice deep green means they are fine. Yellowing, particularly on a lot of leaves means they likely need ferts. There are other things that could cause yellowing. They like a ph of around 5 but can be happy with 4 to 7. Top them and they put out new branches. As they get bigger, repot them into larger containers. They will tend to put out new shoots from the base as they get bigger. Cuttings root easily.

They are forgiving if you should take off some leaves but don't strip them bare if you want to keep growing them. Taking all the leaves will shock the plant and slow growth by a lot. You can shear a sheep many times but you can skin him only once. Store the leaves you take in a dark place after you've dried them. Oh, and they do contain dmt, which makes them interesting. There are extraction tecs on this site and elsewhere. To bioassay the leaves in a tea you will need a maoi. Syrian rue works fine, caapi vine, harmala or other sources. I happen to have all those things for trade if you can't find them elsewhere. My bushes are still bearing and I will have some fresh berries to trade for the next couple weeks or so.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Psychotria germination and growing [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3338755 - 11/09/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Very good info Stonehenge! Very precise...
I would like to add that after they germinate and start to grow some parasites might start to attack (fliers or bugs farmed by ants), it's good to have something ready to counter attack...
I have been using ladybugs but i have my tobacco water ready just in case...

FH

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: Psychotria germination and growing [Re: felixhigh]
    #3339358 - 11/10/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

What about an artificial lighting regime (and temperature)? Oh and you can buy psychotria viridis leaves @ amazing-nature.com. I have an interesting tape by Terence McKenna on the subject of smoking DMT (and toad "abuse" amongst other things), which I've considered putting on to chrome dioxide and offering to shroomerites, for a small fee of-course (wolf's got to eat!).

Edited by Silverwolf (11/11/04 07:39 AM)

OfflineAelph
Playing in thedirt again

Loc: Metro Hotlanta
Re: Psychotria germination and growing [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3340299 - 11/10/04 07:34 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I agree on the cuttings.  I have never lost a cutting yet....100% take so far.

What's even better is you can grow new plants from fresh leaves also.  I tried this out and have a sea of baby plants. :laugh:

OfflineFunkey
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Psychotria germination and growing [Re: Aelph]
    #3340318 - 11/10/04 07:43 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks for the info!

--------------------
SING WHILE YOU MAY...

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Re: Psychotria germination and growing [Re: Funkey]
    #3340757 - 11/10/04 11:33 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Hey Bro,

This is exactly the kind of post I want to read. Maybe I'll have some khat seeds to trade with soon? I love this forum. It kicks ass. Keep up the good work.

Peace,

Tweaker_X
'Go speed racer! Go!'

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Banisteriopsis Caapi, Psychotria Viridis, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden