Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Amanita muscaria?
    #3335498 - 11/09/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've been doing a lot of research and I figured this would be the place to ask. Several sites are confusing me. I thought that these were really lethal shrooms. And this one sites states that.

Amanitas (Amanita spp.)
Amanitas are the reason why there are no old, bold mushroom hunters. Several members of this group contain amanitin, one of the deadliest poisons found in nature. One cap of a Destroying Angel (Amanita virosa) can kill a man.
-While the other/others say things of this type of nature.

A. muscaria can be taken orally and there are also some claims that it can be smoked for effect. All parts of the mushroom are psychoactive, though there is some evidence that the material just under the skin is the most potent. The chart below shows approximate oral dosages dried A. muscaria in grams (g).
-Is it different genus or something like that?
Well i'm pretty sure that I'm missing some stupid fact that will sort all of this out. Any help would be appreciated, learing is tough when things get misleading. : / thankx.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3335740 - 11/09/04 03:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"Is it different genus or something like that?"

No, same genus, different species. Amanita virosa are not Amanita muscaria. Muscaria are the ones that can be taken for 'recreational' use. Most people seem to dislike the effects. More like an unpleasant disoriented drunk sick feeling. Others will stand up and say that it is possible to gain a positive experience from muscaria. The majority tend to dislike it, and though I've never done it I'd like to believe that it can be used responsibly and effectively.

Oh yeah, and I should also say that muscaria are the typical ones with the red cap w/white spots. Its easy to identify from other amanitas.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (11/09/04 03:03 AM)

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3335793 - 11/09/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Muscaria - Must-Scare-Ya :regularshroom:

--------------------

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #3336134 - 11/09/04 08:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Just thought I'd tell ya this, I dont mean to sound like you dont know this. So dont take it like that. When you hear a name like "Amanita Muscaria", the first word in that name is the genus. So in this case, we are talking about the genus "Amanita". In this genus there are different species (Which I will answer your question in a second). When we talk about a species, we call it by "Genus-Specific Name". "Muscaria" is the specific name. So for example "Psilocybe Cubensis". The genus is "Psilocybe" and the specific name is "Cubensis" but when we talk about it we say the genus as well as the species.

Yes, as youve read, in the genus Amanita, there are many poisonous species, the most common talked about one is Amanita Phalloides(Extremely Poisonous) if you dont get to a hospital quickly after ever eating this one you will pretty much die. I hate to sound so blunt but its true, and something you should most definitely learn to identify. There are many other poisonous species in the genus Amanita.

As for the question regarding Amanita Muscaria. There seems to be some debate, some people will tell you not to eat it, some people will tell you theyre better than Psilocybes. I've never tried them, so dont take any of this from me personally, I've only read what others have said. If you were thinking about using them, make sure you read a lot about them, in terms of preparation (They must be prepared correctly) and also experiences from others. Just be extrememly cautious though.

--------------------

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3336796 - 11/09/04 12:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I simply wont eat an amanita muscaria. No way no how. I've seen people sick as shit after eating those. Sick is a bad trip for me.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: newusername222]
    #3337890 - 11/09/04 05:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hear ya man. Stay away from amanitas.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: arbalest]
    #3337915 - 11/09/04 05:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

arbalest said:
Just thought I'd tell ya this, I dont mean to sound like you dont know this. So dont take it like that. When you hear a name like "Amanita Muscaria", the first word in that name is the genus. So in this case, we are talking about the genus "Amanita". In this genus there are different species (Which I will answer your question in a second). When we talk about a species, we call it by "Genus-Specific Name". "Muscaria" is the specific name. So for example "Psilocybe Cubensis". The genus is "Psilocybe" and the specific name is "Cubensis" but when we talk about it we say the genus as well as the species.

Or for people that dosn't know what arbelest is talking about its like a first and last name :thumbup:.  BTW you sounded list my biology teacher from a few years ago.

ON topic Alot of people do eat these, but you have to know how.  I myself have never tried them nor will I.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: Stonerguy]
    #3337918 - 11/09/04 05:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've tried them and liked them, and didnt cry about them after I did them :laugh: Even smoked the dried amanita skin, which I wouldn't recommend the smoke tastes like absolute poo, and the high is barely noticeable.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3337966 - 11/09/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

iv smoked pot with a small cut about 4 cm of dried amanita that wasnt to bad the MJ mellowed out the amanita.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Amanita muscaria? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3338182 - 11/09/04 06:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah ur supposed to put a little MJ in it but anyways thanks for all the help, it's greatly apprecaited and lol, thanks for the tips and knowlegde, i'll put it to use. Gl and happy Growin.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification