Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesacredchaos
shaman
Loc: Florida
Hey guys and gals help me out
    #3332498 - 11/08/04 07:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've got a few mushrooms growing in my terranium at home. There growing in some cow pats that I got from a field near by. I'm just wondering if I should allow the spores to drop or pick them before they open. (I'm asking this because I know when you grow them from scatch you dont want the extra spores). Also, after this first flush if i don't see any pins should I mist the cow pats. Some one drop me a line if thet've ever done this kinda of thing before. Thannk you.

--------------------
-The Ancient stars are lined with demise. Our cries lifted up till the cobra has spit venom in our fuckin eyes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMykro_Guy
Myco Student
 User Gallery

Re: Hey guys and gals help me out [Re: sacredchaos]
    #3332503 - 11/08/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

theres nothing wrong with having yourr spores drop.....

if you want to take prints then your going to have to let the cap break of the viel....

if you pick them b4 they break the viel your picking the a lil imature and have a chance of having bigger shrooms if you want...

i guess its all up to you...if you dont want to wait go ahead and pick...

i always pick as soon a the viel breaks so you dont get to many spores on your much...not that its bad... i just hate having my lips and tonge all purple when im tripping IMO......

YES MIST HEAVLY!! once your fisrt flush it is done most of the moisture is gone so you want to rehydrate it in some form.... some people like to mist big time..others like to dunk the whole cashing..

Offlinesacredchaos
shaman
Re: Hey guys and gals help me out [Re: Mykro_Guy]
    #3332512 - 11/08/04 07:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man I appreciate that very mush

--------------------
-The Ancient stars are lined with demise. Our cries lifted up till the cobra has spit venom in our fuckin eyes.

Offlinesacredchaos
shaman
    #3332522 - 11/08/04 07:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have another question. Is there any benifit to allowing my mushrooms to grow as big as they can, or when the cap fully opens should I pick. I guess what I'm asking is will it hurt to just let them keep on truckin and see what happens.

--------------------

Offlinesacredchaos
shaman
    #3332527 - 11/08/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

one more quetion.
should you ever mist when you have full grown mushies. my cowpats are lookin a little dry.

--------------------

InvisibleMykro_Guy
Myco Student
 User Gallery

#3332540 - 11/08/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

- I have another question. Is there any benifit to allowing my mushrooms to grow as big as they can, or when the cap fully opens should I pick. I guess what I'm asking is will it hurt to just let them keep on truckin and see what happens.

well alot of people around here say that the smaller the stronger. if you let them over grow theyre a lil weaker... but i kinda see it the same cuz all though they might be weaker theyre bigger..

IMO i like to harvest when the cap starts opening upward just a tab after it breaks the viel (picture pirfect)

-one more quetion.
should you ever mist when you have full grown mushies. my cowpats are lookin a little dry."

it should never look dry... what kinda terrium you have set up??

you must miantian a good humidity and mist/fan 3-6x a day

Edited by Mykro_Guy (11/08/04 08:06 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract