Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Drying mushrooms(5 pictures)
    #3331825 - 11/07/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Okay.. more pictures...

I use 2 drying chambers outfitted with 2 computer fans each.

Wire mesh was put in to double the load.
Normal time in here is about 12-24 hours. That's coffee filter used as filter for incoming air.

Then there is 4 desiccant chamber.

Yeah, I know. I'm cheap. I recycle desiccant pouches from food items. I have a lot of them. I test a quite a few different ones, but most packages broke open and they got messy. This one seems to hold fine. I tested with my hygrometer before I used it of course. 20% RH, solid.
Mushies stay in here for at least a day.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: Sam1912]
    #3331852 - 11/07/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ive got a setup similar to this on my terrerium, it works great!

--------------------

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: aussieone]
    #3331862 - 11/07/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nice setup

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3331874 - 11/08/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Keep rocking on. Damp-rid is good stuff but *calcium sulfide*(please excuse dis-lex-E-Auh and memory :smile: is cheaper, just walk by the docks, now That is cheap.CaSO4 is good stuff as well but I think I like urs better. Keep it real. :thumbup:
[]TraVis[]

Offlinejonas

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3331879 - 11/08/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just a thought but wouldnt having an intake on one side and an exhaust on the opposite end increase airflow better than putting them side by side?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3331892 - 11/08/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Looks similar to my setup except I dry mine inside of my computer. I have a nice full tower case with 8 fans so I might as well put them to good use.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: jonas]
    #3331911 - 11/08/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jonas said:
Just a thought but wouldnt having an intake on one side and an exhaust on the opposite end increase airflow better than putting them side by side?

His intake and exhausts are on oppisite sides. The exhausts are the fans and the intake is just a hole with a coffee filter over it. Passive, but an intake still.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinejonas

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3331930 - 11/08/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Gotcha, didnt notice that.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: jonas]
    #3331974 - 11/08/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Those fans aren't the quietest things in the world. I opted to use only 2 for many reasons, but mostly because the extra little air flow from 2 additional fans didn't outweigh the noise factor for me.

I'm sure if you buy those ultra quiet fans, you can get away with 4 per chamber. But those quiet ones cost big bucks.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: z@z.com]
    #3332252 - 11/08/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hehe. good use of computers. I have 6 comps in my office and 1 in the bedroom that's for wife only. But I would never put any mushroom in any of them. It would be risking too much since my network requires the full cooperation of all 4 servers.

Sam

--------------------

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
    #3332351 - 11/08/04 05:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I dont care if its cheap, looks damn cool. By the way, this may be a real noob question but how do you power your fans...cut the wires and connect to your own power source, or are they actually plugged in to your motherboard?

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Edited by call_me_kido (11/08/04 05:43 AM)

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3332374 - 11/08/04 06:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You can rig it to a 12v adapter. I just use a spare power supply from an old computer. It has to be AT type not ATX type. The switch on the back of power supply is useful to stop the fans.

Well, since they are giving me such a generous upload limits, here's a pic of it running. It has about 1.2lbs(wet) shroomies in it right now. That's about the max capacity. 1 cake and 1 casing right now. I can put upto 5 cake harvest in there, which is around 1.3 lbs.

You can get few of these power supplies cheap if you visit small computer stores that sell old used parts.

Blades are turning, but camera has fast shutter speed and captures it as if it's stopped.

Sam

--------------------

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
    #3332384 - 11/08/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

LOL...

Checklist for Mon, Nov 8th 2004

1. Check Quart jars of Rye (again)

2. Visit the Shroomery, 18-25 times.

3. Walmart for more tubs. You can never have too many.

4. Go to Absolute Computer options downtown.

5. Construct Sams drying chamber.

6. Harrass him constantly if I encounter any problems.

7. Maybe send broken dry chamber to Sam via Fed Ex to construct correctly.

LOL thanks man. Dont worry I wont Fed Ex it to you...yet. haha

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3332406 - 11/08/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:rotfl:
I'm sure you'll be just fine.  And yeah... you can't never have enough tubs. :wink:

Sam

--------------------

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3332417 - 11/08/04 06:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Damn Sam, always raising the bar :smile:

:thumbup:

Afraid I might have to go make one of these super delux drying chambers as well.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: Silven]
    #3333716 - 11/08/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

MMmmm Tubs. I think I should get some more too...I feel the need for more..I think I'm running low or something.

Doesnt the new upload limit rock! Weeeeeee

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinecokaznrebel
BBQ CHK CHZ STK
Loc: Mile High
Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3333974 - 11/08/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have a bag of 100 80mm computer fans with stripped wires so i guess ill make good use of them. let me know if you need any fans lol.

nice batch.

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: cokaznrebel]
    #3334112 - 11/08/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

any power supply will work you just have to rig the atx connector with a paper clip or solder two wires together.

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: Ramlaen]
    #3334862 - 11/08/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if the shrooms are already mature, picked, and drying why the filter on the drying box? it seems this would only slow the drying time since contams are not really an issue?

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Drying mushrooms(5 pictures) [Re: Ramlaen]
    #3335067 - 11/08/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

no no no. Bad... bad.. it's not ATX. Stay away from ATX. ATX boards have internal switches on the motherboard and most power supplies will default to off without the motherboard(even the ones with switches on the power supply depends on soft switch from motherboard). Old AT style power supplies have power switch on the outside.(there should be one on the back and another push switch leading to front of the computer)

The 4 wire connectors are called MOLEX. You can get one from radio shack if you reall want to. But simple color coding on computer equipment should be easy to splice.

Good luck

Sam

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale