Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRemi
Stranger

I see pins!!!
    #3335651 - 11/09/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've finally noticed a few pins on the couple cakes that have been in my terrarium the longest. its been six days now and I can notice some little babie mushies startin to sprout up. a couple questions though.. are there any special precautions for pinning. I heard to shouldny mist them or they may abort. and also how many mushrooms usually come per flush? I notice a few pins will more come up or this all that'll show.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: I see pins!!! [Re: Remi]
    #3335720 - 11/09/04 12:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: I see pins!!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3335761 - 11/09/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

congrats. and 6 days isnt' the longest by no stretch of imagination. Well... unless of course it's your first grow... in which case, even 2 days would seem like an eternity.

congrats, again.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineRemi
Stranger

Re: I see pins!!! [Re: Sam1912]
    #3335809 - 11/09/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Heh thanks, and yeah it is my first grow. I was surprised though 6 days seems pretty good i aint complaining.

OfflineBrady
randomizer
Loc: on a damn island , FL
    #3335849 - 11/09/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what kinda strain r u growing:)

--------------------
I love to trade , trade with me!

OfflineRemi
Stranger

Re: I see pins!!! [Re: Brady]
    #3335873 - 11/09/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cube B+ everything seems to be goin well :laugh:

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: I see pins!!! [Re: Brady]
    #3335876 - 11/09/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i got my first pins showing too a few days ago :laugh:  there must be about a hundred of them now.

cause for celebration! :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineRemi
Stranger

Re: I see pins!!! [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3335887 - 11/09/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

aww I only see like 3-4 on each cake... :frown:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3335914 - 11/09/04 02:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Case and you'll see many more pins..

Dont get to exited though...the substrate can only support a certain amount of maturing mushrooms..at a certain point..more pins just means more aborts. Thats the biggest draw back of brazilains. There are litterally 200 pins on a 1 quart casing. There is, if you put all the surface of the casing that wasnt pinning together, probably a space the size of a quarter..They just most abort. DOnt get me wrong..plenty grow to create a thick forest of mushrooms but theres still a hundred aborts to pick every time I do a brazil casing. First flush is usually worse with aborts though..

Well anyway, sidetracked but goodluck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineRemi
Stranger

Re: I see pins!!! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3335941 - 11/09/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes I think I'm gonna try to case the two jars I havent put in the terrarium yet. It'll give me a nice comparison against the un cased cakes.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3335950 - 11/09/04 02:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

double end case and keep those verm moist. I think cakes have the same potential as the casings.

But for most people, I think it is easier to tap further into that potential with casings. Actually, I think there is a huge difference in yield if you consider same amount of work going into each. And of course, the risk is lower with casings.

I'm still a cake lover, though. Probably because I spend so much more time with them.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleMovingTarget

#3335975 - 11/09/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Aborts are potent no?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3336022 - 11/09/04 04:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MovingTarget said:
Aborts are potent no?

Of course they are, just like regular mushrooms. Some say moreso but its only theory.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleMovingTarget

#3336056 - 11/09/04 05:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

theory and experience, Ive heard many people trip heavily off small amounts of aborts. No experience of aborts myself, but it makes sense to me

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3336060 - 11/09/04 05:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

shit... I don't even have 1g of aborts, yet...

Small little tiny ones... still collecting those. Too much work for me to find enough of those... probably should store them separately.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3336863 - 11/09/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

actually, i believe there has been a scientific test shown that aborts are more potent by weight than full grown mushies, it's not just speculation... but i don't remember where it's at. i'm pretty sure it's in one of the faqs around here...

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineMapleLeafRag
Mycophant
Re: I see pins!!! [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3339752 - 11/10/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you only see a couple of pins, that's totally ok. I just harvested my first shrooms, and I only had a couple of pins on each cake. But guess what - they turn into MASSIVE shrooms (close to 30 grams each).  Each cake's nutrients support a somewhat set yield - whether its all in one or two biggies or a bunch of littles.

So, hopefully you'll be very impressed with the outcome. The cake will put all its energy into those few. Just wait and see :smile:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I see pins!!! [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3340089 - 11/10/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ZeroArmy27 said:
actually, i believe there has been a scientific test shown that aborts are more potent by weight than full grown mushies, it's not just speculation... but i don't remember where it's at. i'm pretty sure it's in one of the faqs around here...

I have not seen it if so and would gladly admit to being wrong if someone could show it to me but I can't find it. I've seen speculation but no actual tests on percentages of actives in aborts and mature mushrooms of the same casing.

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3340103 - 11/10/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've read them in the Teks and Teks only... Probably that's where everyone's getting this. I think in erowid they talk about lack of tests conducted regarding potencies particularly during stages of developement.

I've never eaten less than an 1/8th, so I can't personally atest to higher potency, but soon... I should have about 2g of aborts by christmas. Maybe...

Sam

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3340132 - 11/10/04 03:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ive dosed myself different doses at fully mature (I let mine go till the cap is flat usually (some strains less) and aborts and never noticed a particularly stronger trip.

Of course most everything is all about your mind and what you think so if you think what you taking (whatever it is) is gonna make you trip harder, it most likly will.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale