Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Thinkin' 'bout Pan Cyans
    #3337479 - 11/09/04 03:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So I've been reading about Pan Cyan cultivation over the past couple of days.  It sounds kinda fun.  I'm confused, tho, about why people choose to try these.  From what I've read, your yields (in weight) are generally lower than cubes grown on poo bulk substrates.  But, the fruits are more around twice as strong as cubes.  So, do people just try these out for interest and a sense of accomplishment in trying something new?  I kinda like the way they look in some pics I've seen.    I think it'd be cool to try 'em.  Anyway, anyone who's started on these recently care to comment on this species?    I know there are tons of threads on this, I was just wondering if anyone was in the middle of trying Pan Cyan now and cared to share.  Thanks!  :grin:

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thinkin' 'bout Pan Cyans [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3337775 - 11/09/04 05:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:
  So I've been reading about Pan Cyan cultivation over the past couple of days.  It sounds kinda fun.  I'm confused, tho, about why people choose to try these.  From what I've read, your yields (in weight) are generally lower than cubes grown on poo bulk substrates.  But, the fruits are more around twice as strong as cubes.  So, do people just try these out for interest and a sense of accomplishment in trying something new?  I kinda like the way they look in some pics I've seen.    I think it'd be cool to try 'em.  Anyway, anyone who's started on these recently care to comment on this species?    I know there are tons of threads on this, I was just wondering if anyone was in the middle of trying Pan Cyan now and cared to share.  Thanks!  :grin:

GB

it is fun. in about four attempts, i have found them more difficult than cubes, oysters, SRA and shiitake -  i've not had success so far with fruiting these, though some growers get them going first time. it may be something in my environment.

i choose to grow these cos (1) i haven't managed to yet, (2) they're potent, (3) they can be grown indoors without any extra equipment, and (4) they look gorgeous.

my latest attempt is in the incubator - well-sterilised wbs grain colonising from agar, early slow growth and awaiting result of shaking.

good luck - this hobby is all about experimenting and the thrill of nurturing something from infancy to adulthood  :laugh:

--------------------
buh

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Thinkin' 'bout Pan Cyans [Re: shirley knott]
    #3338036 - 11/09/04 06:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

1)because they are beautiful
2)because their trip is super strong and so smooth at the same time (10g fresh enough for a good trip)
3)because they are not so difficult to be cultivated. the only thing is u need to pasteurize some poo:-)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation