Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Holiday Cooking...
    #3337507 - 11/09/04 03:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Holidays are coming up and tis the time for good eats... Lets all make an effort to cook something new for the holidays and post the recipe here....

I expect to see lots of recipes and pictures from everyone..

Ill start with something I love to make for Christmas. Its not new but I make it every year family is around.

15 lbs fresh broccoli.
1 lb Bacon.
Cherry Tomatoes.
5 lbs Roma Tomatoes
2 large bunches fresh basil
3 lbs REAL mozzarella
1 bottle great olive oil.

First bring a large pot of water with salt to a boil and cook the broccoli in it for less than one minute.. This step is done mostly for color and partly for flavor. The color of broccoli will change quickly to a dark deep green in boiling water..

Next on a large silver serving platter arrange the broccoli into a wreath or ring around the edge.

Fry the bacon and let cool, crumble and shake around the wreath. Garnish it with basil leaves and cherry tomatoes to make a Christmas wreath of broccoli.

In the center of the wreath layer slices of tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil leaves. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle chopped basil for garnish.

Wholla.. Put this on the table and it will make that cousin you always liked wet.

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Edited by GabbaDj (11/09/04 04:01 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
Re: Holiday Cooking... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3340637 - 11/10/04 10:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Polish mushroom soup

I'm giving this recipe for a few reasons:

1. your undying love for Martha Stewart - its her recipe
2. mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms
3. I'm polish
4. holiday fare

Be warned this soup is very hearty, very flavorful and very expensive to make (the polish mushrooms were hard to find and I think I paid about $50 for them dry).

Polish Mushroom Soup
This is the one that Martha Stewart makes and this recipe is lifted straight off of her TV show. Note the specific and detailed instructions. I doubt that they have shiitake mushrooms and orzo in Poland but still, it's the authentic version of what's on every Polish American Christmas Eve table. Can't argue with that. Observe how Martha seems to be unfamiliar with the Elbow Macaroni Rule.

5 to 6 ounces (about 4 to 6) dried mushrooms such as Polish borowik or cepes
12 large dried shiitake mushrooms
3 quarts beef stock
5 medium ribs celery, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
5 carrots, chopped
1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup orzo
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
1 cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Rinse the dried shiitake mushrooms. Place mushrooms in 2 cups of cold water, and soak for at least 4 hours or overnight, refrigerate. In a large pot, bring the stock to a simmer. Add the celery, onions, and carrots. Strain the dried mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Add the strained soaking liquid to the soup. Chop the hydrated mushrooms into 1/4-inch pieces slightly larger than the diced vegetables, and add to the soup. Add the sliced white button mushrooms. Cover, and cook the soup until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Bring the soup to a boil. Stirring constantly, add the orzo. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil, and, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking, cook until the orzo is cooked through, another 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, and cook, stirring constantly until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove 1 cup of the broth from the soup, and add to the roux, whisking constantly until slightly thickened and free of lumps. Stir the thickened liquid into the soup. Add the chopped parsley and dill. Finish the soup with sour cream: Add 1/4 cup of the thickened soup to the sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Add the sour cream to the soup, whisking constantly until it is well incorporated, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing