Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSimplyIAM
Stranger
Just tried my first batch
    #3331407 - 11/07/04 11:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This was my first time growing shrooms.  I yeilded quite a bit my first time, although had alot of dead pins.. I picked the big ones, dried them, and tried them saturday night.  Was chilling at this commune I know of in the mountains.  Watched a full starry sky, milky way, chilled in this tripped out room they painted.. They talked quantum physics and alternate realities while theyt were painting it, just to give you an idea on the artistic style.  Really awsome.. switches from one style to another on each wall.

WHen I got home, My second batch was ready to pick, it yeilded lotsof very large ones.. There drying now.  All I ate was two shrooms, and was tripped out all night.

Something about growing them yourself, puts something extra special into them.  Maybe the TLC :smile:

I cheated and used a kit for my first time.. this next time around Im going to do it all from scratch.  In the time it took to grow and dry, Ive been reading like a mainiac to learn everything I can.

Id post pictures, but need batteries for my camera.. should go take care of that :smile:

Simply,
I AM  :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Just tried my first batch [Re: SimplyIAM]
    #3331419 - 11/07/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Good job!  Glad to hear you feel as most of us do about the babies.

I'm really really glad that you decided to do away with kits.  Try to recycle some part, though.  You've paid dearly for them.

Good luck on your future grows. :wink:

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineRemi
Stranger

Re: Just tried my first batch [Re: SimplyIAM]
    #3331423 - 11/07/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Good job man.
Power to the newbs, i'm on my first grow.. just started pinning. good luck on your future shroomin!

OfflineSimplyIAM
Stranger
Re: Just tried my first batch [Re: Remi]
    #3331471 - 11/07/04 11:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The kit is still producing, so Im going to take as much from it as I can, until it gets contams.

ALso really cool, while I was tripping there was tons of 'puffball' mushrooms growing in the wild, Ive heard they taste pretty good. Maybe nextime Im there I'll cook some up. (they are not psychedellic though)

Some of those puffball mushrooms were HUGE, they kinda looked like rocks.. One was cracked open, it looked like a round loaf of bread, and had a strange texture.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Just tried my first batch [Re: Remi]
    #3331476 - 11/07/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm growing for the first time too and it's going great. I went away for the weekend and just got back tonight. It's day 8 and I'm seeing the first signs of cultivation. Nothing but substrate in the jars when I left on friday and now BAM, myc. everywhere, Woohoo! :smile: I was starting to get a lil worried, hehe.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation