Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS?
    #3333560 - 11/08/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know what the side effects of weed are on the body and have been smoking every day for years, but i just recently started eatin' shrooms and trippin wanted to know what risk i was taken. what are the long term sideffects? is trippin on cubensis bad for ur health?

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #3333589 - 11/08/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

AFAIK, there aren't really any adverse effects of mushrooms themselves, unless of course you happen to be allergic. However, most injuries are caused from carelessness during tripping, such as driving or walking down the middle of a street, or thinking that a knife is actually a bouncy ball...so my advice would be just to have a sitter with you.

Also, don't forget to do a search as this issue has definitely been discussed before. 

:cheers:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #3333666 - 11/08/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wrong dude there are many adverse side effects.

If you are only using shrooms every few weeks then you have nothing to worry about. If you are using more than once a week, then you can plan on suffering from flashbacks.

Flashbacks are Visuals and sometimes you hear shit. Just like anything that makes you trip. You do enough over a short time and you keep trippin to a certain level. Flashbacks can be very strong sometimes 24-96 hours after the last use.

As far as health long term from occasional use. I don't know. But P. Cubiness are poison to the body. It is our minds and our culture that say otherwise. Remember that when the body PUKES it's guts out from eating shrooms. It is because it has been poisoned. Not because your body is enjoying itself.

So I think if you use often for 20 years you will suffer something.

On a personal note. I am 36 and have been doing shrooms,lsd.mesc etc.... for 21 years. I suffer from flashbacks and a few other things.

BUT I STILL EAT THEM SHROOMS LOL

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3333769 - 11/08/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i as well suffer from flash backs mini OOB's visuals (mostly trailing) and audibles but hey man it come with the territory and i actually enjoy it is adds a little twist to the monotonany of life

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: phantasm]
    #3333776 - 11/08/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Very true, those are some effects, I was mistaken.

But poison to the body? What makes you say or think that?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3334400 - 11/08/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
If you are using more than once a week, then you can plan on suffering from flashbacks.

Really, I have used shrooms in excess for prolonged periods of time and I have never experienced a single flashback. What I have experienced are periods of awkwardness after tripping every weekend for almost a year straight. There are never any visuals or auditory irregularities. Just the feeling that no one around me could quite understand what I was thinking or my point of view.

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
As far as health long term from occasional use. I don't know. But P. Cubiness are poison to the body. It is our minds and our culture that say otherwise. Remember that when the body PUKES it's guts out from eating shrooms. It is because it has been poisoned. Not because your body is enjoying itself.

I have puked from consuming cabbage, yellow squash, and bourbon. There's only one of the three that I know is not that good for me. The other two are actually good for me. One thing that I do know is that I never puke after eating shrooms. I can chew them up and keep them in my mouth for hours and the taste is abominable but I don't puke. I do get gas from them, though, and that might make others puke. I have puked on water once believe it or not. When I was in the army we had to drink water in unison and in a certain amount of limited time. If any one failed to finish his or her water we all had to fill up our canteens and drink again. Once you reach a certain point you can only take so much, and I puked from it. Does this mean that water is poisonous to me???? NO NO NO NO

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
So I think if you use often for 20 years you will suffer something.

I don't know. I haven't used psychedelics for that long, but I bet MJshroomer might have some interesting insight on the subject. It will, of course, be all subjective and relative to only him, as is your experiences with psychedelics are to you and mine are to me. :wink: :thumbup:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3337958 - 11/09/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

When I was in the army we had to drink water in unison and in a certain amount of limited time. If any one failed to finish his or her water we all had to fill up our canteens and drink again. Once you reach a certain point you can only take so much, and I puked from it. Does this mean that water is poisonous to me???? NO NO NO NO

YES YES YES

You were in danger of diluting your electrolyte salts too much by an excess and that's why the stomach expelled the water.
YOu were in danger from acute water poisoning.

Now for the risks of psychedelics.

The Merck Index I got clearly says:
"May Cause Serious Psychological Disturbances"
Now I don't want to discuss whether they give rise to it or create it out of thin air: fact is that we have a significant number of Shroomery members who have developed HPPD (the trip doersnt stop for weeks, months or longer), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, severe Depression, Psychotic breakdowns, Depersonalisation disorder, Anxiety disorders and the like in the tail end of usually "bad" trips that did not wear off for weeks, months, or did not wear off period. Others have simply become increasingly odd.
Call me alarmist for citing "political literature" but just use SEARCH and watch the drama unfold.

In an Interview John Lennon related LSD had made him experience "egoloss" but it turned out he had to struggle HARD for a whole year to piece himself together again.

I myself have tripped for 10 years. After a particularly intense trip I got residual Trip effects that sometimes are stronger, at other times less, but they always are present, for over a year now.

I am of the opinion that taking your first dose of mushrooms, however unimpressive, marks a turning point in your life. You from then on walk a path of enhanced and altered perception and thought. I also believe that all doses you take slowly but surely add up in your psychedelic metamorphosis.

Choosing to engage in serial Psychedelics use is in my view a choice that is among the most important choices you can make. For better or for worse, it WILL change you. Psychedelically. Forever.
Being a psychedelic voyager is a 24/7 state of being.
19/20 don't see that or want to see that. The ones who do tend to be the veterans.

If you are unwilling to face an intensification of your daily life that goes in all directions you should not choose for psychedelics use.

I myself go all the way.
I use Psilocybian mushrooms, MDMA and Salvia Divinorum as my mainstays. I do not smoke tobacco or pot, I rarely drink and at the moment am ridding myself of Caffeine.
When I get high, I choose my moments and doses well and consider myself to be on a 24/7 spiritual path aided by psychedelic sacraments. I have made my choice, knowing full well the gravity of my decision. I put TRUST in Myself, the Mushroom, the Cosmos and the Divine Force. It's about taking responsibility :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Asante]
    #3338136 - 11/09/04 04:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Being a psychedelic voyager is a 24/7 state of being.

:thumbup:

I completely agree.  That is my experience and philosophy as well.  The trip doesn't stop when the drug does.  :wink:

Edited by EllemyshShade (11/09/04 04:29 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: Asante]
    #3338796 - 11/09/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

When I was in the army we had to drink water in unison and in a certain amount of limited time. If any one failed to finish his or her water we all had to fill up our canteens and drink again. Once you reach a certain point you can only take so much, and I puked from it. Does this mean that water is poisonous to me???? NO NO NO NO

YES YES YES

You were in danger of diluting your electrolyte salts too much by an excess and that's why the stomach expelled the water.
YOu were in danger from acute water poisoning.

What I meant was that it is not poisonous to me in normal amounts.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3338906 - 11/09/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Why did the army make you do that...?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: ADVERSE MAGIC MUSHROOM SIDEFFECTS? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3339180 - 11/09/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We had to stay hydrated during rigorous training in April and May. It got pretty hot during the time I was in basic training and I remember quite a few heat injuries taking place. The part about us having to do it in unison mad us come together as a team to accomplish a task. Often someone would help others finish their water if the drill sergeant wasn't looking. As long as everyone had their canteen empty and held above their head within a certain amount of time, we didn't have to drink again.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #3353997 - 11/12/04 11:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wiccan - your electrolyte salts

well actually - you mean sodium which is an electrolyte - but only one of many...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds