Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSearch59
Yet anotherhobby for me.

For the species that require microbal to work, would Bifidobacterium, acidophilus do the trick?
    #3330570 - 11/07/04 07:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think i will try it, considering I have these pills http://www.uaslabs.com/sections/products/product_detail.php?product_id=8

Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus (DDS?-1 strain)

Or does anyone know how to do this, or if these particular HUMAN safe bacterium(required in human intestines) will make our OUTDOOR mushies fruit indoors?

--------------------
The only beneficiaries of Prohibition were bootleggers(drug makers), crime bosses(drug pushers), and the forces of big government(DEA).
(wheres the benefit for the consumer?)

You gotta check this out.
http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout96k.pls

Ride the wave of the mellow fractal rainbow!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: For the species that require microbal to work, would Bifidobacterium, acidophilus do the trick? [Re: Search59]
    #3331981 - 11/08/04 03:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Not sure it that would work cause as far as I know these bacteria are related to milk products which do not occur where mushrooms naturally grow.
In the first place I would try to find out which kind of bacteria these mushrooms need and why.
I guess they need special metabolites produced by the bacteria.
When you know this you can choose the proper type of bacteria to experiment with much better ...
Just my two cents ...

BTW.: There arises a really interesting question:
Does anybody know which bacteria are needed by azures, SRA etc. that support their fruiting ?

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: For the species that require microbal to work, would Bifidobacterium, acidophilus do the trick? [Re: ragadinks]
    #3332560 - 11/08/04 10:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Mushworld beats out Pubmed :wink:  Anyone interested in cutting edge mushroom work should subscribe to mushworld.  It's free!

Here's the summary of some work done by O.P. Ahlawat and R.N. Verma;

The presence of microbial population both in compost and casing soil plays vital role in A.bisporus cultivation. The microbial biomass present in compost affects the mycelial spread during spawn run phase, while in casing soil it triggers the induction of reproductive phase of the A.bisporus life cycle. In order to manipulate this natural phenomenon for improving the yield of A.bisporus, four bacteria, viz; Bacillus megaterium, Alcaligenes faecalis (casing soil isolates), Bacillus circulans-I and Bacillus circulans-ll (compost isolates) were selected for their in vitro and in vivo interaction studies against A.bisporus. Under the in vitro conditions the mushroom mycelial growth obtained on modified malt extract agar medium was higher in the presence of live cells of A. faecalis. However, under liquid culture co- growth conditions the mushroom mycelial biomass obtained was significantly higher with autoclaved cells of A.faecalis. The inoculation of A.faecalis @ 1% (v/w) in casing soil was found to stimulate early pinning which resulted in significantly less time for first harvest and higher yield during complete cropping cycle. The higher yield obtained was largely due to more yield obtained during Ist, IIIrd and IVth week of the cropping cycle. The higher yield in A.faecalis inoculation treatment resulted in lower bacterial population in casing soil after 4 weeks of cropping and that also resulted in lower bacterial population on the mushroom fruitbodies. The quality of mushrooms obtained from different treatments did not differ significantly. However, the mushrooms from A.faecalis inoculated treatment lost less whiteness on storage for 48 and 96h at ambient temperature conditions (15+20oC). As the affecting the mushroom quality, this bacterium can be successfully exploited for preparation of bacterial inoculum using suitable carrier.

One more from work done by N. Bhatt and R.P. Singh

Various proportions of organic matter of plant origin, farm animal manure and soil are used as casing materials in India. These mixture contain a variety of microbiota. For this study, a 3 :1 casing mixture of Farm Yard Manure (FYM) and two-year-old spent compost was prepared and analyzed for its microbial content. Bacteria, especially pseudomonads, are a significant presence in casing. Many of them produce substances which improve the growth of mushrooms and also reduce the growth and parasitic activities of mycoparasitic fungi. The interaction of these isolates with the mycoparasites of the button mushroom was investigated. Of the sixteen bacterial isolates, five were selected on the basis of their harmlessness to Agaricus bisporus and designated as BI (Bacterial Isolates) I, II, III, IV and V. All of these isolates were effective against Verticillium fungicola and Fusarium moniliformae, and BI I, II and V were found to be effective against Mycogone perniciosa and Sepedonium chrysosporium. BI III controlled Trichoderma harzianum. The isolates selected against pathogens in vitro were further inoculated in the casing to assess their effectiveness in the mushroom beds. The following bacterial isolates were found to reduce pathogens in the mushroom beds as indicated, and thus favored an increase in mushroom yield : BI V (against F. moniliformae and Verticillium fungicola,) BI I (against S. chrysosporium and Mycogone perniciosa) and BI III (against T. harzianum).

There are other papers that pop up with a mushworld search of 'bacteria'.  Give it a try!  As far as woodchip-type bacteria, I think that info is going to be very sparse.  There aren't m/any commercial woodchip mushrooms that would get the same attention/research.

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: For the species that require microbal to work, would Bifidobacterium, acidophilus do the trick? [Re: Suntzu]
    #3332582 - 11/08/04 10:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Woow, very informative !
Thanks suntzu!

InvisibleSearch59
Yet anotherhobby for me.

Re: For the species that require microbal to work, would Bifidobacterium, acidophilus do the trick? [Re: ragadinks]
    #3333491 - 11/08/04 03:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So basically, the only out door mushrooms, are now not so out door. And more dependant on someone creating a tek on how to introduce certain bacterium (and where to get them) into various stages along say a portabela mushrooms life cycle to make it possible to fruit nicely indoors. I think the only problem after that is maintaining safe levels of these bacterium that are required. (as to not create a toxic to human environment)

Whos gonna be the first to steamline this tek?

--------------------
The only beneficiaries of Prohibition were bootleggers(drug makers), crime bosses(drug pushers), and the forces of big government(DEA).
(wheres the benefit for the consumer?)

You gotta check this out.
http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout96k.pls

Ride the wave of the mellow fractal rainbow!

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: For the species that require microbal to work, would Bifidobacterium, acidophilus do the trick? [Re: Search59]
    #3333599 - 11/08/04 04:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

When you do a search at the shroomery you will find out that some people already had success with indoor grows of P. azurescens and SRA.
Usually the used a in-sterile casing to do so.
But - as you said - the difficulty is to make some experiments in a controlled environment which can be repeated every time.
So we would now the exact factors for the success ...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Malt Extract

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms