Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Libertarians and public safety.
    #3330716 - 11/07/04 07:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Do Libertarians believe in Federal or State food inspectors? How about building codes and building inspectors?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Libertarians and public safety. [Re: cb9fl]
    #3331229 - 11/07/04 10:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a Libertarian, and I believe that there should be at least some consumer protection such as food inspectors. Everything in moderation. Personal responsibility and liability should once again rein supreme (common sense, too!) :smile:

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Libertarians and public safety. [Re: DNKYD]
    #3331251 - 11/07/04 10:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

moderation?

You're not a libertarian.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #3331341 - 11/07/04 11:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Heh I was talking to the Libertarians not the Greens.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Libertarians and public safety. [Re: Gijith]
    #3331873 - 11/08/04 01:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
moderation?

You're not a libertarian.

Excuse me?
Like I said, protecting consumers is something I believe to be a useful thing. We don't need it to the point where it's out of control. Everything in moderation, not everything moderated. Call me what you want, but I agree with a majority of the stances taken by the LP, therefore I believe myself to be a Libertarian.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3331889 - 11/08/04 02:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I'm a Libertarian, and I believe that there should be at least some consumer protection such as food inspectors. Everything in moderation. Personal responsibility and liability should once again rein supreme (common sense, too!) :smile:

I don't believe in inspection per se, but I do believe that if a company sells a dangerous product without informing the consumer they should be held responsible through civil suits or in cases of serious negligence criminal prosecution.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Libertarians and public safety. [Re: cb9fl]
    #3332188 - 11/08/04 05:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No Feds involved. Let the states do it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3332189 - 11/08/04 05:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Everything in moderation.

Feds? Moderation?

:rotfl:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3332361 - 11/08/04 07:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Excuse me?
Like I said, protecting consumers is something I believe to be a useful thing. We don't need it to the point where it's out of control. Everything in moderation, not everything moderated. Call me what you want, but I agree with a majority of the stances taken by the LP, therefore I believe myself to be a Libertarian.

You dont have to call yourself a Libertarian just because you agree with most of their views. I agree with them on almost everything but I am still non-partisant.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion