Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :)
    #3324331 - 11/05/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've never smoked anything in my life, and I'm hoping to give 6x salvia a try this weekend.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what to do, so here are a few questions.

1) I don't really want to purchase a water pipe or bong (big and $$), so I'd prefer something closer to a normal pipe.  Is this recommended?  How do I load the pipe (do I use a screen)?

2) What sort of lighter should I buy?  I've heard that only very hot flames do the trick.

3) What exactly is the technique?  Start pulling, then light flame, keep pulling (for how long?), turn off flame, stop pulling, hold 20 sec and repeat?

4) I'm also planning on doing it alone.  There's no fire hazard is there?

Thanks!  I'm really looking forward to a trip to another dimension :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3324486 - 11/05/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi. Question 1: You don't really need it, but a water bong for your first time trying smoking would be excellent (you could even make your own with around the house stuff). www.yahooka.com has some bong making instructions. Screen is optional with a bong, but with a pipe it is HIGHLY recommended.

Question 2: You can use a regular flame, it's what i usually use, just keep it on the bowl the whole time pulling.

Question 3: You got it :grin:

Question 4: Doing it by yourself for your first time is sort of risky, as you might walk around your house aimlessly (possibly down some stairs, or into something hard). There shouldn't be a fire hazard if you don't have any lit candles, or a stove on during the experience. Just sit in a comfortable place in the dark. Peace

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

OfflineSpiritualAtheist
Neophyte

Loc: Washington State
    #3324911 - 11/05/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The important thing with Salvia is that you get enough of the divinorum into your bloodstream to cause a trip, within about a 1-2 minute time span. I'm not a smoker either, but I have had experiences with pot so at least I know the technique. You might find it a challenge to get enough in your first session, depending on your equipment and how your system responds to the smoking experience.

Salvia can be taken orally, or so I have read. If you have the leaves you can take about 15-20 of them rolled up and hold them in your mouth between lip and gum for 15-25 minutes. I've never tried this method myself, and if the quality of the leaves are poor this could be futile. But if you have enough to give it a go, you might be able to forego the whole smoking experience. (BTW Don't swallow the leaves, the divinorum cannot be ingested via the stomach)

Like DMtelepath says above, you definitely would be better off with a water pipe if you go for the smoking.

Having a sitter is highly recommended also. There are cases where the user of salvia has felt compelled or pushed to walk around, even out of their abode. Having someone around to make sure they keep you located is a good idea. Just be sure they don't disturb you unless it is necessary. Its alright for them to ask you if you are OK, if they feel the need, but tell them to not give you the third degree during the trip.

Good luck.

--------------------
Wonder and awe at the universe is a product of observation and analysis. Fear and uncertainty a product of relying on comfortable beliefs.

Edited by SpiritualAtheist (11/05/04 02:43 PM)

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: SpiritualAtheist]
    #3325127 - 11/05/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestions, both of you. If I were to put something like .1g of the 6x into a pipe, would I burn the whole thing in one pull, or in several? How long do I keep the pipe lit (for as long as I can pull?)

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
    #3325846 - 11/05/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, keep the flame goin till the end. Don't take the flame off or stop taking it in until either the bowl is gone or you absolutely can't go any longer. One time when I came across it, I lit the bowl and hit it like I mentioned above. I noticed that it burnt up pretty fast and I was able to get it all in one hit, this was my first time with it, instead of loading another bowl I sat the bong down down on the windowsil. I had the lights off and it was night out so it was pretty dark. Just right after I sat it down though and I exhaled the smoke it was like everything turned pitch black and I started to feel something that was like a physicaly real hand, as though somebody had come up behind me and placed their hand around on my shoulder to pull me back from the window. It was so wierd and so I forced myself out of it. It only lasted a breif moment. Since than I've learned much more about it so I havn't made the same mistakes since.

So remember to hold it in as long as possible. Or just try not to exhale right after you've enhaled it, this way your lungs can take in much more of the salvia from the smoke.

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Offlinemnbv
Stranger
Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3325873 - 11/05/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what is salvia?

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: mnbv]
    #3325899 - 11/05/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's something that many people aren't aware of. None of my friends know anything about it, I've never mentioned it to them either though. It's not illegal. It's a very unique experience. Just do a search for it on the internet, there's quite a bit of information out on the internet for it. You can even order it over the internet, at least you should still be able too.

--------------------

Awaken Within!

OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3326436 - 11/05/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Only experience I had with salvia was the weird gravity shift no visuals what so ever just didnt smoke enough at once. I made the "mistake" of using a pipe. A bong would let you get much bigger hits. Try to take the biggest hits you can and hold them in as long as you can what might help is a tid bit of Robitussin before hand to help temper your cough reflex but I dont know if thats recommended. As far as how to hit it I would use a torch lighter some kinda pressured flame that burns it FAST and hit that bitch as hard and as often as you can until you cash a fat bowl that should be enough to do it according to what I've read on salvia. Because you have to "break through".

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: My_Corona]
    #3326547 - 11/06/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just tried the 6x tonight.  I am apparently a *terrible* smoker, and the pipe I used (cork?) was NO help.  The amount of air I could pull through was TINY, so I had to pull and pull and pull, and between pulls I had to suck great big breaths of air just to stay conscious.

Also, turns out I didn't need the blue flame torch I bought.  The matches worked much better.

Question:  Is it normal to inhale a burst of air after the smoke?  Does this pull the smoke down further into the lungs?

I used about 3/4 g. of 6x, and felt just barely something.  Basically, I felt too heavy to move, and the kind of forgetful feeling I get on shrooms (where I don't know what's what).  I think I should wait on the last 1/4 til I can find a bong, so I can pull harder.

With a bong, the smoke will sit in the chamber and circulate until you pull, right?  I was afraid of losing a lot of smoke from the pipe.  I never know when to start or stop pulling, or how long to hold the flame, etc.

:frown:

OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3326584 - 11/06/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yea sucking in some air is a must for some people until they get used to it having a carb on your pipe might help you by being able to get some air just by pulling your finger off the carb (a hole under the bowl to allow normal air in.)

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: My_Corona]
    #3327421 - 11/06/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I made an old corn cob pipe into a good thing with a bit of tinfoil on the top and holes poked in it.
he just had matches and they worked fine.
no need to get too fussy.
If you like it, I reccommend getting a small glass shallow spoon pipe with a screen and a simple bic lighter.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: Help a non-smoker smoke salvia please :) [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3328776 - 11/06/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

After my abysmal failure last night, I decided today to spring for a water pipe. It's 8-9 inches tall, with a ~4 inch base. To "warm up" my lungs, I purchased some pipe tobacco (BLECH!).

It hurts like shit to breathe in tobacco smoke. Is Salvia any worse than that? If so, I might have some troubles. Also, what is a good water pipe technique? Should I light it just enough to fill the chamber, then remove the slide and pull it all in? And then perhaps repeat that until my load is finished? Or should I keep the light on it and constantly inhale until my lungs are full or it's burned out?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3328994 - 11/06/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ferget the tobacco
practice with just air.hold it in for 20 seconds.
then light the air (keep the flame on)& hold it in for 20 seconds.
then put in 1/20th of a gram and light the stuff (keep the flame on till finished) & hold it in for 20 seconds.
breathe 2 or three times after that relaxing & welcome to salvia space

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
    #3329021 - 11/06/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
ferget the tobacco
practice with just air.hold it in for 20 seconds.
then light the air (keep the flame on)& hold it in for 20 seconds.
then put in 1/20th of a gram and light the stuff (keep the flame on till finished) & hold it in for 20 seconds.
breathe 2 or three times after that relaxing & welcome to salvia space

Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'm planning on doing ~1/10th gram. Can I really pull for as long as it takes to catch fire and burn through the whole thing?

And isn't the Salvia smoke harsh enough that I should practice holding in smoke?

OfflineMike_Ologist
    #3329249 - 11/06/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Whoaaaaaaaa I just did a little more than a 1/0. WHAT a RIDE.

I'll post more trip accounts in case anyone is interested.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3330154 - 11/07/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes please
a full report.
try not to miss a thing.

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
    #3330285 - 11/07/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
yes please
a full report.
try not to miss a thing.

Glad to see the interest :smile:

I'll open a new thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom