Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKatrina
Stranger

Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions
    #3332720 - 11/08/04 11:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Everything started going crazy this weekend. I was picking stuff twice a day. Don't have a scale except for this cheap on sale ($5) digital scale that doesn't work at all, totally inaccurate so I don't know wet weight, but my friend just bought a "postal scale" and I will weigh when dry. Questions though: This is my first "harvest" and I have noticed that where I picked them, as I tried to leave the ones whose veils had not broken yet, there are patches of stem-looking material still attached to the cake. What am I suppose to do with that? I am also wondering why it seems like the cakes have clumps of pins in only like 2 places on each cake? Also I have very few aborts, but I seem to have a few pins that just like stopped growing, are very tiny and not maturing, or like flopped over like they died. What's the deal with this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: Katrina]
    #3332740 - 11/08/04 11:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

eat it all, just pick off any verm and eat what is left. :smile:

having just a few clumps of pins on each cake is pretty normal. are you dunking and rolling? that can increase your yeilds...

the pins that stopped growing are probably aborts, watch for them to start turning dark then pick and eat.

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: seethe303]
    #3332773 - 11/08/04 11:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If something looks dead, dont eat it. Check the search for pictures of dead fruits, are you sure they arent aborts? Do you have pictures of them on your cakes?

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3332785 - 11/08/04 12:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've been plucking all aborts and traces of stem material off my cakes with a sterile pocket knife, because they can rot..

OfflineKatrina
Stranger

Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: discman1]
    #3332945 - 11/08/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OK. Pull it off then.  Do you keep it/dry it/eat it?  :smile:

--------------------
Anyone who says size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small shrooms!

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: Katrina]
    #3332963 - 11/08/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, remove anything that isn't growing anymore and the stem material left on the cake (I also use a sterilized pocket knife, dip it in alcohol). They're edible, but won't make up too much weight.

If you want to conserve your first harvest, eat them fresh. They're slightly more potent wet than when they're dry. When dry, I eat aroud 3.5 grams for a really nice trip, but wet... well I was suprized by 30 wet grams, moving down to 25 next time.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3335174 - 11/09/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Karina, use a sharp knife to cut the fiberous stuff out(stuff left when you pick mushrooms, not the mycelium). Also, use a sharp knife to pick all the pins(not hyphae, but just pins) even if they are small. Dunk for 24 hours and fruit the cake again. Dunking provides a lot more benefits over few sacrificed pins.

Oh, btw, yummy!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Look what I've been doing this weekend (pics) Also a few questions [Re: Sam1912]
    #3335705 - 11/09/04 02:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I like tweezers to pick the pins. Gets them on the sides well too. Gets those peices of mushroom stem out that can rot as well. If pins stop growing and dont mature then they are aborts as well. Sometimes you can have bigger aborts..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation