Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

How much does the War on Drugs bug you?
    #3331823 - 11/07/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Shouldn't the simple fact that we've somehow found ourselves stuck in this situation where we are basically paying our government tax dollars so they can hunt us down for what we choose to consume be more than enough reason for the majority of people to have a strong desire for government reform? Does the fact that they lie to you and your children about the true nature of alot of these 'drugs' give you more reason to believe these organization truely have your best interests in mind?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3331838 - 11/07/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>> the majority of people to have a strong desire for government reform

from what i understand..the majority (80%..sorry i dont have a link)..prefer escalating the drug war..except for medical marijuana...
in any case..theres no more point in arguing against the drug war..or any other neocon policy..unless you can prove that the OH vote really was stolen...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3331856 - 11/07/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
theres no more point in arguing against the drug war..or any other neocon policy..unless you can prove that the OH vote really was stolen...

Unless you are like me and believe that democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding whats for dinner.

I voted libertarian last election partly because they are the only party with a sane drug policy.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (11/08/04 10:13 AM)

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3332004 - 11/08/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think (hope) everybody who posts to this board has a strong desire for governmental reform, and an end to the war on liberty.

But, the Democrats don't favor reforming the drug laws. And, I see no hope of major reform in the near future.

Invisibleusefulidiot

Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: phi1618]
    #3332626 - 11/08/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
I think (hope) everybody who posts to this board has a strong desire for governmental reform, and an end to the war on liberty.

I would hope so aswell..but unfortunately I think I've been noticing more people here cheering them on rather than making an effort to put up a fight. Phony wars, fraudulent election, secret societies have taken over, police state and draft right around the corner - and people are still dumbed down enough to keep cheering them on. How much will people need to take before they finally wake up and realize they have a responsibility to do something about this thoroughly corrupt system?

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3332672 - 11/08/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

usefulidiot writes:

Phony wars...

Which war do you mean? The one most often discussed here is the Iraq war. Nothing phony about that.

... fraudulent election...

To which election do you refer? The most recent one of which I am aware was the US election, which wasn't fraudulent.

...secret societies have taken over...

Which secret societies might those be? What have they taken over?

...police state...

Where in the Western world is there a police state?

....and draft right around the corner...

Which country is considering a draft? It sure as hell isn't "right around the corner" in the US, as the recent vote in the House of Representatives (402-2 against) clearly demonstrated.

- and people are still dumbed down enough to keep cheering them on.

A review of your points above should give readers a clue as to who may have been dumbed down.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: Phred]
    #3332834 - 11/08/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

great retort.  :thumbup:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3332858 - 11/08/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing phony about that.

Hmm...the most powerful nation on earth invading a devastated third world country on a basis of lies and propaganda. I'd call that a fairly phoney "war".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: Xlea321]
    #3333121 - 11/08/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dogs are cats.
Trees are water.
People are clothing.

The world according to Alex123. Becasue he says so.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: EonTan]
    #3333127 - 11/08/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Can you prove they aren't?!?

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3333160 - 11/08/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The war on drugs reminds me of trench warfare. I don't see either side gaining much ground, but medical marijuana policy and attempts to legalize the plant seem like modest steps.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Invisibleusefulidiot

#3333172 - 11/08/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
usefulidiot writes:

Phony wars...

Which war do you mean? The one most often discussed here is the Iraq war. Nothing phony about that.

How about just about every war? Vietnam was initiated based on a lie, during WW2 both sides of the war were funded by the same organizations, and yes, this war in Iraq radiates of classic phonyness. It is called imperialism.

Quote:

... fraudulent election...

To which election do you refer? The most recent one of which I am aware was the US election, which wasn't fraudulent.

Surely you must have missed the 20 or 30 mainstream articles hinting otherwise?

Quote:

...secret societies have taken over...

Which secret societies might those be? What have they taken over?

Skull & Bones being the American arm of the illuminati have clearly manipulated itself into the highest ranks of power, as was it's intention from the very beginning. We have Blair in Britain who is as big a part of all this as Bush is in America. We also have Clinton, who will likely take control of the UN. Their main goal is to establish a one world government, and they have clearly been incramentally doing so ever since the JFK assasination, picking up the speed when Clinton was president, and now with Bush things are beginning to reach a boiling point.

Quote:

...police state...

Where in the Western world is there a police state?

....and draft right around the corner...

Which country is considering a draft? It sure as hell isn't "right around the corner" in the US, as the recent vote in the House of Representatives (402-2 against) clearly demonstrated.

Let's see what happens once they engineer their next 'terrorist' attack.

Quote:

- and people are still dumbed down enough to keep cheering them on.

A review of your points above should give readers a clue as to who may have been dumbed down.

Care to clarify what points you refer to?

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3333175 - 11/08/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot said:
Care to clarify what points you refer to?

You just gave him four more.
:geordinod:

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Invisibleusefulidiot

Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: Gijith]
    #3333204 - 11/08/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:You just gave him four more.
:geordinod:

I guess he could reply with four more questions/comments if he still feels the need to tickle his curiosity, but unfortunately doing so will not make everything all better.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: Gijith]
    #3333218 - 11/08/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The burden of proof was on IRAQ. They failed. There is no denying this, there is just argument as to how important it was to remove the problem. The majority of Americans Supported the decision that it was VERY IMPORTANT to hold Nations accountable for there agressive actions against their neighbors, and even more important when there noncompliance was related to DISARMING of WMD.

Skate around it, dodge it, refuse to believe it, comeup with a million in one other reasons for not going to war. The truth still exists. Iraq was guilty of non-compliance. They were invaded becasue of it.

Regardless of the personal interest of G.W.Bush, Americans supported the invasion for the reason listed ABOVE. I have seen a bunch of opinion on Bush Administration reasons for going to war, but I have yet to ever see a single RATIONAL REASON to contradict the above one.
Iraq refused to comply with procedures for Disarming.

Regardless of if WMD existed or not at the time of invasion, or before the invasion, they had the burden of PROOF, which they failed to provide.

Never once in Kerry's run for presidency did he offer up any actual plan for Iraq. This is how I can do a better job.......!!! No one here has ever offered up a viable answer to Iraqs non-compliance. They have just argued that he was not a threat anymore. Ignoring International law resulting from your rather recent invasion of a neighboring nation for a decade. And the laws pertain to you DISARMING. Sorry, but Rational people think that is a threat. Rational people could argue it isn't a threat, but they must do so with FACTS, and Alternatives that hadn't been tried for over a decade with failure. NONE WERE EVER OFFERED UP.

The answer the UN gave was to forget, and call him complied. To let him get away with not complying.

Even if all the chatter about Bush, Cheney, Haliburton, Oil Pipelines, etc... comes true. This does not Make Iraqi noncompliance go away. IT is the failure of the anti-war people to RESPOND TO THIS TRUTH, that made it impossible to sway rational people from WAR.

But no WMD were found. WE DID NOT KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL AFTER GOINg TO WAR, BECASUE SAADAM REFUSED TO COMPLY BEFORE THE WAR. WMD or no WMD he just had to provide proof through cooperation.

But he was only 4% in non compliance. We are talking about Disarming from WMD, not passing a physics test in high school. You have to be 100% compliant or you are in breach of your Responsibility. I guess the european standard for compliance is only as strong as the party responsible for complying is willing to live up to.

Back on topic. The war on Drugs sucks. It is not a right agenda or a left agenda it is a universal agenda that crosses political borders and geographical borders. IT sucks. It bugs me day in and day out. Ironically it was Edwards who talked most about it during the election race. He actually tried to use it against Bush on Afghanistan. I found that to be pretty silly. The whole we shouldn't have gone to War in Afghanistan becasue now the Opium trade is booming. Well the Taliban was supressing it, and we had to get rid of them becasue they were supporting Terrorists. Terrorists vs. Opium trade. I guess we see where Edwards priorities were from his mentioning of it.

Invisibleusefulidiot

Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: EonTan]
    #3333265 - 11/08/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Regardless of if WMD existed or not at the time of invasion, or before the invasion, they had the burden of PROOF, which they failed to provide.

So if I thought you had a gun you planned to kill me with, and I ask you to prove to me that you have no intentions of the sort - you reply with "no, fuck you your crazy", and I proceed to bash your brains in for failing to comply regardless if you had anything against me whatsoever, that is OK? How would you like a shiny new oil pipeline put in your backyard?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3333572 - 11/08/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Silly fella. A better analogy would be if one of the terms of your probation was to turn in guns your PO knew you had but you didn't give them to your PO but merely claimed you had gotten rid of them or simply refused to allow him to look for himself.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleusefulidiot

Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3333607 - 11/08/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

but in this case the PO's who claimed to 'know' the man on probation had guns, were wrong - the man had no guns. The murder of the man was unjustified, based on assumptions, lies, manipulation and greed.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3333649 - 11/08/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Actually you're incorrect. The requirement was to disarm and prove it.

If the guns were know to previously exist (and there is no doubt the WMD's did) and they were not proven to be disposed of (just like the WMD's),.... well you can figure out the rest easy enough.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleusefulidiot

Re: How much does the War on Drugs bug you? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3333689 - 11/08/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have been under the impression that they were confirmed to have been disarmed back in 1991..wasn't that the whole point in the Gulf war? They still haven't found any WMD's in Iraq since then to my knowledge, and I'm willing to bet they knew they probably wern't going to find anything this time around - it seems they just used the possibility as a means of getting people behind their war in order to move forward with what they wanted to do.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom